Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Away to St Johnstone 24/2/18
(02-25-2018, 04:41 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Relegation would be a good thing. The playing budget is bloated and unsustainable.

Relegation is never a good thing when people lose jobs,and I'm not talking about players.
I am not privvy to players salaries ,as they are not to mine, but my guess is ,that the players we have ,and our income through the gates and hospitality does not come close to covering the players wage bill..
But if we stay up will we be talking about that?

(02-25-2018, 06:57 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: The current Ross County team only train in the morning.
What's that all about?

There's a lot of people on here shouting for Coyle's head, it's the same people who were calling for JM's and were hailing Coyle as a brilliant appointment.

Make up your mind. I was never behind his appointment, and unfortunately I saw this happening.
That said, until Roy etc deems otherwise, I'll give them my support.
It gives me absolutely no satisfaction to be proven correct on this occasion however.

Everybody should get behind the team and hopefully we'll get out of this mess. 3pts against Partick would be massive, anything else is a disaster.

COYS!!!
Under Dereck Adams they only trained in the morning ,and for the majority of his time with us it worked.
But you are right Jamie,all we can do is support the team,going into matches with a negative vibe must get picked up by the players.
If we win on Saturday we are off bottom,huge incentive for everyone connected to County.
COYS

(02-25-2018, 04:30 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: the club needs a clean out in all departments "

Especially in the 'fan' department.

Let's get along and give them our full support on Saturday in what will be a massive game now, anything other than a win could be disastrous, but there is still a lot of football to play - as long as we keep it around 3 points of a gap going into the split, we all have to play each other and not everyone is going to get points...before then, some of the teams around us have to play harder games than we'll have - so let's not book travel plans for Greenock quite yet!

If Roy does decide to retire, stand down - then I don't want it to be during a season where we get relegated - and neither should the players who he is providing a decent living for - some of them need to take a close look in the mirror this morning after that performance on Saturday!

Let's do our jobs as supporters on Saturday and get behind the team - MON THE STAGGIES!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

The reason for the booing from the away support at HT was that there was no hunger, no desire, no motivation, no fight, no tactics, no closing down, no game-plan and (as it turned out) no way back. The worst ‘performance’ by any Ross County side in Perth. That based on having seen all our games there over the years. Ironically, by probably our highest ever earners facing the poorest St. J team we have faced. An opposition that had not won at home in five months. Reflected in their lack of confidence in the early stages. A side that were there for the taking. An average team that fully deserved their win against a dire Ross County.

Under normal circumstances the away hard core are normally very patient. The players are usually applauded at FT - even in defeat. The key word being effort - or in this case total lack thereof.

First away attempt on goal when three quarters of the same had passed. The very basics of the game (pass and move, running off the ball and close down opposition) not in evidence at all.

Feel sorry for the usual reliable individuals that showed some effort (Naismith, Schalk, and Fraser). Fontaine is a tryer. However, he was Hibs fifth choice centre back when he joined. His CB partner Souttar is raw and has shown signs of developing into a very good player. However, he is only a teenager and was very edgy. We miss Davies experience, leadership and influence at CB. DKD was out of sorts. Fraser - a lot of respect for, but not a LB. Most of the others didn’t looked interested / like they wanted to be there. Some of them clearly won’t. There is something not right at the club. Fitness levels are very poor. The tactics were atrocious. No balance in the side. A game that was crying out for Draper’s strength to bully Davidson who had the run of our totally ineffective midfield. Not even in the squad. Would also like Fraser switched to RB and Naismith tried at right midfield where their main strengths would be best used.

Two years ago this weekend we were sitting fourth in the Scottish Premiership. One year ago this weekend OC was sacked from Bolton after having lost 16 league games last season. Our paths have collided.

Dire tactics in Perth as others have clearly pointed out. No Plan A (forget Plan B). No interest from the dugout. One win in seventeen games. That is shocking by anyone’s standards. A squad bloated since January with loan players. A team who have not gelled on the park.

Roy – this is your club / the supporters' club / my club. Should we lose against PT on Saturday, IMO (and those of many others) OC has to go. Apologies to any happy clappers. Even if we go on to stay up (via. the play offs) many of us - who have seen it all over the years - have absolutely no confidence in the man going forward into next season even if that is in the Championship……..

(02-26-2018, 10:06 PM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: The reason for the booing from the away support at HT was that there was no hunger, no desire, no motivation, no fight, no tactics, no closing down, no game-plan and (as it turned out) no way back. The worst ‘performance’ by any Ross County side in Perth. That based on having seen all our games there over the years. Ironically, by probably our highest ever earners facing the poorest St. J team we have faced. An opposition that had not won at home in five months. Reflected in their lack of confidence in the early stages. A side that were there for the taking. An average team that fully deserved their win against a dire Ross County.

Under normal circumstances the away hard core are normally very patient. The players are usually applauded at FT - even in defeat. The key word being effort - or in this case total lack thereof.

First away attempt on goal when three quarters of the same had passed. The very basics of the game (pass and move, running off the ball and close down opposition) not in evidence at all.

Feel sorry for the usual reliable individuals that showed some effort (Naismith, Schalk, and Fraser). Fontaine is a tryer. However, he was Hibs fifth choice centre back when he joined. His CB partner Souttar is raw and has shown signs of developing into a very good player. However, he is only a teenager and was very edgy. We miss Davies experience, leadership and influence at CB. DKD was out of sorts. Fraser - a lot of respect for, but not a LB. Most of the others didn’t looked interested / like they wanted to be there. Some of them clearly won’t. There is something not right at the club. Fitness levels are very poor. The tactics were atrocious. No balance in the side. A game that was crying out for Draper’s strength to bully Davidson who had the run of our totally ineffective midfield. Not even in the squad. Would also like Fraser switched to RB and Naismith tried at right midfield where their main strengths would be best used.

Two years ago this weekend we were sitting fourth in the Scottish Premiership. One year ago this weekend OC was sacked from Bolton after having lost 16 league games last season. Our paths have collided.

Dire tactics in Perth as others have clearly pointed out. No Plan A (forget Plan B). No interest from the dugout. One win in seventeen games. That is shocking by anyone’s standards. A squad bloated since January with loan players. A team who have not gelled on the park.

Roy – this is your club / the supporters' club / my club. Should we lose against PT on Saturday, IMO (and those of many others) OC has to go. Apologies to any happy clappers. Even if we go on to stay up (via. the play offs) many of us - who have seen it all over the years - have absolutely no confidence in the man going forward into next season even if that is in the Championship……..

Can't disagree with any of this..... good post.

(02-26-2018, 02:38 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Let's get along and give them our full support on Saturday in what will be a massive game now, anything other than a win could be disastrous, but there is still a lot of football to play - as long as we keep it around 3 points of a gap going into the split, we all have to play each other and not everyone is going to get points...before then, some of the teams around us have to play harder games than we'll have - so let's not book travel plans for Greenock quite yet!

If Roy does decide to retire, stand down - then I don't want it to be during a season where we get relegated - and neither should the players who he is providing a decent living for - some of them need to take a close look in the mirror this morning after that performance on Saturday!

Let's do our jobs as supporters on Saturday and get behind the team - MON THE STAGGIES!

This.

(02-26-2018, 10:06 PM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: The reason for the booing from the away support at HT was that there was no hunger, no desire, no motivation, no fight, no tactics, no closing down, no game-plan and (as it turned out) no way back. The worst ‘performance’ by any Ross County side in Perth. That based on having seen all our games there over the years. Ironically, by probably our highest ever earners facing the poorest St. J team we have faced. An opposition that had not won at home in five months. Reflected in their lack of confidence in the early stages. A side that were there for the taking. An average team that fully deserved their win against a dire Ross County.

"One year ago this weekend OC was sacked from Bolton after having lost 16 league games last season"

You've actually got that wrong. You've missed out the misery imposed on supporters of Wigan Athletic, Houston Dynamo and Blackburn Rovers, since OC was sacked by Bolton Wanderers in October 2012.

(02-26-2018, 10:06 PM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: The reason for the booing from the away support at HT was that there was no hunger, no desire, no motivation, no fight, no tactics, no closing down, no game-plan and (as it turned out) no way back. The worst ‘performance’ by any Ross County side in Perth. That based on having seen all our games there over the years. Ironically, by probably our highest ever earners facing the poorest St. J team we have faced. An opposition that had not won at home in five months. Reflected in their lack of confidence in the early stages. A side that were there for the taking.

At 2-0 I was saying that it was as bad as the 4-0 there a few years ago, a shambolic display with the likes of Micic, Saunders and Gordon in defence. But that was against a decent SJ team at that time.

Saturday was more depressing because of the attitude of half the team, if you are not going to do it for the manager, or the fans, at least do it for yourselves (see 40 unbeaten run).
Too many are more interested in updating their Insta story and getting back to The Den before closing time where they can pretend they are Christiano Ronaldo and get swooned on by young girls.

(02-26-2018, 11:54 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: "One year ago this weekend OC was sacked from Bolton after having lost 16 league games last season"

You've actually got that wrong. You've missed out the misery imposed on supporters of Wigan Athletic, Houston Dynamo and Blackburn Rovers, since OC was sacked by Bolton Wanderers in October 2012.

My bad – I meant to type Blackburn Rovers rather than Bolton to which the rest of the sentence applies i.e. OC was sacked by Blackburn one year ago after losing 16 league games up until that point in the season..

(02-27-2018, 10:02 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: At 2-0 I was saying that it was as bad as the 4-0 there a few years ago, a shambolic display with the likes of Micic, Saunders and Gordon in defence. But that was against a decent SJ team at that time.

Saturday was more depressing because of the attitude of half the team, if you are not going to do it for the manager, or the fans, at least do it for yourselves (see 40 unbeaten run).
Too many are more interested in updating their Insta story and getting back to The Den before closing time where they can pretend they are Christiano Ronaldo and get swooned on by young girls.

Absolutely agree Stuart - I think some of them need to take a close look at themselves in the mirror and ask are they really giving their all for the club that's providing them a living and looking after them better than most clubs would!!!

(02-27-2018, 10:02 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: At 2-0 I was saying that it was as bad as the 4-0 there a few years ago, a shambolic display with the likes of Micic, Saunders and Gordon in defence. But that was against a decent SJ team at that time.

Hear hear! earlier on in the season I thought a few of the players were looking overweight and unfit, now they just look lazy too. That's meant with no disrespect to those that would run through brick walls for the team and the fans, looking at Schalk here.

(02-27-2018, 02:19 PM)NVACA Wrote: Hear hear! earlier on in the season I thought a few of the players were looking overweight and unfit, now they just look lazy too. That's meant with no disrespect to those that would run through brick walls for the team and the fans, looking at Schalk here.

Schalk never out of an Inverness gym doing extra work - a few more could take a leaf out of his book.....

(02-27-2018, 10:06 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Schalk never out of an Inverness gym doing extra work - a few more could take a leaf out of his book.....

I think longer term, even if we were to stay up, the way this team is playing is making it less likely that Schalk will still be here next season. He’s streets ahead of anyone else in terms of workrate, he’s bound to be turning heads. Any team could benefit from a player willing to run himself into the ground for his team, no matter how much or how little effort his teammates are putting in.

Yeah there's no question that if we go down then Schalk will be off, which I would never blame him for. He's one of the few that have always put in 100% effort this season and you can see the efforts he puts in to motivate the team and how much he wants to succeed.

Looking at all of the comments about the SJ game, could it be that OC has 'lost the dressing room'? I hope not and that this game was a blip and we'll rebound against PT this weekend. If not the Championship beckons!

(02-27-2018, 10:24 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: I think longer term, even if we were to stay up, the way this team is playing is making it less likely that Schalk will still be here next season. He’s streets ahead of anyone else in terms of workrate, he’s bound to be turning heads. Any team could benefit from a player willing to run himself into the ground for his team, no matter how much or how little effort his teammates are putting in.

He can also trap a ball and beat his man, and use both feet, and score goals. Unlike any other of the strikers.

If we go down, Schalk and Naismith will certainly be away.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(02-28-2018, 10:53 PM)Despot Wrote: If we go down, Schalk and Naismith will certainly be away.

If we stay up, Schalk and Naismith will certainly be away.

Just looked at the highlights - abysmal, absolutely abysmal and that's St Johnstone. OC just sits there and looks on. Can we rename him Nero - fiddling while Rome burns. Oh woe is us.

(02-27-2018, 10:06 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Schalk never out of an Inverness gym doing extra work - a few more could take a leaf out of his book.....

Coyle is gone finito good riddance