Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
What’s our best starting 11 ?
I would put Chow in goals seen as he's so good with his hands.

(02-02-2018, 04:32 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: ??? can't argue with that lol and he can take his hair gel with him.

I. Ignite be alone but I l8ke Eagles he at least looks like he will make something happen. We are creating very few chances of late and strikers need something to work off of. I recognise he isn’t great definselfly so play him more centrally behind Schalk.

(02-01-2018, 10:43 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: SCHALK HAS TO START!!!

Ignore everything I said.
You were right, I was wrong.
And I am so so happy to say that  Big Grin Heart Heart Heart

The one playing against Dundee must be our strongest XI

(02-03-2018, 05:30 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: The one playing against Dundee must be our strongest XI

Saw the team sheet before the match and got a feeling something was going to happen
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(02-04-2018, 11:58 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Saw the team sheet before the match and got a feeling something was going to happen

You sound like Simon Cowal when Susan Boyle was on Britain's got talent.

Any news on Schalk's injury Yesterday, hopefully he is OK?

(02-04-2018, 05:25 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Any news on Schalk's injury Yesterday, hopefully he is OK?

Given the shift he put in I’m wouldn’t be surprised if it was cramp or a slight knock - he has a wee break now to recover with next weekend being Scottish Cup

(02-04-2018, 05:25 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Any news on Schalk's injury Yesterday, hopefully he is OK?

Looked like he got a knock in his lower back in a challenge on the touch line, then 5 mins later looked like cramp,hopefully not serious.

(02-03-2018, 05:30 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: The one playing against Dundee must be our strongest XI

Definitely our strongest to date - great movement and desire

There's been a lot of comment about players making mistakes on the park e.g. Draper passing to Cumming for him to run up the park and score. This extract from BBC website today might put that in perspective re Chelsea who paid £40,000,000 for this guy by the name of Bakayoko!!! Read on about his performance in Chelsea's 4-1 loss to Watford-

Bakayoko's opening half-hour was so bad Chelsea fans could have been excused for thinking they would be no worse off following his red card.

Having been responsible for one of Bournemouth's goals, he followed that up with an even worse performance.

Early on, the France international passed the ball to Deulofeu, who overran the ball back to Courtois.

Bakayoko then headed the ball straight at Doucoure's chest and the Watford player shot wide from the edge of the box.

The £40m summer signing from Monaco was then dispossessed before the ball broke to Deulofeu, who shot into the side netting - and Richarlison had a shot blocked by Cahill after Bakayoko had given the ball away.

Both his yellow cards came after he lost the ball too.

First of all he gave the ball to Etienne Capoue and then pulled him down in the 25th minute. And five minutes later he miscontrolled the ball to Richarlison and fouled the Brazilian while stretching to try to win it back.

In all, he had 28 touches, losing the ball seven times, and failing with four of his attempted 12 passes.

(02-06-2018, 02:25 PM)the reaper Wrote: There's been a lot of comment about players making mistakes on the park e.g. Draper passing to Cumming for him to run up the park and score. This extract from BBC website today might put that in perspective re Chelsea who paid £40,000,000 for this guy by the name of Bakayoko!!! Read on about his performance in Chelsea's 4-1 loss to Watford-

Bakayoko's opening half-hour was so bad Chelsea fans could have been excused for thinking they would be no worse off following his red card.

Having been responsible for one of Bournemouth's goals, he followed that up with an even worse performance.

Early on, the France international passed the ball to Deulofeu, who overran the ball back to Courtois.

Bakayoko then headed the ball straight at Doucoure's chest and the Watford player shot wide from the edge of the box.

The £40m summer signing from Monaco was then dispossessed before the ball broke to Deulofeu, who shot into the side netting - and Richarlison had a shot blocked by Cahill after Bakayoko had given the ball away.

Both his yellow cards came after he lost the ball too.

First of all he gave the ball to Etienne Capoue and then pulled him down in the 25th minute. And five minutes later he miscontrolled the ball to Richarlison and fouled the Brazilian while stretching to try to win it back.

In all, he had 28 touches, losing the ball seven times, and failing with four of his attempted 12 passes.

So he managed to find a team-mate 8 times in half-an-hour? I'd settle for that from RD..

For me, Draper is too pedestrian in his approach and gets caught in possession - our midfield looked a lot more mobile on Saturday against Dundee with Routis, O'Brien, DKD and Kait - we caused all sorts of problems for Dundee and players like O'Hara who is very dangerous were no real issue for us....

The goal we lost was a goal that any team could concede, no major mistake, just the Dundee player jumped higher than Fontain / Fraser and managed to connect with the ball.....fact we went straight up the park and responded with three more goals should give us loads of confidence for coming games!

I'd still prefer Bakayoko over Draper.

The Draper deal was McIntyre having cash burning a hole in his pocket. It could have been invested in much better fashion, but it's done now, and hopefully he comes onto a game at some stage.

(02-06-2018, 05:53 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: I'd still prefer Bakayoko over Draper.

The Draper deal was McIntyre having cash burning a hole in his pocket. It could have been invested in much better fashion, but it's done now, and hopefully he comes onto a game at some stage.

Naw m8 it was Roy having cash burning a hole in his pocket....

The team that started against Dundee will do fine for me, don't  care who eagles has played for in the past or how much draper cost, it would be a travesty if anyone from Saturday was dropped to allow them back in, glad Fraser was moved to left back as he was becoming a bit of a liability in the middle. The only change I would make would be Davis for Fraser/Fontaine on condition he was fully 100% fit.

(02-06-2018, 07:18 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: The team that started against Dundee will do fine for me, don't  care who eagles has played for in the past or how much draper cost, it would be a travesty if anyone from Saturday was dropped to allow them back in, glad Fraser was moved to left back as he was becoming a bit of a liability in the middle. The only change I would make would be Davis for Fraser/Fontaine on condition he was fully 100% fit.

Yes, Saturday's team looks close to our best line-up. For me, the only players who might enhance it would be Gardyne, Tansey and possibly Melbourne.

Davies is finished at this level and they can put Eagles out to roost, both luxuries we can do without.

(02-06-2018, 08:00 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Yes, Saturday's team looks close to our best line-up. For me, the only players who might enhance it would be Gardyne, Tansey and possibly Melbourne.

Think Melbourne was a panic addition due to KVDW requesting to leave - for me Gardyne hasn't looked the same player this season - whether he's carrying an injury or has had a bug or some other ailment, he just hasn't been at the races lately - keen to see what Tansey will add to the team, but think the starting 11 from Saturday has to be our strongest to date....but then all players were really up for it and very determined in their approach to the game - need that for remaining games!!

Think that eleven have to start again, can't see why anyone else would get in the team. Only one minor issue was Routis not jumping for Dundee's goal, but other than that though he was very solid.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.