Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Away to St Johnstone 24/2/18
66 mins first shot in target! Surely, surely the stats guys have got this completely wrong, that must be impossible? How can that actully happen in a game of football? if somehow true, what kind of manager and team have we got, we were playing a side in total freefall just like ourselves.

I can only describe today as absolute chaos overseen by a manager who largely just sat on his seat and said nothing. Quite possibly the worst I've ever seen county. There was a good following there today and the reaction was venomous at the final whistle.

(02-24-2018, 08:15 PM)StaggieDoo Wrote: Quite possibly the worst I've ever seen county.

Definitely at least the worst I've seen us this season. Not many of that team showing the desire to take the game to St J and Curran with a needless sending off.

Grim viewing today. Looked like a bunch of strangers playing together. Truly awful performance Sad

In all the years I have followed County today was by far the worst performance, particularly 1st half, based on this we are certainties for relegation.
There was no fight, we pulled out of tackles, didn’t track runners and couldn’t make a 5 yard pass, the ‘tactics’ appeared to be long ball up the pitch and chase, it really was dreadful stuff, st Johnstone are very average but they won’t have an easier 3 points all season.
You would never have thought County were fighting for survival , it was like 11 strangers out there, and I have to say o’briens attitude today was a disgrace.
I like the look of Fontaine and Naismith as always can walk away from today with their heads up but the rest either had a very off day & / or could not care less about ross County.
We can still aim for 11th but something needs to change and quickly

3 points next Sat and we're back in it - still plenty points to play for

championship awaits

(02-24-2018, 08:55 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: 3 points next Sat and we're back in it - still plenty points to play for
Yes, if we could somehow just beat Partick next Saturday, we would move off the bottom of the table and in all probability, be just two points behind Accies, (assuming they don't take anything from Leith or Perth..).

We’re not gonna get too many more points playing as we did today. OC and SS have a massive job to keep us up. StJ strolled through the 90 mind. Didn’t rate any of our players but special mention must go to Ngog who despite being taller than StJ’s defenders failed to win any of the speculative punts that came his way. Pretty sure the big fella failed to break sweat today. Oh, and full marks to Marcus Fraser for his contribution in Curran’s sending-off. Now if we could only find an excuse to blame the referee!?!

What an embarrassing and shameful performance from our team. The same team (with exception of Taney) who passed and fought for every ball at Dundee, yet today there was no fight, 2nd to every ball and continually hoofed the ball aimlessly. Our players look lost and shot of confidence, unable to do the basics. What hope do we have? Very little if today is anything to go by. There is no relationship/ confidence between our back line and keeper, and boys in the middle of the park offering nothing. The manager is putting Fraser at left back, today's performance shows he's out his depth there, but he's one of very few giving his all. Boys like Routis, O'Brien, Tansey and even DKD hardly put a foot in today. Outfought and outmuscled. Next week is quite simply a must win.

Appalling. Players are flat footed, no desire, no hunger, no structure. What was up with J. O'brien today?

What a shame for the fans who responded to support the team in decent numbers today.

For the early part of the second half (at least) our manager was nowhere to be seen whilst Tommy Wright was animated and active in his technical area, you'd have thought that the score was the other way round! That told its own story for me.

(02-24-2018, 10:16 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Appalling. Players are flat footed, no desire, no hunger, no structure. What was up with J. O'brien today?

What a shame for the fans who responded to support the team in decent numbers today.

For the early part of the second half (at least) our manager was nowhere to be seen whilst Tommy Wright was animated and active in his technical area, you'd have thought that the score was the other way round! That told its own story for me.

Our current manager is the most uninspiring manager ever,every game he sits on his [censored] and when he ventures into the technical area it is to argue over a bloody throw in,no leadership and clearly unable to inspire players.If this is the best we can get then even heaven cant help us out of this mess

Anyone know how many went down? Seemed there were a fair few of us!

We were shocking today. Deserved nothing and got nothing.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

So what's the answer/solution / problem. This needs to be sorted and very very quickly. The variations in performance are just not acceptable.

(02-24-2018, 11:24 PM)the reaper Wrote: So what's the answer/solution / problem. This needs to be sorted and very very quickly. The variations in performance are just not acceptable.

Get points/ play better/ players not performing..

(02-24-2018, 11:38 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Get points/ play better/ players not performing..

I really think we have gone backwards in terms of management sinc OC took over - in Kets doesn’t want it until the summer isn’t there someone out of work that could be better I might even accept Terry Butcher surely he would have us a bit more aggressive

Absolutely shameful today. Was Owen Coyle even there, as I didn't see him once? Do any of the players actually care? O'Brien and DKD looked like they'd rather by anywhere but playing for Ross County today. We are going down.

Was that the nadir?

Somebody genuinely said on Facebook last week, "Give him [Coyle] a chance..." And then proceeded to blame McIntyre for everything. I'd take McIntyre back in a heartbeat, even though it was clear his team was getting stale.

I'd like to think that kind of thinking is now consigned to the dustbin. Look at Kilmarnock's result compared with County's. The minute County go a goal down, it's game over.

In some ways I'm looking forward to being back in the Championship. It's County's natural level, and without the stress of having to pay through the nose for muppets like David Ngog and Liam Fontaine, the club can actually get its house in order.

I'd be very surprised if Craig Curran plays for County again after that. Getting needlessly sent off at this particular period of time is indefensible.

The only way out is to finish 11th, at this point. Even a dreadful County team could beat the Championship runners up. All or nothing on the Partick game.

But at least there's the rugby.

There is something wrong at the heart of our club. A team which has played periods of outstanding football doesn't descend into this shambles for no reason. This lies with the management. What is going on?