Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DUNDEE AWAY - Saturday 3rd Feb - SUPPORTERS BUS
Another brace for Schalk, hopefully Coyle will realise now!

4 :-)

Fingers crossed we have now turned the corner and can kick on up the table

We had as many shots on target as they had in total. More of that please! Will be interesting to hear from those at the game what's made the difference.

(02-03-2018, 05:53 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: We had as many shots on target as they had in total. More of that please! Will be interesting to hear from those at the game what's made the difference.

I'd say N'gog and Schalk up front! We've been crying out for it.

Also having the same keeper/defense for two games in a row must help!

Staggies staying up staying up

Well done to those that travelled

How did Fraser get on at LB?

Will someone waken me up am dreaming NO AM NOT GET IN THERE LADS LOL Well done County

I'm a very happy happy clapper tonight!

(02-03-2018, 06:27 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: How did Fraser get on at LB?

More importantly, how did Kait look?

Considering how poor we have been of late and our league position I thought if we got a draw today I would be happy, but to get all 3 points and come away with an emphatic victory is brilliant and totally unexpected. It has been a long time since I have looked forward to watching sportscene on a sunday!
What looked like a dire situation after wednesdays defeat doesnt seem so bad now. A very long way to go and one win doesnt mean we are now world beaters, but there does appear to be a chink of light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Well done to the team and manager.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

KD was superb today looked like he got a bad smack on the nose earlier, glad he didn't go off. Showed a lot off passion, and Schalk was also superb. Ngog showing promise,hold up play good..
. Thought the worst when they levelled,, we are rattled for the first time in game,the Schalk cashed in on a mistake and we never looked back.
Look out for the first and third goals, superb.

Would it be possible to get your opinion about Mattias Kait? Was he good?

Kait stuck to his role. Didn't feel he had a significant impact in the first half as he was quite deep but didn't do anything wrong. We contained Dundee effectively though.
His pass for the 3rd was sublime.

Young and straight into the team, he can only get better.

That was unexpected. Few thoughts:
-Schalk & Ngog upfront were excellent, along with DKD they were the standouts today. Ngog is pure class on the ball- shanked one presentable chance in the 1st half but really strong and good on the ball apart from that. Had one particularly sublime turn by the touchline around halfway midway through the 2nd half. There's probably still a bit more to come from him in terms of match sharpness, too
-Was really impressed with Kait, who played in CM with Routis with JOB in a slightly tucked-in right midfield role. Played a peach of a pass to set DKD away for the 3rd goal- I believe the word the kids use today is "baller"
- Fontaine is proper old-school. Loves to go and attack the ball and win his headers. His distribution is a bit basic though!
- DKD had Cammy Kerr on toast today. Part of the credit for that must go to Fraser at LB, who was always willing to get forward on the overlap (Naismith was equally good at this on the other side) and, while he was never going to whip one in on his left peg himself, he drew a runner away from DKD and give him space to create (indeed, with a bit more luck and better decision making we could have had even more joy down that side)

Another parallel from the great escape of 2015: IIRC McIntyre chopped and changed personnel and shape quite a bit before, after the defeat to Aberdeen, stumbling across a fairly open, adventurous 4-4-2, stuck with it and we went on a season-saving run of results. Think it's imperative that now we've found a winning formula (admittedly with the caveat that Dundee were rather poor today) we stick with it and stick with these personnel as much as possible. If that means there's no places for the likes of Davies, Eagles, Draper etc when available, then so be it
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Thought Kait was decent to be honest and definitely didn't look out of place in the team. Will have to watch and see how he does towards the end of the month for a real benchmark.

(02-03-2018, 08:40 PM)ddr Wrote: Would it be possible to get your opinion about Mattias Kait? Was he good?

He played as one of two midfielders in front of Routis who was the holding midfielder. Neat and tidy, lovely weight of pass, he was confident in passing in little lanes and angles in midfield when you’d expect others to turn backwards in the same situation. I don’t remember him losing the ball at all. His positional sense is great for a 19 year old making his senior league debut, he fills in the gaps without fuss and made the team look more balanced. He’s an unremarkable, metronome-type player, exactly the type that I’m fond of. His pass for the build up to third goal was indeed sublime.

(02-03-2018, 09:03 PM)john@THHP Wrote: He played as one of two midfielders in front of Routis who was the holding midfielder. Neat and tidy, lovely weight of pass, he was confident in passing in little lanes and angles in midfield when you’d expect others to turn backwards in the same situation. I don’t remember him losing the ball at all. His positional sense is great for a 19 year old making his senior league debut, he fills in the gaps without fuss and made the team look more balanced. He’s an unremarkable, metronome-type player, exactly the type that I’m fond of. His pass for the build up to third goal was indeed sublime.

Sounds like just what we need in the middle, we've had, and continue to have, too many players who can be excellent, but are far too inconsistent to allow us to be comfortable. The better we keep hold of the ball, the more the players confidence will grow, any player who can contribute to that is very welcome in the side!

Also, I notoce Kait has been Estonian Young Player Of The Year the last 2 years. Granted, they're not exactly a footballing powerhouse, but he's obviously very highly rated, same with Fulham.

(02-03-2018, 09:00 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: That was unexpected. Few thoughts:
-Schalk & Ngog upfront were excellent, along with DKD they were the standouts today. Ngog is pure class on the ball- shanked one presentable chance in the 1st half but really strong and good on the ball apart from that. Had one particularly sublime turn by the touchline around halfway midway through the 2nd half. There's probably still a bit more to come from him in terms of match sharpness, too
-Was really impressed with Kait, who played in CM with Routis with JOB in a slightly tucked-in right midfield role. Played a peach of a pass to set DKD away for the 3rd goal- I believe the word the kids use today is "baller"
- Fontaine is proper old-school. Loves to go and attack the ball and win his headers. His distribution is a bit basic though!
- DKD had Cammy Kerr on toast today. Part of the credit for that must go to Fraser at LB, who was always willing to get forward on the overlap (Naismith was equally good at this on the other side) and, while he was never going to whip one in on his left peg himself, he drew a runner away from DKD and give him space to create (indeed, with a bit more luck and better decision making we could have had even more joy down that side)

Another parallel from the great escape of 2015: IIRC McIntyre chopped and changed personnel and shape quite a bit before, after the defeat to Aberdeen, stumbling across a fairly open, adventurous 4-4-2, stuck with it and we went on a season-saving run of results. Think it's imperative that now we've found a winning formula (admittedly with the caveat that Dundee were rather poor today) we stick with it and stick with these personnel as much as possible. If that means there's no places for the likes of Davies, Eagles, Draper etc when available, then so be it

Nice one, thanks for that.

(02-03-2018, 09:03 PM)john@THHP Wrote: He played as one of two midfielders in front of Routis who was the holding midfielder. Neat and tidy, lovely weight of pass, he was confident in passing in little lanes and angles in midfield when you’d expect others to turn backwards in the same situation. I don’t remember him losing the ball at all. His positional sense is great for a 19 year old making his senior league debut, he fills in the gaps without fuss and made the team look more balanced. He’s an unremarkable, metronome-type player, exactly the type that I’m fond of. His pass for the build up to third goal was indeed sublime.

You have just described the greatest (unsung) midfielder I have ever seen . If he is 2% as good as Albertini of AC and Italy then we have struck lucky!