Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Killie Away 10/3
No lack of effort yesterday from all involved. Dundee and Thistle are certainly within our sights and I can see us overtaking at least one of them. Prepare for a battle next week against the Accies. Beat them and it’s game-on! Surely this season we’ll have 3 home games after the split?

(03-11-2018, 10:54 AM)Deke Slayton Wrote: No lack of effort yesterday from all involved. Dundee and Thistle are certainly within our sights and I can see us overtaking at least one of them. Prepare for a battle next week against the Accies. Beat them and it’s game-on! Surely this season we’ll have 3 home games after the split?

We are definitely due three home games after the split. We have had three away games post split the previous two seasons therefore in the interest of fairness and equity to our club this is a must!

(03-11-2018, 11:27 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: We are definitely due three home games after the split. We have had three away games post split the previous two seasons therefore in the interest of fairness and equity to our club this is a must!

Thats two home games post split then a cert. Central belt will be delighted if both Highland clubs are out of top league. Need to stay up to show them

(03-11-2018, 11:27 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: We are definitely due three home games after the split. We have had three away games post split the previous two seasons therefore in the interest of fairness and equity to our club this is a must!

Not sure if you are being serious!

We are due two home games after split to make 19 home games.

Last year we were due 3 and got 2? Or was that the year before?

Depending on who finishes bottom 6 there could be an uneven balance of fixtures, but we are not the only team who have lost out in past and so it would not necessarily be us who would get a 20th home game!

It is not a bad thing to be due only two home games after split, as it means you cannot be the team to lose out and end up with only 18 home games (they would never have a team play 1 home and 4 away after split) and if you have lost out in past there is the opportunity to get a 20th game( you would also never have a team getting 4 home and 1 away after split)

400 miles in awful weather to watch a poor game of football.
Management positives were we already looked a bit fitter, kept our shape pretty well but it was an odd shape, and tried to play the ball on the ground.
We totally failed to be creative however against Killies pressing game.
While everybody tried very poor performances from Ngog and Dow and an ofform DKD didn’t help the cause.
Lots of work still to do but then didn’t really expect a miracle first game. Confidence is very low. Alex has got to start next week.

Encouraging to see us not giving up even at three down. Hamilton winning the Lanarkshire derby was a blow. Looking increasingly like a battle between ourselves and Patrick to escape the automatic relegation place.
We surely ought to have three home games post split this time around but to make that count we need to be no more than four points adrift by then.
One win is all we need to build up confidence and momentum. Still all to play for.

I was at St Johnstone and Killie yesterday and, while we did play a bit better, we were well beat. We only made it look respectable because they lost interest.

I didn't expect to get much from the game but I knew we were screwed as soon as I heard the team being announced, what Dow has done to earn a start is beyond me.

Just watched the highlights and they make sad viewing. Lack of vision, no penetration and the 3 goals were pitiful.

I hope they gor a rocket uo their backsides today and certain players showed a complete lack of interest. Two that atuck out are Fontaine and N'Gog.

I hope for miles better on Satirday orbwe truly are down

Anyone know if or when our captain Davies is back?

I'd be happy if he were FIT to replace the shakey Fontaine this Saturday.

(03-15-2018, 11:45 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Anyone know if or when our captain Davies is back?

What's happening with Souttar??

Regarding Davies.........
From the P&J today:-

Ross County interim co-manager Steven Ferguson believes Staggies captain Andrew Davies will have a big part to play in the club’s fight against relegation as he nears a return from injury.
The central defender has been missing since January 24 with a calf injury but Ferguson said recent postponements and the upcoming international break will give Davies, 33, a better chance of featuring heavily in the run-in.

County face a crucial match at home to Hamilton tomorrow but are then off for two weeks before they travel to Glasgow to face Celtic on March 31.

Ferguson said: “We always look for positives so while people might see the break coming up as a negative, given the start-stop nature of it, it gives the injured boys an extra week to recover. It also gives us extra preparation time and a better chance to get our message across to the players.

“Andrew Davies is a big player for us – his experience and his voice on the park are invaluable. He’s getting closer now and without a doubt, he has so much to offer the team in the remainder of the season, he’s the leader and captain.

“He had a recurrence of a calf injury. He was putting his body on the line for way longer than he should have been and it just all caught up with him. What’s really positive is that he feels it is behind him now. He has got himself in good condition.”

Ross Draper and Jason Naismith picked up minor knocks in Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by Kilmarnock but should be fit to play tomorrow, while Sean Kelly, Mattias Kait and Greg Tansey are all out.

With County four points behind second-bottom Partick Thistle and eight behind Hamilton, Ferguson knows it is imperative that the Staggies start picking up points.

He said: “What we need to be sure of is everyone 100% fit to start – and finish the game.

“We see this Hamilton game as a huge challenge and recognise the importance of it for this area and this club.

“The only thing we can influence is our own game. I’d be lying if I said after the game we won’t be looking at other results.

“What we want to do is go into this break off the back of a win. That will leave everything looking a little bit better.”

Souttar was in the stand with his parents at Killie, he'd been sick all week with a bug - spoke to Sean Kelly at the Killie match and he's a few weeks away - Davies hadn't trained on the week leading up to Kilmarnock match, but has been training this week!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(03-15-2018, 11:45 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Anyone know if or when our captain Davies is back?

According to the BBC, Dava's back for the Hamilton game :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43353900

It is the BBC though so he's probably out for the season now!