Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At home against Hearts 17/02/18
(02-17-2018, 05:28 PM)NVACA Wrote: I'm pretty sure the first half has already deleted itself from my brain as it wasn't hugely memorable in any way. From what I do recall I watched Hearts hit the side netting about 100 times.

Second half though, after conceding that free kick (which bounced pretty awkwardly in front of fox but I still think he could do better throughout games) we came to life. Left the stadium a bit disappointed we didn't get the win but if we'd been offered a point before the game I'd probably have taken it. Good goal from Naismith, unfortunate that DKD didn't get his big chance on target because it looked like a straightforward hit. Couldn't see the goal-line scramble near the end but look forward to seeing the highlights.

Positives: N'Gog was causing issues, Tansey looked sharper than I expected after coming on, Schalk, Fraser, Naismith and DKD all ran themselves ragged.

Negatives: Poor final pass or decision (there was an opening for N'Gog to play Schalk in but he fumbled about and Hearts cleared), Fontaine looks like he's lacking match time (which we know he is), Fox looks decidedly uncomfortable all the time.

Yeah I'm not allowing myself to feel any kind of hope yet. I've no doubt Partick would come up here and put 4 past us to end that!

For me best organised disciplined Ross County team I’ve watcged overthbridge in two years sadly black mark for young soutor and Fontaine ,hooe it does not turn out to be the difference from staying up ,
For me best looking Staggie team in two years I enjoyed the game sorry for KKD

the defence looked okay today, unlucky with the goal I thought Cowie's first touch was awful leaving him chasing after the ball. he was on his way down when contact was made imo hence a poor free kick. thought we recovered well and were unlucky to draw.
Craig Thompson had a decent game but was let down badly by his assistant , who was absolutely terrible.I was also very impressed by Tansey. he will probably be a starter when fit

For anyone interested, foreign coverage of the full game was uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRhT2nWrdUc

(02-17-2018, 10:14 PM)NVACA Wrote: For anyone interested, foreign coverage of the full game was uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRhT2nWrdUc

Thanks for the link.

Schalk looks onside, when Dow hits the ball. Goal should have stood IMO

(02-17-2018, 10:45 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Thanks for the link.

Schalk looks onside, when Dow hits the ball. Goal should have stood IMO

Dam, we are not getting much luck at the minute....

Another disallowed goal against Hearts that should have stood.

We potentially could have been above Hamilton with those. :/
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Have to say from that footage, it looks like we've been robbed against Hearts by a refereeing decision again. Wonder what will be said about that on the BBC tomorrow. If those 4 points (from today and the game at tynecastle) turn out to be vital I'll be livid!

(02-17-2018, 11:27 PM)NVACA Wrote: Have to say from that footage, it looks like we've been robbed against Hearts by a refereeing decision again. Wonder what will be said about that on the BBC tomorrow. If those 4 points (from today and the game at tynecastle) turn out to be vital I'll be livid!

Don’t blame the referee, it was that bungling buffoon masquerading as a Linseperson that gave the decision.
He got 95% of the offsides wrong, first half and second half!
Totally out of his depth.
SFA time to act on some of these culprits.

(02-17-2018, 11:41 PM)MOGO Wrote: Don’t blame the referee, it was that bungling buffoon masquerading as a Linseperson that gave the decision.

Definitely! If only he'd kept his mouth shut ay.

You guys/girls sure it was onside? Watched it now several times and I’m not sure. Difficult one for the officials. COYS

Watched the game in the pub earlier. Happy to take a draw before the game, and happy with the draw after the game. For the disallowed goal, I think the ball was all the way across the line, but Schalk's interfering with play from an offside position as it goes over so I think the decision was probably fair enough.

My heavily biased view says onside, but being 100% fair I can understand how the officials made the call they did. All I hope is that by the end of the season we don't miss out on safety by 2 points or less.

Would of been happy with a draw before KO. Big big game now vs out of form St J, hopefully a good support out for thus one

(02-18-2018, 02:19 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Would of been happy with a draw before KO. Big big game now vs out of form St J, hopefully a good support out for thus one

Struggling with this because St Johnstone always take the p*** with ticket prices, want to go, justifying it is another matter!

International Youtube highlights are up. Schalk's definitely offside, and it's inconclusive that all of the ball is over the line. No goal, good piece of officiating, unfortunately.

Not much to say about the Hearts goal. I don't think it's as much of a howler as folk are saying, and Fox made two terrific saves earlier in the game.

The table does not look pretty reading with results going the way they did. Going to have to win at least two of the next three games to get out of this mess, I reckon.

St. Johnstone (A)
Thistle (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
Accies (H)
Celtic (A)

Really have to target Thistle, Accies and St. Johnstone as games we can have to go out and get something from.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(02-18-2018, 10:28 AM)Despot Wrote: St. Johnstone (A)
Thistle (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
Accies (H)
Celtic (A)

Really have to target Thistle, Accies and St. Johnstone as games we can have to go out and get something from.

Our record away to Killie is pretty decent so we can get points there.

Hibs at home after the Celtic game. We've got a good record against them so that's another game we can take something from.

If we play like we have in the last couple of weeks then I truly believe that we'll be OK.

I am happy with the point not the best game in the world but I would have taken a point before the game the way we played yesterday I think we will be fine

Re the offside, I can accept that Lafferty was behind the line when the ball was played (fair enough) but hearts had a player lying on the ground at the back post which surely counts to playing Schalk on?

(02-18-2018, 10:48 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Our record away to Killie is pretty decent so we can get points there.

Hibs at home after the Celtic game. We've got a good record against them so that's another game we can take something from.

If we play like we have in the last couple of weeks then I truly believe that we'll be OK.

Killie and Hibs, be very hard to get anything of them with the form they are in.