Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Bye OC
Pity, it just didn't work out for OC - some players need to have a long hard look at themselves.

(03-01-2018, 07:15 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Remember when I got shot down from everybody for the infamous Coyle Out thread? Well, there you have it...looks like I was onto something a long time ago. Shame the club wasn't, and now we're in a dreadful state on our way to the Championship.

Of course we do, its among the most relentlessly tedious assaults of self-involved bilge this website has ever endured.
You might have been off the timing, but I don't think many will be sad to see Coyle go.

I still agree with everyone who maintains the squad he inherited was brutal, and I do agree with those who say he had a decent window. We started well and for a (very brief) period seemed to have improved on McIntyre, then performances regressed and continued to do so, with very few bright spots - he just didn't seem to know what to do with the players, or how to react to other teams.
Hopefully it'll balance out that we stay up thanks to the players he brought in... so he wont have been a total waste of time... ahem... :-S

Glad he quit so we dont have another payoff on the books. Wonder if the friendship with Roy that was arguably a factor in him getting the job (and some self-awareness) played a role in that?
May be purely family, but i'm cynical.

If we can just get someone to play our best players in their best positions and drill them properly with regard to the upcoming opposition - sorted.

At least he quit so hopefully no pay off! Hope it's not too late for a change in fortune

(03-01-2018, 07:56 PM)Stag76 Wrote: At least he quit so hopefully no pay off! Hope it's not too late for a change in fortune

He was given far too long. Seemed like a nice guy, but not a good manager. I’d imagine John Hughes will get the gig on a short term basis. Which isn’t exactly a good appointment, but wold at least giive them a fighting chance.

(03-01-2018, 08:00 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: He was given far too long. Seemed like a nice guy, but not a good manager. I’d imagine John Hughes will get the gig on a short term basis. Which isn’t exactly a good appointment, but wold at least giive them a fighting chance.

I wondering if Hughes failure at Raith last season, failing to keep them up after being parachuted in as the saviour, might taint that idea with the board?

(03-01-2018, 07:28 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: The statement mentions "the challenging situation with my family being in England" yet at the supporters meeting didn't he say his family would be relocating?
Did John McGinlay ever actually arrive?
You thought to yourself at the meeting, by god he can talk, let's hope it's not all bull.
It was.
Na his family never relocate and McGinlay was only ever there on a match day

(03-01-2018, 07:56 PM)Stag76 Wrote: At least he quit so hopefully no pay off! Hope it's not too late for a change in fortune

Not too sure about that I would say he has been sacked and trying to save face ,,, I'm sure we will find out soon enough

Never pleased to see someone fail, but it wasn't realĺy his fault. He should never have been appointed in the first place.

Our chairman clearly wants us to stay in the top flight so hopefully this time he'll get someone who can ignite the players and unite the fans.
With OC leaving our prospects of staying up have improved - provided we find a suitable replacement.

I gave him a chance and he's somehow made us worse than under MacIntyre, which is an extraordinary achievement.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(03-01-2018, 07:28 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: The statement mentions "the challenging situation with my family being in England" yet at the supporters meeting didn't he say his family would be relocating?
Did John McGinlay ever actually arrive?
You thought to yourself at the meeting, by god he can talk, let's hope it's not all bull.
It was.

Yes this stood out to me as well.

If you are going to work in the north of Scotland you need the family to be beside you. I believe our past management team also had family living away? This will never work.

Please can we have a manager next with a family settled in the Highlands.

(03-01-2018, 08:29 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Never pleased to see someone fail, but it wasn't realĺy his fault. He should never have been appointed in the first place.

Our chairman clearly wants us to stay in the top flight so hopefully this time he'll get someone who can ignite the players and unite the fans.
With OC leaving our prospects of staying up have improved - provided we find a suitable replacement.

I pray it is not too late

(03-01-2018, 09:10 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I pray it is not too late

With you 100% on this one. I hope it was known at the club for a while now too to have the temp management team time to gee up the players for Saturday, which is a huge game for us.

(03-01-2018, 09:10 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Yes this stood out to me as well.

If you are going to work in the north of Scotland you need the family to be beside you. I believe our past management team also had family living away? This will never work.

Please can we have a manager next with a family settled in the Highlands.
JM family lived in Dunblain while BD settled up here with his partner

(03-01-2018, 09:14 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: JM family lived in Dunblain while BD settled up here with his partner

Aye but if rumours are to be believed......... JM wasn't lonely!

Sadly I'm one of those who thought OC was an inspired choice! I had thought that if you have managed close to the highest levels in England, then some football management skills ought to be there. The 4 - 1 defeat of Dundee at Dens Park a few weeks ago is probably the only memorable moment to look back on. We should just be thankful, I think, that there is still a chance to retrieve the situation and maintain our position in the top division.

Season starts on Saturday - for me the job has to go to Ketts - he’s as ready as he’ll ever be!!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(03-01-2018, 07:24 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: The performance last Saturday at Perth would have been the final straw for Roy. There was clearly no relationship with the players.

Yeah, except he resigned...

(03-01-2018, 07:21 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Do you practice being an [censored] or does it just come naturally?

It's okay, we all get things wrong sometimes, don't worry.

I'd agree with Stuart
The official line is he resigned,after his chat with Roy on Monday.
So I'd say it was the final straw for Roy,."Sort it ,or fall on your sword",he obviously did not think he could sort it.

(03-01-2018, 10:00 PM)Elvis Peffrey Wrote: Sadly I'm one of those who thought OC was an inspired choice! I had thought that if you have managed close to the highest levels in England, then some football management skills ought to be there. The 4 - 1 defeat of Dundee at Dens Park a few weeks ago is probably the only memorable moment to look back on. We should just be thankful, I think, that there is still a chance to retrieve the situation and maintain our position in the top division.

I was the same, I was delighted with the appointment,oh to have a crystal ball.!

As mentioned in the P&J, press call yesterday morning 9.45am, all appeared normal, Coyle his usual bubbly self and talking about Saturdays game.
So what happened later yesterday? Was training that bad he thought, feck it, I'm off. Dressing room revolt?
I'm more of the view this was Roy's call, but who knows. Anyway it's done, a forgettable chapter, good luck to Ketts in trying to sort out some of the Diva's in this squad.

(03-02-2018, 08:46 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: As mentioned in the P&J, press call yesterday morning 9.45am, all appeared normal, Coyle his usual bubbly self and talking about Saturdays game.
So what happened later yesterday? Was training that bad he thought, feck it, I'm off. Dressing room revolt?
I'm more of the view this was Roy's call, but who knows. Anyway it's done, a forgettable chapter, good luck to Ketts in trying to sort out some of the Diva's in this squad.

I would agree re Roy’s call... Coyle has a pretty poor CV and imo he’d struggle to get another job with a relegation on it with RC. I would have thought Roy gave him the option to resign before another sacking was added to that CV.