Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
What’s our best starting 11 ?
(01-31-2018, 02:35 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: I'll set this one up... How much did he go for?

Not a lot, but you'll like it!

That was fun  Big Grin

(01-30-2018, 09:24 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: That line up looks good to me - think that could be interesting

No for me the eagles not landed Midge will not be of any use thick muddy ground,
Youth is answer But oh sorry where tell us where have our highland laddies gone
All,over highland league ,if it was not for County ,highland league would be very bad standard

(01-31-2018, 03:31 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: No for me the eagles not landed Midge will not be of any use thick muddy ground,
Youth is answer But oh sorry where tell us where have our highland laddies gone
All,over highland league ,if it was not for County ,highland league would be very bad standard

Would be a brave coach that would throw youngsters into a team 6 points adrift at the bottom of the league....not fair on the youngsters!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-31-2018, 04:41 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Would be a brave coach that would throw youngsters into a team 6 points adrift at the bottom of the league....not fair on the youngsters!

No win in last twelve , no lose to give youth a fling that has been what was wrong all along same old same old trouble , your right about tonight

(01-31-2018, 02:39 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Not a lot, but you'll like it!

That was fun  Big Grin

Lovely stuff

Just to update this with new signings.

.........................Fox
............Fraser Souttar Fontaine
Naismith...........................Melbourne
...................Draper JOB
.............Eagles N'Gog  Kait

Eagles and Kait dropping playing between the lines, helping out either WB or CM depending on who has the ball, N'Gog holding the ball up as lone striker, wingbacks bombing on (assuming/hoping Melbourne is capable of that).

McCarey, Davies, Tansey, Gardyne, DKD, Schalk, Curran as subs
(assuming Tansey is fit for Saturday as rumoured, not sure how long Davies is out for now?  Once fit, they can drop in and out of first XI as form dictates)

(02-01-2018, 10:17 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: Just to update this with new signings.

Naismith...........................Melbourne
...................Draper JOB
.............Eagles N'Gog  Kait

Eagles and Kait dropping playing between the lines, helping out either WB or CM depending on who has the ball, N'Gog holding the ball up as lone striker, wingbacks bombing on (assuming/hoping Melbourne is capable of that).

McCarey, Davies, Tansey, Gardyne, DKD, Schalk, Curran as subs
(assuming Tansey is fit for Saturday as rumoured, not sure how long Davies is out for now?  Once fit, they can drop in and out of first XI as form dictates)

SCHALK HAS TO START!!!

(02-01-2018, 10:43 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: SCHALK HAS TO START!!!

You know I'm not actually picking the team right?  Wink

For argument's sake - that first XI is based on what i thought the best balance was between our best players (pretending that they're fit and on form).
Before last night Schalk had scored 3 in 16 in the league, two of which were penalties (so 1 in 15 in open play) but more importantly he cant play the lone striker role, or in between the lines.  So I coudn't fit him into that system.
I do like him playing off another striker though, so if we're struggling up top in this hypothetical fantasy land, we could go to a 3412 with one of Eagles and/or Kait playing behing N'Gog and Schalk who can come off the bench and score twice in the last 20 minutes   Cool
Wary that would see us quite stretched, but could work as a sub for end of game against a tired defence (like last night).

END OF GAME AGAINST TIRED DEFENCE:
Naismith...........................Gardyne
...................Draper Tansey
....................... Kait
..................N'Gog Schalk

(02-01-2018, 11:05 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: You know I'm not actually picking the team right?  Wink

For argument's sake - that first XI is based on what i thought the best balance was between our best players (pretending that they're fit and on form).
Before last night Schalk had scored 3 in 16 in the league, two of which were penalties (so 1 in 15 in open play) but more importantly he cant play the lone striker role, or in between the lines.  So I coudn't fit him into that system.
I do like him playing off another striker though, so if we're struggling up top in this hypothetical fantasy land, we could go to a 3412 with one of Eagles and/or Kait playing behing N'Gog and Schalk who can come off the bench and score twice in the last 20 minutes   Cool
Wary that would see us quite stretched, but could work as a sub for end of game against a tired defence (like last night).

END OF GAME AGAINST TIRED DEFENCE:
Naismith...........................Gardyne
...................Draper Tansey
....................... Kait
..................N'Gog Schalk

You couldn't do any worse mate...

(02-01-2018, 11:35 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: You couldn't do any worse mate...

Haha! Agreed. I'll bring in Bunglebonce as my assistant and we'll surge up the league.

(02-01-2018, 11:38 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: Haha! Agreed. I'll bring in Bunglebonce as my assistant and we'll surge up the league.

No one puts Bunglebonce in the corner.

(02-01-2018, 11:47 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: No one puts Bunglebonce in the corner.

I don't think he likes the limelight, i'll take the public scrutiny leaving him to work his magic.
Dont worry, once we're safe, i'll reveal everything to the public and ensure Bunglebonce is lifted to the heights he deserves.

[Image: source.gif]

The first names on my team sheet would be

Naismith.  Souttar  

Obrien

Shalk Ngog
Beyond that, I'm struggling as all the rest have not been up to it, not fully fit through injury or their performances have been suppressed by a lack of confidence.
Keillor-Dunn was an example of that last night, saw a comment elsewhere that he was out of his depth last night,  don't agree with that as we all know just how good he can be, it just seemed like he lacked the confidence or team support. To show it
I don't even know which goalkeeper to pick any more, glad I'm not the manager.

(02-01-2018, 03:10 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: The first names on my team sheet would be

Naismith.  Souttar  

Obrien

Shalk Ngog
Beyond that, I'm struggling as all the rest have not been up to it, not fully fit through injury or their performances have been suppressed by a lack of confidence.
Keillor-Dunn was an example of that last night, saw a comment elsewhere that he was out of his depth last night,  don't agree with that as we all know just how good he can be, it just seemed like he lacked the confidence or team support. To show it

If we had a good squad of honest grafters it would have been better for Kellor
But he was getting over exposed against both Rangers and Aberdeen no directive from manager he looked headless, not the player we know through no faukt of his own ,poor Kellor left to figure out things no direction no captain helping him

The experienced players need to help the kid - some of them could do with a sample of his desire!!!

(02-01-2018, 03:10 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: The first names on my team sheet would be

Naismith.  Souttar  

Obrien

Shalk Ngog

Can agree with you there but I would put Eagles out on the wing only it would be the wing of the next plane out of Dalcross . He's not even worth paying a seat for.

(02-02-2018, 02:34 PM)gujeecof Wrote: Can agree with you there but I would put Eagles out on the wing only it would be the wing of the next plane out of Dalcross . He's not even worth paying a seat for.

??? can't argue with that lol and he can take his hair gel with him.

Bobby Wilsons Highland League Champions.  Tongue
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(02-02-2018, 04:32 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: ??? can't argue with that lol and he can take his hair gel with him.

Maybe he’ll get his barmans job back in Benidorm!

(02-02-2018, 05:57 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Bobby Wilsons Highland League Champions.  Tongue

Class

Heart 
(02-01-2018, 10:17 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: The experienced players need to help the kid - some of them could do with a sample of his desire!!!

Yes - we need to encourage and spread the enthusiasm Davis K-D and Alex Schalk displayed.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets