Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Aberdeen- 31/1/2018
He'll probably transfer him before midnight as being surplus to requirements!

Because our playing style of "aimless long balls from the back" doesn't work for Schalk, Or Curran. But we persist with it.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(01-31-2018, 10:16 PM)Pefferside Wrote: Total embarrassment. Mr MacGregor has to put his hands up & admit that he has made a major error. Get Steve Ferguson in right away.

I never liked Macintyre and was happy when he was shown the door was not to sure about Coyle but was willing to wait and see but tonight was the final straw in all of my 62 years I have never left Vic park as I did tonight with 25 min still to play angry and embarrassed comes nowhere near describing how I feel coyle has go to tonight

(01-31-2018, 10:36 PM)Despot Wrote: Because our playing style of "aimless long balls from the back" doesn't work for Schalk, Or Curran. But we persist with it.

Worked for Schalks second! Also, Fox needs to stop being caught in possession, with the ball at his feet, and losing goals because of it twice in a season is pretty unforgivable!

Funny how we played better with the wee guys who look like they want to take it on. Schalk has speed. What is our third choice keeper like?

Just out of interest, only 2 mins injury time added? I thought the general unwritten rule' was 30 seconds per substitution and per goal. Given that there was a combined total of 12 goals/subs, there's 6 minutes. Then actual stoppages....not saying it would of made a big difference but 2 mins seems very little time to me.

When is coyle going to accept that shalk should be in the starting line up???? How many times have we seen him come on and change the tone of the game/ score some goals??

In my opinion, Schalk gives us the graft, pace and movement that Curran does, but is a more natural, predatory striker in and around the box. I've thought he's the best forward we had after Boyce left, we should be tailoring our game around his strengths, rather than an endless long ball game, or playing big, physical forwards, without the pacy wide players to give them the service they require.

Well here's my take on tonight's game...

Effiong looks very average and has a woeful first touch. He doesn't look fit either, and for me should be well down the pecking order. However Souttar and Fontaine look like a very promising central pairing.

Silly mistakes are costing us all over the park. Tonight it was Fox, last Sunday it was Draper. We desperately need more composure and a back to basics mentality.

The last 15 minutes were quite entertaining. Schalk deserves to start on Saturday. I noticed the XI we finished with at full time (excluding the CBs) had all played together in last years team. Familiarity breeds success, or pure coincidence it was our best spell of the game..?

First time I have seen our new cardboard cut out, Effiong. Must have some agent.

Draper should never pull on a County shirt again...in fact he should never pull on any teams shirt again. Just a horror show all game.
All in all apart from that ten minute spell, we were well in the game. And another howler from Fox....

Its a hard slog now....but still hopeful...

Started brightly, but it rapidly went downhill with 3 goals conceded in the blink of an eye. The manner in which we lost the fourth goal was the icing on the cake.
I dont like to criticise the team, but for me that was simply awful to watch for long periods tonight.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Ironic that we lose 4 goals and yet Fontaine and Souttar looked good. Effiong doesn't look like he can jump or head the ball, as well as being easily pushed around for a big guy. Gardyne and Naismith work a lot better together than Eagles and Naismith. Our midfield is overrun every game. Fox, as a professional goalkeeper, should be ashamed of himself. Schalk is easily our man most likely to score. Curran tries hard.
Coyle appears to be an unlucky manager as well as a poor one. Maybe his luck will take a turn for the better but his managerial expertise won't. Why oh why did we take him on?
On another thread someone asked what makes a genuine supporter. All of us there tonight for sure. Who else would spend their money shivering on a cold, snowy evening in January watching their team being hammered. Crowds are going to get smaller before the season's out unless we see better performances and more fight. (Schalk's 2 late goals flattered us. )

Despite a bright opening few minutes I think Coyle got it totally wrong going with the 2 up front. 45 minutes was enough to tell me Effiong was too raw for tonight and was getting talked through his time on the pitch, we had better attacking options on the bench.
The problem is the midfield though, it's always the midfield. Again no O'Brien there and it was non existent.

It might sound mental but on the back of tonight's performance I came away thinking that's the best centre half pairing we've got, and it's the first time they've clapped eyes on each other. Souttar is certainly one to watch. Problem is can the rest of the signings come into the side and hit the ground running? What little we saw of N'Gog on Sunday he was a cut above, but we can't afford to have anyone who can provide the quality we sorely lack on the bench.

Coyle's hundred miles a minute post match interview on the radio on the way home hardly filled me with confidence. I think he's brought in at least 3 players who are better than what we already had, the others we'll have to see over the next few weeks. But when we're still bringing in the likes of Dow in the likes of tonight's game I'm wondering what McIntyre and Coyle are seeing in some of these guys am not, given who else is available to them.

FWIW straight after Fox's howler I spotted someone immediately blame Coyle.
Staggiesawayfromhome wears a bunnet.

Efiong offered nothing tonight. Just a big lump. Draper wasn’t much better. He’s fine with 3 in the middle as he can float around a bit but when he’s only 1 of 2 playing centrally it’s horrendous.

Nobody wants to take the ball down and play it, except for KD and Souttar. I thought Souttar was impressive.

We need that little bit of creativity and calmness in the middle of the park, someone who can dictate play. This has been the problem for a while, pretty much since Jackson left.

Effiong looking more and more like the new....

*shudder*

Dyron Daal

(01-31-2018, 11:27 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Well here's my take on tonight's game...

Effiong looks very average and has a woeful first touch. He doesn't look fit either, and for me should be well down the pecking order. However Souttar and Fontaine look like a very promising central pairing.

Silly mistakes are costing us all over the park. Tonight it was Fox, last Sunday it was Draper. We desperately need more composure and a back to basics mentality.

The last 15 minutes were quite entertaining. Schalk deserves to start on Saturday. I noticed the XI we finished with at full time (excluding the CBs) had all played together in last years team. Familiarity breeds success, or pure coincidence it was our best spell of the game..?

"A very promising centre half pairing" - No wonder we're heading down if you think conceding 4 goals at home is "promising".

"Silly mistakes are costing us" - We were 3-0 down when that happened and well and truly beaten. .

(02-01-2018, 12:52 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: "A very promising centre half pairing" - No wonder we're heading down if you think conceding 4 goals at home is "promising".

"Silly mistakes are costing us" - We were 3-0 down when that happened and well and truly beaten. .

Jesus wept, how can the centre halves be blamed for Fox being caught with the ball at his feet *again*. its not as black and white as 'we lost 4 goals, therefore our CBS are terrible'. Draper looked awful, and in no way shielded the back 4, we had a natural RB playing at LB and a keeper that thinks he's Cruyff. The look of Fotaine and Souttar together was one of the few bright spots tonight.

(02-01-2018, 12:58 AM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Jesus wept, how can the centre halves be blamed for Fox being caught with the ball at his feet *again*. its not as black and white as 'we lost 4 goals, therefore our CBS are terrible'. Draper looked awful, and in no way shielded the back 4, we had a natural RB playing at LB and a keeper that thinks he's Cruyff. The look of Fotaine and Souttar together was one of the few bright spots tonight.

First goal, OG for Fontaine. Third goal, Souttar caught hopelessly out of position. Tim Chow the last man for the penalty. But yeah, it's all Scott Fox and we have the best defensive partnership in the league.

(01-31-2018, 10:52 PM)Stag82 Wrote: Just out of interest, only 2 mins injury time added? I thought the general unwritten rule' was 30 seconds per substitution and per goal. Given that there was a combined total of 12 goals/subs, there's 6 minutes. Then actual stoppages....not saying it would of made a big difference but 2 mins seems very little time to me.

Thirty seconds per goal? Haven't heard that. Two of our subs came on at half time,so no added time for that. No injuries, 4 subs,so two mins correct.
I was just glad that's all there was!

(01-31-2018, 11:33 PM)VENISON Wrote: Draper should never pull on a County shirt again...in fact he should never pull on any teams shirt again. Just a horror show all game.
All in all apart from that ten minute spell, we were well in the game. And another howler from Fox....

Its a hard slog now....but still hopeful...

What did Draper do wrong?only midfielder I could see ,all others hiding. The usual, pick one player and slaughtered him no matter what. Even heard one fan shouting at Draper when Chow lost possesion.

(02-01-2018, 12:16 AM)Iker Wrote: Efiong offered nothing tonight. Just a big lump. Draper wasn’t much better. He’s fine with 3 in the middle as he can float around a bit but when he’s only 1 of 2 playing centrally it’s horrendous.

Nobody wants to take the ball down and play it, except for KD and Souttar. I thought Souttar was impressive.

We need that little bit of creativity and calmness in the middle of the park, someone who can dictate play. This has been the problem for a while, pretty much since Jackson left.

KD was out of his depth tonight.