Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
What’s our best starting 11 ?
With all the question marks hanging over our management team - something I keep asking myself - with the pool of players we have at our disposal below - I wonder what the fans think our strongest starting 11 and formation would be for the forthcoming vital games?

You have the job, so who would you pick in what position and why - bearing in mind, you can’t select any player that’s listed as currently injured?

Fox
McCarey

Naismith
Davies - currently injured
Fraser
Souttar
Kelly - currently injured
Van Der Weg

Gardyne
Keillor-Dunn
Routis - currently injured
Draper
Chow
O’Brien
Dow
Lindsay - currently injured
Tansey - currently injured
Eagles
Tony Dingwall

Curran
Schalk
Mckay
Effiong
N’Gog

Mine would be:

Fox

Naismith - Souttar - Fraser

Draper

Eagles - O’Brien - Keillor-Dunn

Gardyne

Schalk - N’Gog

(Subs: McCarey, Mckay, Effiong, Van Der Weg, Chow, Dow, Curran)

So for me it wasn’t easy given the guys we have unavailable- it made me realise that OC maybe struggling to get his preferred 11 onto the park at any one time!

However, I feel the guys above that I’ve selected would match up to any of the teams we have coming up.

Have a go and see who makes your team - interested to see some formations ?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Good question Kenny, and something I have been questioning myself. As for the best starting XI, good grief who knows.

Are we allowed 20 different combinations like Coyle?

Good question. If he insists on playing 1 up top it should be Ngog

To start a best eleven you have to select who would best lead the team on the park.Not Davies ,in my opinion , as he is to eager to pass the ball across and back putting defensive team mates under pressure. Young Souter showed last night how to do it with several upfield passes to wide players relieving the pressure on the defense.Marcus has a bit to learn before he could be a solid leader. We just don't have a Britton , Fergie or Lawson type player who can drive us forward and lead by example

McCarey - Fraser Davies Souttar - Naismith VDW - Draper O'Brien
- Eagles DKD - Mckay

3-2-2-2-1

3 at the back with Naismith and VDW as wing backs. Draper and O'Brien in the middle with Eagles and DKD in two number 10 positions, with Mckay up front.

^^^ hahaha proof that you're an ict fan. Who in their right mind would pick Kenny as a wingback, that's hilarious.

We dont have a leftback that can play without adequate protection in front of them.
We dont have wingers (other than DKD) who can beat their man on the outside, or offer fullbacks protection (other than Gardyne).
So 433 looks a bad idea.

Fox
          Fraser Souttar VDW
Naismith                        Gardyne
                 JOB   Draper
           Eagles N'Gog DKD

(01-29-2018, 01:57 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: McCarey     -    Fraser  Davies  Souttar      -     Naismith   VDW       -         Draper     O'Brien
    -          Eagles        DKD           -    Mckay

3-2-2-2-1

3 at the back with Naismith and VDW as wing backs. Draper and O'Brien in the middle with Eagles and DKD in two number 10 positions, with Mckay up front.

(01-29-2018, 02:13 PM)frankthetank Wrote: ^^^ hahaha proof that you're an ict fan.  Who in their right mind would pick Kenny as a wingback, that's hilarious.

EDIT:  I had VDW as leftback until I clicked Davies wasnt an option. 

Cant stand Dow at wingback, Kelly is injured, and Gardyne looks a shadow of himself lately and isnt really a wingback.
Didnt see who else could play at leftback.

JOB at LB and Chow in middle?  Dont know that JOB has ever played there though, and Id rather not play Chow from the start (based on Tansey also being injured).

My choice would be 3-4-1-2
Fox ,
Fraser Soutar VDW,
Naismith Draper O'Brien, Cardyne,
Eagles
Curran NGog
Subs McCarry, Schalk, Chow, Effiong McKay, Kellor-Dunn, Dow

Any of back three injured Naismith or Draper would step back any of midfield five injured Kellor-Dunn, Chow or Dow would fit in and choice forwards from other three
Come on all you critics have a go
Well done Kenny for this post

(01-29-2018, 02:51 PM)County Lad Wrote: My choice would be 3-4-1-2
                        Fox ,
        Fraser Soutar VDW,
Naismith  Draper O'Brien, Cardyne,
                        Eagles
              Curran NGog
Subs McCarry,  Schalk, Chow, Effiong McKay, Kellor-Dunn, Dow

I was torn between this exact team and the one I went for.

Fox
Naismith Souttar Fraser

Draper Tansey

DKD Eagles/ JO’B Midge

NGog Schalk

Fox

Naismith Souttar Draper Fraser

Dow O'Brien Chow DKD

Gardyne

Curran

I've been saying this for about a season now. Gardyne I can see playing a CAM role as I feel he's not as effective as he once was on the wing. We are lacking a play maker and creative thinking going through the middle. Whether Gardyne is the solution to that is another question but out of the current crop I believe he's the best option.

For me I don't see Marcus Frasers future as a Centre Back. As much as he is one of my favourite players he doesn't have the strength nor the aerial ability to be a premiership/(championship next season) Centre back. I would like to try him out in the Left back position as that is an area more or less everybody can agree that we don't have a player fit for purpose in that position.

Draper has proven at Caley Thistle that he can fill in as a defender where needed so will be a good option there until Davies is fit again if Coyle doesn't bring in another Centre Back before Wednesday.

As much as it pains be to start Ryan Dow I believe he would be more effective there than Gardyne if he was given a run of games and a chance to prove his capabilities.

Chow is in there purely because Routis is injured but even that is because there is no one fit for purpose in that position.

If Gardyne plays well through the middle as a playmaker attacking option then I think Curran could work. However not if we continue with the long ball tactic.

Other shouts could be Schalk playing either behind the striker as a number 10 or on the right wing. He played in midfield in the friendly against Caley Thistle. Albeit lower league opposition but he didn't look out of place there imo.

Fox
Naismith Fraser Souttar
Draper
Gardyne O’Brien Chow Keillor-Dunn

Eagles
N’Gog

Would like more options on the left and would only pick Chow due to necessity in the middle of the park.

It isnt an easy job and easy to get critisied but now we need to start throwing caution to the wind and make chances (as that is much of what we lack)

(01-29-2018, 05:36 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: Fox
Naismith Fraser Souttar
Draper
Gardyne O’Brien Chow Keillor-Dunn

Eagles
N’Gog

Would like more options on the left and would only pick Chow due to necessity in the middle of the park.

It isnt an easy job and easy to get critisied but now we need to start throwing caution to the wind and make chances (as that is much of what we lack)

Think that looks not bad too me - though its always balance - despite having more central midfielders against Rangers we still had them waltzing through the middle at key times.

I really though think we need a bit more attaching spark and eagles looked capable in attack from what i saw and if we have hime further forward he can do maybe what he does best and leave others to provide defensive stability.

(01-29-2018, 08:39 PM)roth08 Wrote: Think that looks not bad too me - though its always balance - despite having more central midfielders against Rangers we still had them waltzing through the middle at key times.

I really though think we need a bit more attaching spark and eagles looked capable in attack from what i saw and if we have hime further forward he can do maybe what he does best and leave others to provide defensive stability.

The introduction of Eagles spoilt balance ,Furst it was a Kellor Dunne being left in bench then Draper but never Eagles, things got so bad he had to get eagles on sick leave

Kettlewell
Kettlewell Kettlewell Kettlewell Kettlewell
Kettlewell Kettlewell Kettl ewell Kettlewell
Kettlewell. Kettlewell

Only player who's a guaranteed start for me is Naismith, virtually the only player with pass marks for the whole season.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Fox

Naismith, Fraser, Souttar, VDW

Eagles/Gardyne, O’Brien, Chow, Keillor-Dunn

Curran

N’Gog

(01-29-2018, 09:16 PM)Despot Wrote: Only player who's a guaranteed start for me is Naismith, virtually the only player with pass marks for the whole season.

Very hard to argue with that - I'm a big fan of big Naismith - you could see his frustration at the second goal on Sunday....he gives his all for us and definitely a candidate for player of the season...

I am convinced things will turn for us - stay positive!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-30-2018, 10:35 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Very hard to argue with that - I'm a big fan of big Naismith - you could see his frustration at the second goal on Sunday....he gives his all for us and definitely a candidate for player of the season...

That's going to be a bloody short list of candidates, unless someone has a huge second half. If things don't vastly improve, I honestly can't think of anyone that'd come close to Naismith!