Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At home against Hearts 17/02/18
The games against St J and Partick in the next two weeks should be our targets to get 6 points from, before considering the Steve Clarke Juggernaut and the Hibees, who I'm not confident of us taking anything from.

(02-18-2018, 01:36 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Killie and Hibs, be very hard to get anything of them with the form they are in.

6 points it is then ;-)

(02-18-2018, 02:21 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: 6 points it is then ;-)

Probably!!

Hopefully!!

Can't understand people saying they're happy with a point. Particularly at home against a team that were no better than average. We're bottom of the league ! We need wins - 3 points.

(02-18-2018, 02:44 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Can't understand people saying they're happy with a point. Particularly at home against a team that were no better than average. We're bottom of the league ! We need wins - 3 points.

I think just a few weeks ago we would have lost this and probably lost horribly. It is all about progress and positive signs we can get out of this mess, which I think this (combined with lasts weeks) result represents. It sounds like we could have won too so was not a lucky draw. Hearts are good, thrashed Celtic not that long ago and will probably be the only team in Scotland to do that likely for some time.

(02-18-2018, 08:12 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: The table does not look pretty reading with results going the way they did. Going to have to win at least two of the next three games to get out of this mess, I reckon.

I was thinking it looked a bit better than before the match? With Dundee beating Partick and hopefully Hamilton getting nothing from Sevco Today it will be progress?

Partick and Hamilton are probably our realistic targets so not sure how results of late could have been any better.

(02-18-2018, 02:50 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: I think just a few weeks ago we would have lost this and probably lost horribly. It is all about progress and positive signs we can get out of this mess, which I think this (combined with lasts weeks) result represents. It sounds like we could have won too so was not a lucky draw. Hearts are good, thrashed Celtic not that long ago and will probably be the only team in Scotland to do that likely for some time.

I was thinking it looked a bit better than before the match? With Dundee beating Partick and hopefully Hamilton getting nothing from Sevco Today it will be progress?

Partick and Hamilton are probably our realistic targets so not sure how results of late could have been any better.
In retrospect, Partick losing has made things look slightly brighter. Those two teams look very isolated, though. Hamilton one up on Rangers. That's not good.

Edit: 1-1. Could do with Rangers scoring five or six.

(02-18-2018, 03:24 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: In retrospect, Partick losing has made things look slightly brighter. Those two teams look very isolated, though. Hamilton one up on Rangers. That's not good.

Edit: 1-1. Could do with Rangers scoring five or six.

It is a funny old game, currently 4-2 I think, unless anyone has scored in the last few seconds. Still under 40min in the first half.

Not sure why on earth Canning has put VFW at centre half. That's a disaster waiting to happen.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Their back 3 getting slated on BBC.

Progress yesterday against a good Hearts team. We really need to be picking up 3 points but we would have lost that match last month.

Still can't see a way back with such an incompetent manager but there's signs of progress if nothing else.

(02-18-2018, 04:08 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Their back 3 getting slated on BBC.

Rangers 5th was a shocking one for Hamilton to lose. Throw in, pass, goal!!
Far too easy. Defending like a team that will soon be bottom of the league :-)

Dam St J got a point at Celtic, was hoping they would start getting dragged in too.

Not a bad week end though.

(02-18-2018, 05:53 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Dam St J got a point at Celtic, was hoping they would start getting dragged in too.

Not a bad week end though.

If we take 3points of them next Saturday, they'll be well in it.
It's all up to us, we can't be relying on any favours, especially from any Scottish refs.
TBH I'd settle for the refs adhering to the rules and getting the big decisions correct.
I'd have more luck in hoping we sign Messi though!

Having just watched sportscene, think we were very unfortunate to not be awarded that goal near the end!

(02-18-2018, 08:11 PM)NVACA Wrote: Having just watched sportscene, think we were very unfortunate to not be awarded that goal near the end!

I agree, how can he be offside when lafferty was goal side of him or does it not count if he's behind the goal line??? Think some of these refs/linesmen just make their own rules up as they go along.

I thought Lafferty's free kick was well struck from the stand but on Sportscene Fox again doesn't do that well, seems to bounce under his hands. Good save to push one onto the post, though.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(02-18-2018, 08:32 PM)Despot Wrote: I thought Lafferty's free kick was well struck from the stand but on Sportscene Fox again doesn't do that well, seems to bounce under his hands. Good save to push one onto the post, though.

Great save, but one he wouldn't have had to make it he commanded his box better. The cross that led to the header came right across him at 4 yards out. Get off your line and collect that cross Foxy, at worst you can punch it!

The 'goal' at the end was yet another decision that's gone against us. I've lost count of the amount of points that poor refereeing has cost us.
If decisions had gone our way, and by the letter of the games laws, we'd be pushing for top 6 rather than trying to scramble of the bottom of the league!
This is the reason I think we can survive this as we're better than our current position and hopefully, with luck, we'll prove this in the next few games! COYS

Information 
When you think about how we were really creating a lot more in the last 20 minutes, that second goal would not have looked undeserved.

The fact Levein said a point was fair underlines that we should really have snatched all 3
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(02-18-2018, 10:21 PM)Les Westander Wrote: When you think about how we were really creating a lot more in the last 20 minutes, that second goal would not have looked undeserved.

The fact Levein said a point was fair underlines that we should really have snatched all 3

Yip. Also the fact the linesman bolted down the tunnel at full time too was very telling!

Regarding the second goal, Lafferty is behind the goal line which means he is classed as off the field of play and no longer can be considered as keeping Shalk onside. Therefore it comes down to the last defender on the ground and whether Shalk was behind in line with him or not which the linesman clearly felt he wasnt.