Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
[POSTPONED] Home game v Partick ;-)
This game has been changed from midweek, 28th February, to the Saturday 3rd March.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/date-change...ss-county/

Really important game so moving it to the Saturday is good reckon. Get more staggies in to hopefully cheer us on to 3pts.

Was it changed so Sponge Bob could come?

Sorry, I’ll get my coat....

Thumbs Up 
(02-12-2018, 09:21 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: This game has been changed from midweek, 28th February, to the Saturday 3rd March.

Really important game so moving it to the Saturday is good reckon. Get more staggies in to hopefully cheer us on to 3pts.

A very welcome outbreak of sensibleness
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(02-12-2018, 09:21 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: This game has been changed from midweek, 28th February, to the Saturday 3rd March.

At least it hasn't been moved to 17th March, (St.Patrick's Day..).

Good decision to move to the Sat
Supporter Liaison Officer 

There are still  30 points to play for, but this game is massive, win and we're off bottom.

I'd be happy to see Davies come back in, we sorely lacked any leadership yesterday.

ETA - only if fit and ready obviously, not the Davies of recent games.

Massive game now and not confident after yesterday’s debacle :O(

With yesterday's performance it would appear that the Highland derbies will be back next season, and it won't be because ICT get promoted.

Worst game I have been to in a while, we'd lost plenty before yesterday but not as badly as this one.

Honestly think if we don't beat Partick we're gone.

Absolutely massive game.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

As Stuart Taylor rightly says win on Saturday & we are off the bottom. They beat us on the last game of 2017 to cut us adrift at the bottom. This is a big chance to return the favour. Can the Ross County team that played so well at Dundee in our 4.1 win please turn up on Saturday. If we lose this one I fear the worst. Mon the Staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Can we all actually try to get behind the team for 90 minutes please? No matter what is happening on the pitch. Yelling abuse at players when they make a mistake or pass it backwards, or don't hump it forwards quickly enough does not help anyone (except Partick Thistle). Nervousness in the stands very quickly transmits itself to players on the pitch.

The team might be poor - that does not mean that the supporters need to be as well.

(02-26-2018, 12:27 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: Can we all actually try to get behind the team for 90 minutes please? No matter what is happening on the pitch. Yelling abuse at players when they make a mistake or pass it backwards, or don't hump it forwards quickly enough does not help anyone (except Partick Thistle). Nervousness in the stands very quickly transmits itself to players on the pitch.

The team might be poor - that does not mean that the supporters need to be as well.

Completely agree at game time we should all be together

I want us to win on Saturday as much as anyone but on that showing so many things need to change.
We need to teach our players basics like not to ball watch,
the other team play in different colours and you should at least try not to pass the ball to them,
try and move when your players have the ball to allow the player with the ball to pass it along the ground,
not to play high balls to forwards that are 6 inches shorter that the defenders of the other teams,
if there is a pass you can make going forward do not play it backwards to the keeper who only kicks it to the other team,
I am sure there are other basics but this on Saturday's showing is where we are at.

(02-26-2018, 10:42 AM)edinburghexile Wrote: I want us to win on Saturday as much as anyone but on that showing so many things need to change.
We need to teach our players basics like not to ball watch,
the other team play in different colours and you should at least try not to pass the ball to them,
try and move when your players have the ball to allow the player with the ball to pass it along the ground,
not to play high balls to forwards that are 6 inches shorter that the defenders of the other teams,
if there is a pass you can make going forward do not play it backwards to the keeper who only kicks it to the other team,
I am sure there are other basics but this on Saturday's showing is where we are at.

I shall return my season ticket if we get beaten on Saturday and never darken Viccy Park again. The discussion here is about basic football skills and techniques. I mean if we lose to "Patrick" it will be sooooo embarrassing. He must be a really good footballer. Go on guys and girls reread the title of this thread!!!! Jaimiepscot the grammar police are calling in the spelling squad. You'll do time for this.......extra time.

(02-26-2018, 02:11 PM)the reaper Wrote: I shall return my season ticket if we get beaten on Saturday and never darken Viccy Park again. The discussion here is about basic football skills and techniques. I mean if we lose to "Patrick" it will be sooooo embarrassing. He must be a really good footballer. Go on guys and girls reread the title of this thread!!!! Jaimiepscot the grammar police are calling in the spelling squad. You'll do time for this.......extra time.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Feel free to have a shot at some of these posters though!

I did not see the game on Saturday and the lowlights on television possibly show us in a worse light than we were, but according to the comments from the guys who were there, they seem to be a fair reflection.

It appears we are unable to adhere to any of the basics, such as

Think
Move
Don’t hit continuous high balls when the opposition are lapping them up
Don’t head back to your keeper without looking around you first
Do play out from the back whenever possible
Don’t stand like statues when we have a throw in
Don’t stand like statues when they have a throw in
Tackle
Don’t stand shaking your head (JOB) when you could be helping
Don’t give your teammates reason to shake their heads
If you can’t or are not willing to give 100% for the club - call off sick
Listen to the leader on the Park - whenever there is one
Don’t Pratt about with the ball inside your own box
Think before you pass
Play as if premiership survival depends on it - because it does

I’m sure Owen and Sandy have told them all this .........mmmmm

To try and fail is not the end - but not to try is indefensible.

The support from the top of this club is momentous, we have a great club in so so many ways, I just hope the team and the manager can soak all that emotion up and kick on.

All we can do as supporters is give the guys a clean slate to start from on Saturday and hope that the football gods are with us for the remainder of the season.

(02-26-2018, 04:22 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: I did not see the game on Saturday and the lowlights on television possibly show us in a worse light than we were, but according to the comments from the guys who were there, they seem to be a fair reflection.

It appears we are unable to adhere to any of the basics, such as

Think
Move
Don’t hit continuous high balls when the opposition are lapping them up
Don’t head back to your keeper without looking around you first
Do play out from the back whenever possible
Don’t stand like statues when we have a throw in
Don’t stand like statues when they have a throw in
Tackle
Don’t stand shaking your head (JOB) when you could be helping
Don’t give your teammates reason to shake their heads
If you can’t or are not willing to give 100% for the club - call off sick
Listen to the leader on the Park - whenever there is one
Don’t Pratt about with the ball inside your own box
Think before you pass
Play as if premiership survival depends on it - because it does

I’m sure Owen and Sandy have told them all this .........mmmmm

To try and fail is not the end - but not to try is indefensible.

The support from the top of this club is momentous, we have a great club in so so many ways, I just hope the team and the manager can soak all that emotion up and kick on.

All we can do as supporters is give the guys a clean slate to start from on Saturday and hope that the football gods are with us for the remainder of the season.

Great post - hit the nail squarely on the head!

(02-25-2018, 09:55 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: There are still  30 points to play for, but this game is massive, win and we're off bottom.

I'd be happy to see Davies come back in, we sorely lacked any leadership yesterday.

ETA - only if fit and ready obviously, not the Davies of recent games.

Can’t get my head round why we are not getting Steven Ferguson and Ketts in volved they know who needs asked and those who need told and those who want to play

(02-26-2018, 12:27 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: Can we all actually try to get behind the team for 90 minutes please? No matter what is happening on the pitch. Yelling abuse at players when they make a mistake or pass it backwards, or don't hump it forwards quickly enough does not help anyone (except Partick Thistle). Nervousness in the stands very quickly transmits itself to players on the pitch.

Well said fellow staggie. If possible would it not be a good idea to show our support for OUR team by all holding aloft our scarves in unison as the boys take the field. Just a wee gesture to show how much we are all together in this situation we are all in.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(02-26-2018, 08:43 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Can’t get my head round why we are not getting Steven Ferguson and Ketts in volved they know who needs asked and those who need told and those who want to play

I really wish you would. They've already said they don't want it!

Also, youth/development players will not get us out of our current predicament!

Get behind the team, it's the only thing fans can do to help our current situation.

I didn't want Coyle, you did.

It's ironic that I'm willing to support him and you don't.

Love football!!!