Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Bye OC
(03-02-2018, 12:00 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Season starts on Saturday - for me the job has to go to Ketts - he’s as ready as he’ll ever be!!!

Next season in the championship, he'll have a good few of the better development players in the starting XI, which should please certain voices. I have a feeling that County will start planning for a long term future as a mid-to-top level Championship club, which to be fair is our natural level. Those players - Tumilty, Dykes, Ashmore, Dingwall X2 - could hold their own in the middle of the pack of the Championship.

Kettlewell is the obvious candidate, were it not for the big overhaul of the development system that he's at the heart of, and which was very recently publicised all over the place.

Fergie and Ketts for the rest of the season

(03-02-2018, 10:01 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Next season in the championship, he'll have a good few of the better development players in the starting XI, which should please certain voices. I have a feeling that County will start planning for a long term future as a mid-to-top level Championship club, which to be fair is our natural level. Those players - Tumilty, Dykes, Ashmore, Dingwall X2 - could hold their own in the middle of the pack of the Championship.

Kettlewell is the obvious candidate, were it not for the big overhaul of the development system that he's at the heart of, and which was very recently publicised all over the place.

I know, I'm sure they didn't see the level of change that's been sprung on us this season, but one thing is for sure, we'll have two guys in Kett's and Fergie that have the club at their hearts and both are well and truly settled in the Highlands - Stuart has all the makings of being a fantastic young manager - has my full backing and I'd have given him the job when Jim went.....but Stuart had to be happy himself - club is at a massive crossroads - I'm happy that he will be good for Ross County!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I was cautiously optimistic when Coyle was appointed, recognising that it was an ambitious appointment, but also that his track record over recent years was pretty poor. Turns out I was right to be cautious, at least!

I thought he was going to get things to click eventually. There were some promising signings made in January, and it looked like we'd turned the corner against Dundee. However, by all accounts the St Johnstone game was a nadir and it was clear Coyle wasn't going to be able to get the results we need.

I strongly suspect Coyle was told to resign or be sacked and he's chosen the former. It allows him to retain a modicum of dignity and might not yet be the final nail in the coffin that is his managerial career.

I think we've got a squad that's good enough to avoid relegation, so with Kettlewell and Ferguson in charge now I'm cautiously optimistic (again!) that we can avoid the drop - assuming they can motivate the squad sufficiently.