Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DUNDEE AWAY - Saturday 3rd Feb - SUPPORTERS BUS
There are still seats available on the supporters bus heading to Dundee on Saturday - please make sure you contact the club well in advance on 01349 860860 to avoid disapointment.

THIS IS A MASSIVE GAME - THE CLUB NEEDS OUR SUPPORT MORE THAN EVER!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-29-2018, 12:51 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: There are still seats available on the supporters bus heading to Dundee on Saturday - please make sure you contact the club well in advance on 01349 860860 to avoid disapointment.

THIS IS A MASSIVE GAME - THE CLUB NEEDS OUR SUPPORT MORE THAN EVER!

I'd like to see a more attacking approach than we've seen recently with DKD and Eagles on the wings to stretch their defence. Whenever I've seen Dundee this season, you can have a right go at them. This is the best chance we're going to have of winning a game.

(01-29-2018, 02:27 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I'd like to see a more attacking approach than we've seen recently with DKD and Eagles on the wings to stretch their defence. Whenever I've seen Dundee this season, you can have a right go at them. This is the best chance we're going to have of winning a game.

Agreed.
Our defense (organisation if not players) isn't good enough to sit back.

Get the bus booked ASAP if you plan to attend the Dundee game - the club will review the bus numbers tomorrow, if it doesn't improve on what has been booked there will be no bus running to Dundee!

(01-30-2018, 05:46 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Get the bus booked ASAP if you plan to attend the Dundee game - the club will review the bus numbers tomorrow, if it doesn't improve on what has been booked there will be no bus running to Dundee!

To avoid disappointment I am staying at home.

(01-30-2018, 05:46 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Get the bus booked ASAP if you plan to attend the Dundee game - the club will review the bus numbers tomorrow, if it doesn't improve on what has been booked there will be no bus running to Dundee!

Quite sad the apathy ,but understandable,with costs and performances of late
I'm driving down,more in hope than expectation ,but hey ho .

(01-30-2018, 08:21 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Quite sad the apathy ,but understandable,with costs and performances of late
I'm driving down,more in hope than expectation ,but hey ho .

I know - it’s a long month for some after Christmas- hopefully the lads get a result

(01-30-2018, 09:17 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I know - it’s a long month for some after Christmas- hopefully the lads get a result

Its being a long season, even with blind loyalty I am finding it really hard to travel to watch this team.

I booked on, disappointed if it's off. Sad
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Please Mr Coyle play Schalk & Ngog on Saturday. We simply have to win this one.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(01-31-2018, 10:43 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Please Mr Coyle play Schalk & Ngog on Saturday. We simply have to win this one.

If he does not start with Schalk at least,well,I will be baffled ,angry,and resigned to relegation.

In our stead, Dundee are nowhere near as good as Rangers or Aberdeen.
If you dont count the howling individual errors that directly cost us goals, we would have beaten Rangers 1-0 and drawn 2-2 with Aberdeen.

So, if Dundee are terrible, and if we have the first game in months where we don't literally give away at least one goal, we might, just maybe, possibly get a point.

Fightback starts here. Maybe. If all the ifs above somehow come true. Possibly.

SCHALK HAS TO START - comes on 68th minute and gets MOTM - that's says it all!!!

For the life of me, I have no idea why Coyle has been starting Curran and especially McKay ahead of Schalk.

(02-01-2018, 10:44 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: For the life of me, I have no idea why Coyle has been starting Curran and especially McKay ahead of Schalk.

Totally agree Stuart - it's been a glaring mistake - every time Schalk has come on the park he sparks us into life...simply has to start on Saturday up front with Ngog!

Good luck to anybody going to this......

Supporters bus has been cancelled......

(02-01-2018, 04:53 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Supporters bus has been cancelled......

Not surprising tbh, anything other than the three points in this match and Coyle has to go.

(02-01-2018, 04:53 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Supporters bus has been cancelled......

This is disappointing and self-perpetuating.

The team are playing badly so people are understandably less inclined to attend. Those who do book end up finding the bus cancelled regularly, so next game around they're less likely to book because a) there's little reward in watching the team, and b) they know there's a decent chance their plans for the weekend will be ruined when the club cancel the bus again.

So when performances pick up again we might find a few people have fallen out of the habit of going because of the unreliability of the supporters bus. And customers, once lost, can be difficult to win back.

I don't know how many people were booked on the bus, but it seems to me repeatedly cancelling buses could well be counterproductive in the long run.

(02-01-2018, 05:12 PM)Forfinn Wrote: This is disappointing and self-perpetuating.

The team are playing badly so people are understandably less inclined to attend. Those who do book end up finding the bus cancelled regularly, so next game around they're less likely to book because a) there's little reward in watching the team, and b) they know there's a decent chance their plans for the weekend will be ruined when the club cancel the bus again.

So when performances pick up again we might find a few people have fallen out of the habit of going because of the unreliability of the supporters bus. And customers, once lost, can be difficult to win back.

I don't know how many people were booked on the bus, but it seems to me repeatedly cancelling buses could well be counterproductive in the long run.

Only 8 booked on Craig - club get a deadline from D&E to inform them if the bus is going to be pulled.....I'm gutted as Amy and myself were booked on the week before....and I know other regulars who will be disappointed.