Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Supporters Buses.
(02-02-2018, 02:21 PM)gujeecof Wrote: What is being forgotten is that these stops in Perth are not just for the supporters but to allow the driver get break time on his tachograph which is a legal requirement. I go to several away games each season and I enjoy the stops as you get a chance to socialize with others on the bus. I have seldom heard any complaints other than trips where the bus has had problems or there has been traffic problems on route

To be fair the original poster had raised this about trips within 4 hours of Dingwall, those which may not require a stop for the driver.

Don't think this thread was intended as an attack on anyone but to encourage debate. The point about prolonged stops could have been put better but there's a lot of more infrequent passengers will see where they're coming from.

(02-02-2018, 01:31 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: The poster raises a valid point, so I don't what you're attacking them for. Leaving 6 hours before an away match in Dundee is quite frankly ridiculous and hardly persuades families with children to make the trip. One of my caley mates said their bus left at 10:45am, and still got there prior to 2pm!

I have simply asked a question.

(02-02-2018, 10:32 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: That's a lot of things to have an agenda over. Maybe, just maybe, sitting bottom of the league means that not everything at the club is perfect?

I'm afraid to say that we have a fan base of happy clappers.

And, FWIW, I don't quite recall saying anything negative regarding McGregor. I heard on a national broadcaster that he could be resigning, and asked the question here without any viewpoint whatsoever...nor have I commented in a negative way about McGregor in the past, other than that he made a poor managerial choice.

I can't quite see how that's an agenda against McGregor, but, hey, why let facts get in the way of making me out to be the bad guy?

Apart from your mask slipping, your nose is growing.
Remember this statement?
Apparently, it was on BBC Scotland tonight during the match, although I am yet to hear it.”
Yes, you wrote that 2 nights back.
Tut-tut.

(02-02-2018, 09:19 PM)MOGO Wrote: Apart from your mask slipping, your nose is growing.
Remember this statement?
Apparently, it was on BBC Scotland tonight during the match, although I am yet to hear it.”
Tut-tut.

I heard that on the radio as well- it was Chick Young who when pressed made like he'd never said it.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(02-02-2018, 12:36 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Only thinking of myself here, but what do others think about the leaving time and stopping on the way back..

I'm going by car and leaving at nine. I like to get down in good time in case of any problems on the road,have a relaxed lunch ,then go to the game.

(02-02-2018, 09:19 PM)MOGO Wrote: Apart from your mask slipping, your nose is growing.
Remember this statement?
Tut-tut.

Don't worry about him, he's taking a little enforced time-out at the moment.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(02-02-2018, 11:02 PM)Spain Wrote: Don't worry about him, he's taking a little enforced time-out at the moment.

If only we all could.

Being an added 45min away from dingwall anyway, getting the supporters bus would mean being up early anyway. If it was possible, perhaps 2 busses could run but doubt the numbers would be enough for it. An early bus for those who’d rather make a few pubs stops have a few cans on the bus. And a second bus that leaves later for those who’d rather just get straight to the game and straight back. Again however, numbers probably make that hard but might bring in some more interest.

I normally travel most weeks and most people enjoy the stop in Perth on 5he way down yes I will admit that sometimes it’s too long because I’d like to have a pint in other Supporters clubs and as for the stop on the way back we need to stop for dinner and for those who want to can go and have a pint