Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At home against Hearts 17/02/18
(02-22-2018, 11:46 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Am I wrong in thinking that, Lafferty, should then be considered as being on the line? That being the case both he, and the other hearts player who is lying on the ground are playing Schalk onside!

As I stated before, maybe the officials should be goggling the rules, as you did!

I just hope they interpret them better than you seem to have!

you tell me, as i clearly dont have a clue what im talking about

(02-22-2018, 05:06 PM)Deldad7 Wrote: you tell me, as i clearly dont have a clue what im talking about

Not taken this well have you?

Nearly a week on, it didn't go in, just move on.

(02-20-2018, 10:16 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Then why do you normally see the three officials on the pitch waiting until all the players have left the pitch at the end of a game?

Sorry, only just noticed this question...

Maybe they would do what you're saying if the game had ended with something like a melee on the pitch (e.g. following our home game against Celtic in April) but, generally, it will always be AR1 (the stand-side linesman) who patrols the tunnel after the game, hence running straight there. AR2 (the far-side linesman) will meet the referee on the pitch and they will head in behind the players. The fourth official will be the last to leave. As far as I know, the only time that practice changes is when the set up of the ground dictates it - for example, at grounds like Pittodrie, Dens or East End Park, where the tunnels are in different locations, it may sometimes be AR2 who will be best placed to head in first.

That's certainly the practice in Scotland. I can't think off the top of my head if it differs in England or in European football...

(02-24-2018, 12:22 AM)MSM Wrote: Sorry, only just noticed this question...

Maybe they would do what you're saying if the game had ended with something like a melee on the pitch (e.g. following our home game against Celtic in April) but, generally, it will always be AR1 (the stand-side linesman) who patrols the tunnel after the game, hence running straight there. AR2 (the far-side linesman) will meet the referee on the pitch and they will head in behind the players. The fourth official will be the last to leave. As far as I know, the only time that practice changes is when the set up of the ground dictates it - for example, at grounds like Pittodrie, Dens or East End Park, where the tunnels are in different locations, it may sometimes be AR2 who will be best placed to head in first.

That's certainly the practice in Scotland. I can't think off the top of my head if it differs in England or in European football...

Interesting ,I'll look out for that.