Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At home against Hearts 17/02/18
A 12:30pm KO for this one, are we on the telly?

Glad to have a home match to attend, although Hearts have a good record up here and they've a host of players coming back from injury.

We'll be confident after the win at Dens, I'm fully expecting a similar starting XI, Tansey maybe in if he's fit?

There will be the battle of the Souter brothers, Cowie back at Viccy Park, plus a couple of very talented 16/17 year olds for Hearts too.

I'm always hopeful of a win at home but they just don't happen as often as I'd like.

I'm predicting a DKD early goal to set us on our way to a 3-1 win.

It's on Sky, yes.

Hearts are probably one of the form teams in the division right now. Levein has made them a hard to beat team. If I remember correctly, I think they have 10 clean sheets in their last 12 matches so it won't be easy for the team.

Don't imagine it will be a high scoring game but if we can have a mistake free game (please) and continue from where we left off against Dundee hopefully we can sneak a win.

Big weekend for us as Accies and St Johnstone play each half of the Old Firm and Dundee play Partick, the table should look a lot better on Sunday night if we can get the 3 points.

1-0 County for me. Believe.

I’d take a 1:0 win from this one - I think we’ll be fired up after the Dundee win, but this will be a much tougher test for us - hoping we don’t tinker with the team too much.......

Get stuck into them, but be prepared for lots of cheating from Hearts - they are terrible for falling about all over the place with minimal contact
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Got to be hopeful! It would be truly awesome if we could continue the unbeaten to two!

Team lines will be interesting, hopefully a fairly settled group selected.

Good luck to all and hope there is a big crowd to will on the lads.

Will be interesting to see if they stick with Fraser at LB or if our young loanee gets a run out. I think it should be the same team that started v Dundee, hopefully with the same intensity and drive.

Fraser did pretty well at LB, it's not his natural position but he linked up really well with DKD when attacking and to be fair, the back four looked pretty solid - I wouldn't be changing this at the moment unless something goes wrong i.e. they have a howler, or injury suspension....Routis playing deep just in front of the back four worked well and O'Brien, DKD and Kait looked very mobile and caused all sorts of issues for Dundee....

I'd definitely give the same team another chance to shine, can always change things if it's not working against Hearts, but if we stand off Hearts and give them space they will destroy us!

From BBC Sport website:-
Hearts have been revealed as the dirtiest team in the Scottish Premiership alongside Motherwell, according to data from WyScout and Transfermarkt, only days after manager Craig Levein said players needed protection from Celtic captain Scott Brown. (Daily Record)

Confirms earlier views on this forum. Levein more faces than a town hall clock. Niggle point for Saturday????

If we play like we did against Dundee we will be fine MON THE STAGGIES

(02-15-2018, 12:30 AM)the reaper Wrote: From BBC Sport website:-
Hearts have been revealed as the dirtiest team in the Scottish Premiership alongside Motherwell, according to data from WyScout and Transfermarkt, only days after manager Craig Levein said players needed protection from Celtic captain Scott Brown. (Daily Record)

Confirms earlier views on this forum. Levein more faces than a town hall clock. Niggle point for Saturday????

The way they were falling about all over the place after going up against us in the last home game was embarrassing to watch - ref will no doubt be getting sucked in by them again tomorrow - we just need to be on our game and don't give them too many opportunities.....

Light at the end of the tunnel after last week ... hoping it’s not an oncoming train! We’ll soon find out. One thing guaranteed is that the after-match interviews with the respective managers will be a cringe-fest. Both talk a load of nonsense. COYS

Come on boys! Tough game today. Need a win but id take a draw against a good Hearts side

Two points dropped against an average Hearts side. Didn’t start playing until we went a goal behind. Well done Scott Fox for bringing the game to life.

Delighted with a point, would have taken that before kick off.
A fairly even first half with Hearts just slightly coming out on top.
Second half Hearts dominated for long spells in the first 20-25 minutes. We managed to soak up the pressure and ended the game far stronger.
Great strike by Lafferty for the opener, but a tremendous strike by Naismith for the equaliser which if I am being honest I didnt see coming.
N'gog is great at holding the ball up and can turn players beautifully at times. Schalk ran his socks off as did Fraser.

I thought we looked a fairly solid unit today. Well done everyone.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

I'll take a point! Working so couldn't attend but sounds like we found some solidity we've been sorely lacking at times

(02-17-2018, 04:15 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Two points dropped against an average Hearts side. Didn’t start playing until we went a goal behind. Well done Scott Fox for bringing the game to life.

That's a bit harsh. From where I was sitting, Lafferty's kick seemed to go over the wall and right into the corner of the net. Maybe it looked different on the TV.

Agreed that Hearts looked average, but pleased that we seem better than before the transfer window. We moved the ball around quite well but the last pass often went astray.

Sadly still think we'll get relegated but there are small signs of hope. Good to hear the crowd getting behind the team towards the end.

I'm pretty sure the first half has already deleted itself from my brain as it wasn't hugely memorable in any way. From what I do recall I watched Hearts hit the side netting about 100 times.

Second half though, after conceding that free kick (which bounced pretty awkwardly in front of fox but I still think he could do better throughout games) we came to life. Left the stadium a bit disappointed we didn't get the win but if we'd been offered a point before the game I'd probably have taken it. Good goal from Naismith, unfortunate that DKD didn't get his big chance on target because it looked like a straightforward hit. Couldn't see the goal-line scramble near the end but look forward to seeing the highlights.

Positives: N'Gog was causing issues, Tansey looked sharper than I expected after coming on, Schalk, Fraser, Naismith and DKD all ran themselves ragged.

Negatives: Poor final pass or decision (there was an opening for N'Gog to play Schalk in but he fumbled about and Hearts cleared), Fontaine looks like he's lacking match time (which we know he is), Fox looks decidedly uncomfortable all the time.

(02-17-2018, 05:13 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Sadly still think we'll get relegated but there are small signs of hope. Good to hear the crowd getting behind the team towards the end.

Yeah I'm not allowing myself to feel any kind of hope yet. I've no doubt Partick would come up here and put 4 past us to end that!

(02-17-2018, 05:13 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: That's a bit harsh. From where I was sitting, Lafferty's kick seemed to go over the wall and right into the corner of the net. Maybe it looked different on the TV.

Agreed that Hearts looked average, but pleased that we seem better than before the transfer window. We moved the ball around quite well but the last pass often went astray.

Sadly still think we'll get relegated but there are small signs of hope. Good to hear the crowd getting behind the team towards the end.

Not harsh at all. Goal keeping error. Fox has cost us a few points this season. However he is still the best choice keeper.

Good result, would have taken that before the game and was delighted to get a point after we went behind.

2 unbeaten now, confidence for the lads especially with coming from behind in this one. I think we have a team that can stay up. There is more than enough time and the league splits of course.

Keep positive and well done all.

The free kick leading to the Hearts goal was a comedy of errors, Souttar misjudging a high ball, jumping then leaving it, Fontaine losing sight of the ball, letting it bounce before having to take the runner down.

Not sure why the disallowed goal was chalked off- if it's offside I honestly can't believe it.

Naisy's goal was very well taken.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.