Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Away to St Johnstone 24/2/18
(02-25-2018, 08:29 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I'd take McIntyre back in a heartbeat, even though it was clear his team was getting stale.

Nah, Jim had to go, for more than footballing reasons. 

However on the evidence so far, Roy has made a massive blunder in appointing Coyle.

That was so bad. I haven't heard booing like that from County supporters since Willie McStay's last match in charge.

I don't like picking out particular players to criticise, but Fox has to come out of the team. He is having such a crisis in confidence that it is holding the team back. The centre-backs need to deal with everything, and when they need him to sweep up he is rooted to his line. McCarey might have an error in him but so does Fox every match now as well, so we might as well have McCarey speaking to the defence, coming for crosses, releasing the ball early (Fox did try that more in the first half here to be fair) and taking pressure off the defenders.

Coyle screamed to Souttar to sort things out with Fontaine, who looked nervous again with the ball on top of him - Souttar himself hasn't even played ten senior league matches in his career! It's quite obvious that Souttar could do with a bit of coaching but he's not getting it. Souttar would look a different class in Steve Clarke's team.

Jim O'Brien looked in a huff. Where were the incisive runs beyond the forwards that we saw from him vs Hearts? Tansey, O'Brien and Routis have all played and looked comfortable as the holding midfielder this season, but having all three in the side gives far too much of the same thing.

I think I'm in the minority in thinking Draper should be playing. Murray Davidson had the run of the pitch yesterday when Draper cancelled him out in the match in Perth in October. Draper's last three managers have used him as a box-to-box midfielder, but he's not that. It's daft.

There's no fault on Fraser's effort and commitment and he's turned out to be a good vice-captain in the way he leads by example, but he's not got the ability to offer anything on his left side in the final third. There were three or four occasions in the first half where attacks broke down with him not being able to offer a bit of quality there. I wouldn't want to see him out of the team, but in a back four you need both full-backs to be able to support an attack when it comes down their side of the pitch. Picking two 19 year-olds in a defence managed by a coach who doesn't coach might be a huge risk, but Melbourne needs to be given a go some time.

Fraser at LB puts too much pressure on Keillor-Dunn to provide quality at the level of consistency that Gardyne gave McIntyre. Except by that point Gardyne had 200 senior appearances and Keillor-Dunn is in his debut season. The lack of an out-and-out, get-to-the-byline winger in the squad is a massive oversight.

OC is letting us down badly.

Partick Thistle only need to put the ball into the space between GK and back line for Sammon and/or Doolan to cause mayhem. Lose it and relegation might as well be a certainty.

Serious lack of any kind of cohesion yesterday - hardly strung two passes together - decision to move Routis forward and have Tansey sitting deep was bizarre ???

As for Curran stupid sending off, looked like he wanted up the tunnel early??

Serious work needed this week to get a game plan together - need to keep the gap tight going into the split - it’s still possible - but not on yesterday’s showing
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Wasn’t at the game and I won’t watch the highlights. Sounded dreadful. Must win against Partick. They will cause us problems with Sammon so we have to improve.

Only positive from yesterday is Curran is suspended for the game next week. Only players who look up for the fight are Schalk, Fraser and Fontaine. Can't fault Fraser in any way really as he is being played completely out of position. The rest look like they can't be bothered and why they signed Tansey who is clearly still way off being fit is beyond me.

Fontaine seems to try really hard but really doesn't look sharp and I was very disappointed in his performance against Hearts. Did better yesterday but so many dangerous passes between him and Souttar right in front of our box.

So to sum up so far we need a coach who can coach and a manager who can manage and change tactics as required. Currently we have none of these running the team. Coyle surely has to go and quickly.

(02-25-2018, 10:27 AM)john@THHP Wrote: I think I'm in the minority in thinking Draper should be playing. Murray Davidson had the run of the pitch yesterday when Draper cancelled him out in the match in Perth in October. Draper's last three managers have used him as a box-to-box midfielder, but he's not that. It's daft.

Was very surprised that Draper wasn't even on the bench, as Davidson has often given our midfield a torrid time. Draper is the only one of our midfield lot who Davidson can't bully, he just swats him aside like he used to do to Ketts.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

What is the deal with Draper? Where's he been recently?

It's tempting to ask for Coyle's sacking at this stage and imo even if we stay up he has to go, but could we afford it/get someone in in time to save us?

It's not even as if St Johnstone were particularly good yesterday (they weren't) - we were just appallingly bad

Fox's limitations have been horribly exposed this season, so definitely think there's merit in bringing McCarey back in
Beginning to wonder if there's something seriously amiss with training- Ngog still doesn't look fully match fit (not that he got any sort of service yesterday), Tansey looks useful in possession but again is nowhere near ready for a full 90 (would definitely have Kait back in the starting XI for Saturday) and it took Eagles an age to get to that stage. Are these guys working / being worked hard enough during the week?
Got the feeling yesterday that, if it wasn't coming from Naismith (who's probably already house-hunting in the Burton area) or DKD, where was anything remotely positive going to come from?
Fraser's sound defensively at LB but as already mentioned doesn't offer anything like the sort of service a more natural left sided player would- is there a case to be made for going with 3 CBs, with Naismith and Melbourne WBs?
Daft red for Curran- what's with Coyle's weird reluctance to give Billy Mckay any sort of proper opportunity? (Effiong's absence from the 18 is altogether more understandable)
Win on Saturday and this is still just about salvageable (although I'm keeping May 17th and 20th free and Googling train times to Greenock and Livingston)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Going to be a roller coaster from now to the end of the season. The result and performance against Hearts gave me hope and some confidence. Yesterday’s result and performance severely diminished both.

I still think that we can drag ourselves off the bottom to at least the play off spot. Whether we could then overcome probably Dundee United over two legs is a different matter.

(02-25-2018, 02:57 PM)NVACA Wrote: What is the deal with Draper? Where's he been recently?

It's tempting to ask for Coyle's sacking at this stage and imo even if we stay up he has to go, but could we afford it/get someone in in time to save us?

Shouldn’t have to ask for Coyle s sacking , it should have been done Or has he been handed the unenviable job of taking County into championship ,the club needs a clean out in all departments ,maybe that’s what it is all about
Sadly people will lose their jobs, even some good coaches will go no good one man having full control "

(02-25-2018, 04:30 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Shouldn’t have to ask for Coyle s sacking , it should have been done Or has he been handed the unenviable job of taking County into championship ,the club needs a clean out in all departments ,maybe that’s what it is all about
Sadly people will lose their jobs, even some good coaches will go no good one man having full control "

Relegation would be a good thing. The playing budget is bloated and unsustainable.

(02-25-2018, 04:41 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Relegation would be a good thing. The playing budget is bloated and unsustainable.

I think relegation would be a disaster, you might never see the team in the top division again! While yesterday was particularly poor, you have to give some credit to St Johnstone who did exactly what was required to get a result - not that I'm suggesting they were any great shakes!

The situation is not yet desperate, Partick Thistle have just had two very poor results losing both games late on that they thought they were taking something from. Their confidence can't be great. A win on Saturday and we are well back in the mix, let's just hope that yesterday was a blip!

Interesting conversation with StJ fans in the Muirton Suite before the game. They were not in least bit bothered about relegation. Been there, seen it, done it. And come back up and played plenty of European football and won the Scottish Cup. Relegation isn’t the end of the world .... far from it. Painful though it may be short term we may come back stronger. Looking around the Muirton Suite shows that a well-organised team can beat the likes of SV Hamburg, Vasas Budapest, Rosenberg and Salzburg and compete with the likes of AC Monaco and Real Madrid. We’re early on in our top league history and there’s going to be setbacks. Hopefully Roy and the board learn and we don’t plummet like Gretna. After yesterday I see cannot envisage is escaping relegation. We can go down an reorganise as StJ and StM have done and come back stronger. OC probably won’t be there, Roy may not be there but we the supporters will be there. COYS. FTICT.

The current Ross County team only train in the morning.
What's that all about?

There's a lot of people on here shouting for Coyle's head, it's the same people who were calling for JM's and were hailing Coyle as a brilliant appointment.

Make up your mind. I was never behind his appointment, and unfortunately I saw this happening.
That said, until Roy etc deems otherwise, I'll give them my support.
It gives me absolutely no satisfaction to be proven correct on this occasion however.

Everybody should get behind the team and hopefully we'll get out of this mess. 3pts against Partick would be massive, anything else is a disaster.

COYS!!!

(02-25-2018, 05:12 PM)Elvis Peffrey Wrote: I think relegation would be a disaster, you might never see the team in the top division again!

We've seen them win a national cup and have a good few years in the top flight. That's far more than we had any right to dream of, let alone expect.

To see the club live within its means in the Championship is a perfectly reasonable ambition.

Really do miss the days of Brittain, Ketts, Boyd et al, guys who actually cared. We were an absolute disgrace yesterday, the whole lot of them can [censored] off.

The worst thing about yesterday is that Coyle mostly just sat there and said nothing whilst the whole game went from bad to worse. He looked like a man who has kidded on he's a football manager.

(02-25-2018, 06:57 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: The current Ross County team only train in the morning.
What's that all about?

There's a lot of people on here shouting for Coyle's head, it's the same people who were calling for JM's and were hailing Coyle as a brilliant appointment.

Make up your mind. I was never behind his appointment, and unfortunately I saw this happening.
That said, until Roy etc deems otherwise, I'll give them my support.
It gives me absolutely no satisfaction to be proven correct on this occasion however.

Everybody should get behind the team and hopefully we'll get out of this mess. 3pts against Partick would be massive, anything else is a disaster.

COYS!!!

I am lead to believe that they train in the morning and go to the gym in the afternoon that was the same under JM the training session is 2hrs long that is half an hour longer that a full 90 the body can only take so much before the muscles don’t take any affect that what the players are doing in training