Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Aberdeen- 31/1/2018
(02-01-2018, 01:33 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: First goal, OG for Fontaine. Third goal, Souttar caught hopelessly out of position. Tim Chow the last man for the penalty. But yeah, it's all Scott Fox and we have the best defensive partnership in the league.

I didn't say it was all Scott Fox, it was an example to counter your generalisation that since we lost 4 goals, our centre backs must be terrible. We didn't defend as a team, there were far more issues than the CBs .

Schalk must start on Sat! End of story! He shows desire and commitment to the team and knows what it means to the fans!

Is Draper part of a master plan with ICT to send us down?!

(01-31-2018, 11:46 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Ironic that we lose 4 goals and yet Fontaine and Souttar looked good. Effiong doesn't look like he can jump or head the ball, as well as being easily pushed around for a big guy. Gardyne and Naismith work a lot better together than Eagles and Naismith. Our midfield is overrun every game. Fox, as a professional goalkeeper, should be ashamed of himself. Schalk is easily our man most likely to score. Curran tries hard.
Coyle appears to be an unlucky manager as well as a poor one. Maybe his luck will take a turn for the better but his managerial expertise won't. Why oh why did we take him on?
On another thread someone asked what makes a genuine supporter. All of us there tonight for sure. Who else would spend their money shivering on a cold, snowy evening in January watching their team being hammered. Crowds are going to get smaller before the season's out unless we see better performances and more fight. (Schalk's 2 late goals flattered us. )

This

(01-31-2018, 11:16 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: In my opinion, Schalk gives us the graft, pace and movement that Curran does, but is a more natural, predatory striker in and around the box. I've thought he's the best forward we had after Boyce left, we should be tailoring our game around his strengths, rather than an endless long ball game, or playing big, physical forwards, without the pacy wide players to give them the service they require.

I agree on most of your points,but Curran does not give us pace.

(02-01-2018, 08:07 AM)tattiedave Wrote: I agree on most of your points,but Curran does not give us pace.

This is true, might start actually reading my posts before I hit 'go' on them, stop the inadvertent spread of #fakenews

I haven't seen Effiong in the flesh yet, but it seems a bizarre, bizarre signing. Would we have been as well keeping Mikkelsen? At least he scored a couple.

(02-01-2018, 02:00 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Thirty seconds per goal? Haven't heard that. Two of our subs came on at half time,so no added time for that. No injuries, 4 subs,so two mins correct.
I was just glad that's all there was!

What did Draper do wrong?only midfielder I could see ,all others hiding. The usual, pick one player and slaughtered him no matter what. Even heard one fan shouting at Draper when Chow lost possesion.

Draper was caught in posession multiple times, made some terrible passes ( mis placed and put players around him in danger), didn't track back to help his defence, couldn't get forward enough to support his front man/men, need I go on?
What was his role against Gers or Dons? Damned if I know what he was set up to do, or what he actually did...
He isn't the only shirker, but he stands out for me - he was supposed to be our big asset when he was taken in - singularly failed to do so in my opinion.

KD was out of his depth tonight.

(02-01-2018, 02:00 AM)tattiedave Wrote: KD was out of his depth tonight.

There's been a few on here crying out to see the youngsters taken out of their nurturing environment and thrown into the lion's den.

If KD is out of his depth Draper certainly is as well.

(02-01-2018, 08:20 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I haven't seen Effiong in the flesh yet, but it seems a bizarre, bizarre signing. Would we have been as well keeping Mikkelsen? At least he scored a couple.

Close your eyes and think of Arquin and you're almost there.

What was the general feeling/mood in the ground last night? Especially when it was 3/4-0? Boos? Chanting for Coyle out? Silence?

(02-01-2018, 09:48 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: What was the general feeling/mood in the ground last night? Especially when it was 3/4-0? Boos? Chanting for Coyle out? Silence?

There were boos at half time. TBH a huge exodus after the 4th went in, so not many would have seen Schalks double.

Silence at FT, didnt hear any boos then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42798953

Highlights up for the sicko's amongst us.

(02-01-2018, 08:20 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I haven't seen Effiong in the flesh yet, but it seems a bizarre, bizarre signing. Would we have been as well keeping Mikkelsen? At least he scored a couple.

Yes, we let Mikkelsen go. An experienced striker, who got few chances to show what he could do and we buy someone from nowhere who clearly isn't up to scratch. There is no logic to that at all. Bizarre is one word and pathetic is another.
Maybe he'll come good - he's got an 18 month contract!

I think the plan was to replace Mickelsen with a target man, with the knowledge that N'Gog wasn't immediately fit we went for someone more raw who could be back-up once N'Gog was fit.
Hopefully Effiong is a rough diamond, and he's not been helped by the lack of service and belief around the team just now, but his technique and movement need a lot of work (a bit reminiscent of Curran when he arrived).

(02-01-2018, 09:42 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Close your eyes and think of Arquin and you're almost there.

Arquin was a terrific player for his first few months.  If Effiong has his ability plus a bit more focus, he'll come good.

(02-01-2018, 11:45 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: If Effiong has his ability plus a bit more focus, he'll come good.

I'm assuming you didn't see the game last night. Seldom have I seen a player so off the pace and with such a poor first touch. Coupled by the fact he cant seem to jump... at all. His feet literally did not leave the ground!

(02-01-2018, 09:50 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: There were boos at half time. TBH a huge exodus after the 4th went in, so not many would have seen Schalks double.

Silence at FT, didnt hear any boos then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42798953

Highlights up for the sicko's amongst us.

Boos are HT justified. 3-0 down to any team at HT isn’t good enough.

absolutely Effiong looked clueless - am not sure what he was being asked to do but he really didn't seem to have much of anything in terms of holding the boll, creating space for others - at least Curran offers a bit of that plus his effort.

Wasn't surprised he was pulled but was a bit about eagles who I think could have played more centrally in the role Dow was given and that might have allowed N'Gog and School on for the last half hour which might have led us to 4-3 and a nice end to game!

(02-01-2018, 11:45 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Arquin was a terrific player for his first few months.  If Effiong has his ability plus a bit more focus, he'll come good.

Have toa gres I really liked Arquin - think Adams got the best out of him and for me he could be a really effective player - change of manager (and one that didn't seem to get him seemed to me to him throwing in the towel similar a bit to what i think happened with Carey though less quickly

(02-01-2018, 02:00 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Thirty seconds per goal? Haven't heard that. Two of our subs came on at half time,so no added time for that. No injuries, 4 subs,so two mins correct.
I was just glad that's all there was!

What did Draper do wrong?only midfielder I could see ,all others hiding. The usual, pick one player and slaughtered him no matter what. Even heard one fan shouting at Draper when Chow lost possesion.

KD was out of his depth tonight.

He was one of the best of a bad bunch by far. Far too many more ‘experienced’ players falling to bits.

Were you at the game?