Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kilmarnock vs Ross County - Scottish Cup 3rd Round - Sat 20 Jan
We've got a thread for the Motherwell game next week, but there's the small matter of Killie in the Cup first.

I'm sensing a distinct lack of enthusiasm for it, and given the weather conditions at the moment, I wouldn't blame folk from the Highlands for not bothering.

However, there will at least be a few Central Staggies heading along from Edinburgh and Glasgow for our now traditional pre-match visit to Macks Bar. Then, I suppose, going to the game itself (do we have to?).

I'd guess Tansey won't be starting given he must be short of match fitness. It'd be nice to get a couple more signings confirmed before the weekend to add a frisson of excitement to proceedings.

I was fully expecting at least 3 signings by the time this game came around, if we win here it could really be a big confidence boost and spur us on for the really harsh run of games we've got coming up.
would like to see Eagles played in a more advanced central role with Curran or Schalk up front, this Killie side are very good and a bit of a reminder of what we could've had post Mcintyre

Not many booked on the bus which I think will probably be cancelled due to weather conditions etc.

I saw Coyle on STV tonight stating that Mckay will come good for us and he’s buzzing to get going! Also hoping for some additions before the weekend!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Anyone traveling from the Highlands seriously need to consider their mental health. I'd be shocked if we got anything out of this.

I don't think I have ever seen so much negativity on this site. Come on folks get a bl**dy grip.

I am sure we can kick start our season with a run in the cup. We have passed much bigger tests.

(01-18-2018, 10:10 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: I don't think I have ever seen so much negativity on this site. Come on folks get a bl**dy grip.

I am sure we can kick start our season with a run in the cup. We have passed much bigger tests.

We've also got an excellent record away to Killie.

3-1 to the County is my prediction!

To be honest I’d be happy to go out of the cup and concentrate on staying up and I don’t care who disagrees with me

(01-18-2018, 10:58 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: To be honest I’d be happy to go out of the cup and concentrate on staying up and I don’t care who disagrees with me

I don't disagree but winning builds confidence, something that is sorely lacking in our team. I'll take any win at the moment for that reason.

(01-18-2018, 11:18 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I don't disagree but winning builds confidence, something that is sorely lacking in our team. I'll take any win at the moment for that reason.

I'd take a draw and a replay on Tuesday, so that we could put the Motherwell game back a bit until we were more settled / organised..

Fox out with flu, DKD and Kelly doubts with injury, and "Tansey likely to miss out as he regains full fitness" - RS Journal.

No Scottish Cup news about the ' minnows' and their teams on the BBC website today. Hardly surprising that. Our new signing didn't make either. How underwhelming.

(01-19-2018, 08:57 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Fox out with flu, DKD and Kelly doubts with injury, and "Tansey likely to miss out as he regains full fitness" - RS Journal.

Oh lovely.

(01-18-2018, 11:18 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I don't disagree but winning builds confidence, something that is sorely lacking in our team. I'll take any win at the moment for that reason.
True

Best of luck to all. Quietly confident about this one. Someone has to be after all!!!

I am not too bothered about Fox being out, McCarrey is more than capable imo and realy didn't deserve to be dropped when he appeared to be growing in confidence and getting a run in the first team. He moves the ball quicker than Fox .Personaly I don't agree with the worry about playing Kilmarnock either, we have a good record against them and remember we drew in Dingwall although from the reaction it was like a defeat. hopefully we will learn from this and move on with a decent result today and a home draw against Fraserburgh in the next round.

I’ll settle for an entertaining 2-2 draw and a ‘money-spinning’ replay at a packed Viccy Park on Tuesday. Lovely day down here for a game of football. COYS

(01-20-2018, 01:23 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: I’ll settle for an entertaining 2-2 draw and a ‘money-spinning’ replay at a packed Viccy Park on Tuesday. Lovely day down here for a game of football. COYS

It is the best we can hope for ,I’ve lost all my early confidence in Coyle while Kilmarnock change of manager saw them vastly improve ,we see no difference
Very dodgy today

I didn't go on the bus, expected the game to be off tbf.

Not overly confident.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Effiong to score!

Very interesting lineup - for a good number of reasons.