Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
“Party on the Park”
So, after all the build up and hype surrounding this event, they’ve announced a guy from Runrig and his band, Torridon and some tribute acts. £40 a head too. I’m sorry but this is quite frankly embarrassing. If they manage to sell 200 tickets then fair play, but who the hell came up with this?

£26 at Perth to watch 90mins of pish on the pitch v £40 to get pished on the pitch all day, I'm in.

it's not even runrig
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Massive anti climax!

(03-09-2018, 06:16 PM)King_Salmon Wrote: So, after all the build up and hype surrounding this event, they’ve announced a guy from Runrig and his band, Torridon and some tribute acts. £40 a head too. I’m sorry but this is quite frankly embarrassing. If they manage to sell 200 tickets then fair play, but who the hell came up with this?

We’re getting an absolute doing for this on Pie and Bovril. And rightly so. Somebody at the club is awful at their job.

Our marketing department is increasingly tinpot. After such a great start with Ross County TV, not one good idea has come from it.

(03-09-2018, 07:19 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: We’re getting an absolute doing for this on Pie and Bovril.

At your instigation ya walloper!

But I agree, it's the most underwhelming gig line up I've ever seen. I'm only aware of one Kenny & Dolly hit, do they just play Islands in the Stream ad nauseum?

(03-09-2018, 08:26 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: At your instigation ya walloper!

But I agree, it's the most underwhelming gig line up I've ever seen. I'm only aware of one Kenny & Dolly hit, do they just play Islands in the Stream ad nauseum?

I assumed the first half would be Kenny Rogers hits and the second half Dolly Parton hits.

I’m slightly intrigued now.

Cheers, Petey.

(03-09-2018, 08:43 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I assumed the first half would be Kenny Rogers hits and the second half Dolly Parton hits.

I’m slightly intrigued now.

Yeah you've nailed it. Half Kenny, half Dolly, culiminating in an epic crescendo.

Incidentally, I've seen both the real Kenny and Dolly live (Glastonbury), but never on stage at the same time.

[Image: RPZW.gif]
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(03-09-2018, 06:23 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: £26 at Perth to watch 90mins of pish on the pitch v £40 to get pished on the pitch all day, I'm in.

Stuart.
Well said !
And, as some of the money raised is going to charity, I hope thousands go along and give their support.
£40 for 8 hours entertainment, £ 20 for Kids.
It cost me £35 to put the family into Vue in order to watch a cartoon for a couple of hours.
Come on guys stop the moaning and help promote the event.

(03-10-2018, 12:33 AM)MOGO Wrote: Stuart.
Well said !
And, as some of the money raised is going to charity, I hope thousands go along and give their support.
£40 for 8 hours entertainment, £ 20 for Kids.
It cost me £35 to put the family into Vue in order to watch a cartoon for a couple of hours.
Come on guys stop the moaning and help promote the event.

Exactly this.

£1 for every ticket goes to Highland Hospice and the rest goes to County's youth development cause/fund.

(03-10-2018, 01:12 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Exactly this.

£1 for every ticket goes to Highland Hospice and the rest goes to County's youth development cause/fund.

Are ear plugs provided tho?

(03-10-2018, 09:43 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Are ear plugs provided tho?

Yes, in the form of beer ?

(03-10-2018, 09:51 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Yes, in the form of beer ?

Think you’ll find those are goggles.

(03-10-2018, 10:46 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Think you’ll find those are goggles.

Or a coat!

So this event has been cancelled, no surprises really.

(05-14-2018, 05:12 PM)NVACA Wrote: So this event has been cancelled, no surprises really.

Bless our marketing department.

(05-14-2018, 05:37 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Bless our marketing department.

How do you sell a gig headlined by Donnie Munro...

(05-14-2018, 06:35 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: How do you sell a gig headlined by Donnie Munro...

By adding a Dolly n Kenny tribute act?

(05-14-2018, 06:51 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: By adding a Dolly n Kenny tribute act?

Maybe attending the gig was mandatory for the players.