Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
[POSTPONED] Home game v Partick ;-)
(03-02-2018, 09:37 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I'll back whoever is the manager at the time as County is my team.

Just to be clear though, never wanted Coyle, thought it was the wrong appointment and unfortunately he was as bad as I thought he would be!

I back Roy as he has made our club one worth discussing on a forum. I was at VP when there was about a dozen fans and a dog there so I've seen the improvement he has contributed to.

I do wish Roy had listened/read my recommendation, about a year ago, to appoint Stevie Clarke as manager!

I'm delighted Ketts has agreed to take the job till the end of the season and like everyone else, would be happy if he decided to extend that. If he doesn't though, I really think Roy should get either Robbie Neilson or Jack Ross onboard.

Young, hungry managers with a real desire to progress in the game. A lot better than older has-beens that are getting employed based on, and in Coyle's case, despite of previous achievements!!

Your sounding like the wife never lets one forget lol

(03-02-2018, 09:47 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Your sounding like the wife never lets one forget lol

Ha ha ha. Got me there.............. I want a divorce!! ;-)

(03-02-2018, 08:05 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: The A9 is fine. All major routes are fine. This is a convenience decision . The replay will not now be a Saturday hence county losing revenue. Ticket holders and season ticket holders may now not be able to make the game. We have had few Saturday games in Dingwall this season.. I think there was an opportunity playing this game tomorrow for something in the most important game of the seasons . There will be plenty bad weather days in Dingwall causing games to be postponed . This isn't one of them. It all comes down to if you want the game on or not.

We have no game on Sat 24th- an international break I think- so wouldn,t that be a posible date for a rearranged fixture. I doubt ourselves or Partick will have players involved in International teams.

(03-03-2018, 08:56 AM)gujeecof Wrote: We have no game on Sat 24th- an international break I think- so wouldn,t that be a posible date for a rearranged fixture. I doubt ourselves or Partick will have players involved in International teams.

There's no domestic games on an international weekend.
This isn't just because of the players, fans are considered too.
I for one follow County and Scotland!

(03-02-2018, 03:42 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Agreed, yet the Aberdeen / Kilmarnock game still appears to be on?

Don't get it,travelling from Kilmarnock to Aberdeen is deemed safer than Glasgow to Dingwall,?
Bit annoying when the pitch is snow free,as is the surrounding area,although I understand the decision,as fans north of Dingwall have been hit with the weather.
It does beggar a question though.
Has an away Ross County match ever been postponed for safety of travelling fans due to weather conditions ?
Hmmmmm

(03-02-2018, 08:05 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: The A9 is fine. All major routes are fine. This is a convenience decision . The replay will not now be a Saturday hence county losing revenue. Ticket holders and season ticket holders may now not be able to make the game. We have had few Saturday games in Dingwall this season.. I think there was an opportunity playing this game tomorrow for something in the most important game of the seasons . There will be plenty bad weather days in Dingwall causing games to be postponed . This isn't one of them. It all comes down to if you want the game on or not.

Don't normally agree with you gadge ,on this one I agree with you on most of it,although it could be a blessing.
Nanny State

(03-03-2018, 11:49 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Don't get it,travelling from Kilmarnock to Aberdeen is deemed safer than Glasgow to Dingwall,?
Bit annoying when the pitch is snow free,as is the surrounding area,although I understand the decision,as fans north  of Dingwall have been hit with the weather.
It does beggar a question though.
Has an away Ross County match ever been postponed  for safety of travelling fans due to weather conditions ?
Hmmmmm

Don't normally agree with you gadge ,on this one  I agree with you on most of it,although it could be a blessing.
Nanny State

I'm sure I'm correct in saying that we had a home game against Hearts called off, on to police advice, due to traveling conditions on the A9 for AWAY fans but on the same day Hibs against ICT was on as normal.

The cancelling/playing of the matches in Scotland today is a split between SPFL and SFA, personally I think the decision to travel should be made by the individual not the police, I mean the police don't shut the Eastgate center in Inverness because of road conditions on the A9, and for good reason too.

(03-02-2018, 08:57 PM)frankthetank Wrote: The significant difference here is actually SPFL matches are off due to police advice, SFA matches are on.  

I really hope all fans get to and from this game safely, the disregard of fans safety by the SFA is quite alarming!

Nailed it
Was about to say questions should be asked of the SFA, but that's a rather evergreen statement
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Let's be honest here, County (and northern fans) suffer from this far more than other clubs. There have been numerous instances where Drummochter has been closed, or at the very least downright dangerous, but County have had to play anyway. I don't think we should be knocking decisions like this merely because we're at home this time. I think the SFA/SPFL should call off more games due to road conditions than they actually do. But the fans are secondary to everything else, unfortunately. Look at the ridiculous schedules in the run up to Christmas and New Year's Eve. Why play more games then?

A ridiculous decision, no doubt made by some Weegie cop in Glasgow from our centralised police force.

There is no snow in Dingwall or Inverness, hasn't been any all week. Was just out for a walk and it was very pleasant. I gather the A9 is open so what's the problem? Let the fans decide if they want to travel.

That rant aside, I'm not sure if the postponement is good or bad for us at this time. Thoughts?

(03-03-2018, 01:38 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: A ridiculous decision, no doubt made by some Weegie cop in Glasgow from our centralised police force.

There is no snow in Dingwall or Inverness, hasn't been any all week. Was just out for a walk and it was very pleasant. I gather the A9 is open so what's the problem? Let the fans decide if they want to travel.

That rant aside, I'm not sure if the postponement is good or bad for us at this time. Thoughts?

Locally there are a lot of fans who wouldn't make the game due to snow drifts. Whilst the A9 is open the side roads aren't.

(03-03-2018, 01:38 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: A ridiculous decision, no doubt made by some Weegie cop in Glasgow from our centralised police force.

There's a foot and a half of snow out Tain way, in places.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I remember the Rangers game at the start of December when there was lots of snow here and all the way down the A9. A9 worse that day than it is now and we still had to travel.

Every training session is crucial now for Fergie & Ketts, the more time they have to prepare the better the chances they'll make an impact. This postponement surely helps the cause.

A little distraction for Killie next week too hopefully, with their replay on the Tuesday after it against Aberdeen.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(03-03-2018, 07:15 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Every training session is crucial now for Fergie & Ketts, the more time they have to prepare the better the chances they'll make an impact. This postponement surely helps the cause.

My thought was that it also gives Patrick the opportunity to get their act together. There form was arguably worse than ours going into this match.

(03-03-2018, 12:45 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm sure I'm correct in saying that we had a home game against Hearts called off, on to police advice, due to traveling conditions on the A9 for AWAY fans but on the same day Hibs against ICT was on as normal.

The cancelling/playing of the matches in Scotland today is a split between SPFL and SFA, personally I think the decision to travel should be made by the individual not the police, I mean the police don't shut the Eastgate center in Inverness because of road conditions on the A9, and for good reason too.

Don't remember that ,would not have made sense,but I think you are agreeing with me.
Your point about Eastgate is spot on,if my wife and I wanted to go to IKEA in Edinburgh or Glasgow, if gates are open why not?

Hmm,would the players have got a lift from Coyle going ,or would we be in disarray?
I think Partick were nervous about coming up,and they hadn't trained due to the weather,.
I think the decision will be bad for us,hope I'm wrong

if my wife and I wanted to go to IKEA in Edinburgh or Glasgow, if gates are open why not?

What kind of bloke goes to ikea willingly?

Hell no........

(03-03-2018, 09:27 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: if my wife and I wanted to go to IKEA in Edinburgh or Glasgow, if gates are open why not?

Hell no........

Lol, Sometimes you have to pretend it's a good idea of the other halfs!

Yeah, Patrick would have been oh so worried about coming to Dingwall. Wake up and smell the coffee. We’re bottom for a reason ... we’be been awful this season, home and away. Ultimate gamble taken by Roy and the odds are stacked heavily against us. We have a squad consisting of JM’s boys and OC’s boys who were brought in to replace JM’s boys as they were deemed superior. Got to be rivalries and factions within our squad. Can only hope Ketts can somehow unite this squad. Good luck Ketts and Fergie!

(03-03-2018, 09:27 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: if my wife and I wanted to go to IKEA in Edinburgh or Glasgow, if gates are open why not?

Hell no........

I would pray the A9 was closed, regardless of time of year.