Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Aberdeen- 31/1/2018
We've the small matter of a game tomorrow night! Think it kind of defeats the purpose of the winter break when there is so many midweek games each side of it but anyway!

I've 2 thoughts about this game- we're gonna get hammered or it's going to kick start our season. Hope its the latter. Don't know who's going to be fit or not but hope Schalk gets a start. Think we need to be starting 2 up top now as we need to start winning games but in saying that, a point here could be the boost of confidence we need.

Tough times but we've got out of this before

Well Routis is out injured, potentially long-term according to OC and the BBC. Wonder how we are going to line up for this one, given half the squad appear to be unwell too!

Will there be tickets avaliable for all home stands on the night, not quite sure if I can make it or not so no point phoning up in the morning to reserve any.

(01-30-2018, 07:51 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Will there be tickets avaliable for all home stands on the night, not quite sure if I can make it or not so no point phoning up in the morning to reserve any.

Aye

Its a blue moon tomorrow night.

(01-30-2018, 07:51 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Will there be tickets avaliable for all home stands on the night, not quite sure if I can make it or not so no point phoning up in the morning to reserve any.

Yes tickets will be on sale for both home and away fans right up until KO

(01-30-2018, 07:34 PM)NVACA Wrote: Well Routis is out injured, potentially long-term according to OC and the BBC. Wonder how we are going to line up for this one, given half the squad appear to be unwell too!

Hearing Jim O’Brien May also be missing tomorrow night
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-30-2018, 08:28 PM)kenthehood Wrote: Its a blue moon tomorrow night.

As far as I'm aware that only happens once in a blue moon.

I guess with injuries and illness it’s a bit of a lottery for tomorrow night.
I would expect to see the same defence but would prefer to see Fraser moved to left back as we were open there on Saturday again. To be fair there was little protection from left mid field and this must be addressed.

I would love to see any sort of movement during throw ins as currently the cunning ploy is to throw it down the wing to anyone who is there, irrespective of whether they are marked by 1 or even 2 opponents. Otherwise we should save time by cutting out the middle man and just throw it to the opponents direct.

There was absolutely no structure in mid field especially during first half on Saturday and we just returned to the old answer of hump it up to Craig irrespective of whether he is marked by 1 or 2 opponents. This has not changed all season under either manager. It is totally frustrating to watch match after match and must be soul destroying for Curran who works so hard but can cut no ice. We have now got two big centres surely we must start at least one of them (n gog) tomorrow night and also give him the support Curran has not had. Perhaps play Craig alongside him as given the proper chance he is probably our best scorer.

Surely with better organisation throughout the team we have the players to pull us through, I just worry that the manager might not be up to it ....I sincerely hope he will start allaying these fears tomorrow night. He has to step up to the plate and take things by the scruff of the neck. There is no time to lose.

(01-30-2018, 09:45 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: As far as I'm aware that only happens once in a blue moon.

exactly, and probably the last time Billy Mckay scored a goal

3 points would be huge tonight with Hamilton and Thistle not playing. Hopefully Ngog starts

Two years ago today we faced Celtic at Hampden in the semi final of the league cup. It was a wet day, much like today in fact, and tonight like the team that day we go into a game where we are very much the underdogs.

I didnt expect a result against Celtic, but we got one. Owen if you happen to read this get the team fired up and see if you can create your own bit of history like the team did that day.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Not quite sure that getting 3 points against Aberdeen would create history like the semi-final against Celtic but I get where you're coming from.

Anyway, I hope we play 2 strikers and that the midfield players have been practising passing the ball to each other and in a forward direction.

Even though I'm not a fan of OC, you have to feel sorry for the guy on Sunday when your goalkeeper makes a complete hash of a regulation shot from distance and then one of your players under no pressure whatsoever passes to their striker to score.

Let's hope tonight we play with passion, determination and score more goals than Aberdeen.

Haven't a clue what the line-up will be. IMHO we have 2 footballers in defence - Fraser and Naismith - ( hopefully Souttar will be also ), Midge maybe still can be, and all the rest are much of a muchness. I feel sorry for the forwards as they get so few chances.

On Sunday we looked nervous and as the season goes on that's going to be more of a problem I think if we're still languishing at the bottom.

It's 2 years to the day since the semi-final v Celtic. Let's hope for a stirring performance with N'gog starting...

Speaking of the Celtic game, I'm hoping GMS doesn't score in the opening seconds after a defensive howler.
Actually, just looked up the match report and this sentence stood out:

"This time last year, they were rock bottom of the Premiership, six points adrift."

So we were in this position 3 years ago today and survived.

And 2 years ago we beat (10-man... ssshhh...) Celtic at Hampden in a semifinal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35394239

Mon the staggies 3points please. All fingers & toes crossed.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Only difference was that we had Martin woods for the semi against Celtic.... he was a very marmite sort of player... personally I loved him thought he always had a quality pass in him to set up the forwards,exactly what we are missing at the moment ,hopefully tansey can fill that role when fit

Zero enthusiasm for this tonight. Does anyone have any words of encouragement for me?

Fontaine getting a quick debut, Melbourne on the bench, presumably Fraser at LB. After everyone saying they'd like to see Gardyne on the other side, we get Eagles and DKD with Midge on the bench. Also, the ineffectual Effiong starting up front with Curran, N'Gog on the bench.

Oh, and Fox back in goals!

I'm convinced Aberdeen's centre halves like having big lads around them, will see how Effiong does.

Can't make the game tonight, still at work.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Effiong could be alright with a partner.
I like that lineup, given whos available.