Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recruitment
What is up with our recruitment policy?

Has Coyle actually scouted anyone?

Are we only in the market for ex-Coyle players and old Inverness players?

It's embarrassing, the core of our team is going to be the same as the team that got relegated last season - surely I can't be the only one concerned about this? Why aren't we looking to sign the next Liam Boyce and Jackson Irvine's?

I think I've made my feelings over Coyle quite clear, but this January window is fast becoming an embarrassment. Tansey, Mckay and Draper should be nowhere near the first team after what they did last year. Can you really see them saving our season? Draper's signing looked good on paper, but he has been awful. The other two I could tell would be awful, and so they will prove to be.

What is going on at our club.

You’ve not even seen Tansey play you nugget!!!

Draper hasn't been awful in any way, shape or form. Other than O'Brien, he's been our most consistent midfielder and 90% of our issues come from the side of the midfield that Draper doesn't support.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Good grief.

(01-11-2018, 08:24 AM)ELincognito Wrote: You’ve not even seen Tansey play you nugget!!!

I've heard from many ICT fans who I know that he was really poor for them since they won the cup. Add to that the disaster that has been his Aberdeen career - some of their fans think he's the worst player to ever play for the club, and they signed Paul Quinn...hardly fills you with confidence, does it?

I knew people would slate me for this thread, but the fact is, we are signing a bunch of players that got relegated last year.

(01-11-2018, 11:03 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I've heard from many ICT fans who I know that he was really poor for them since they won the cup. Add to that the disaster that has been his Aberdeen career - some of their fans think he's the worst player to ever play for the club, and they signed Paul Quinn...hardly fills you with confidence, does it?

I knew people would slate me for this thread, but the fact is, we are signing a bunch of players that got relegated last year.

I'm as frustrated as anyone about the lack of activity but we're nowhere near the end of the window yet, we need to try and be patient (a hard one for me personally) and see what the squad looks like at the end of the window.

The manager needs a chance to get the ones he wants in and I'm hoping his connections mean something (along with the mysterious Mr McGinlay's contribution as head of international recruitment....was that his title?) so what's required is calmness and trust.

My only nagging concern today is the article I saw saying Greg Tansey was Owen's no.1 January target, that's a wee bit eyebrow raising right enough.

Fingers crossed we do some good business soon.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(01-11-2018, 11:03 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I've heard from many ICT fans who I know that he was really poor for them since they won the cup. Add to that the disaster that has been his Aberdeen career - some of their fans think he's the worst player to ever play for the club, and they signed Paul Quinn...hardly fills you with confidence, does it?

Same,ICT fans at my work were not a fan of his,but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt..

(01-11-2018, 09:20 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Same,ICT fans at my work were not a fan of his,but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt..

ICT fans at my work were also slaying him as being overrated - but then they would say that if he’s no longer in an ICT shirt....let’s hope he does the business and helps Draper and Mckay to both make a go of it also - part of me is hoping the break has come at the right time for us and the lads come out all guns blazing for the second half of the season
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-11-2018, 09:39 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: ICT fans at my work were also slaying him as being overrated - but then they would say that if he’s no longer in an ICT shirt....let’s hope he does the business and helps Draper and Mckay to both make a go of it also

Fingers and toes crossed!

us reading your posts:

[Image: avatar.jpg]

I would guess that none of those Caley fans had UEFA qualifications, so would take their comments with a pinch of salt.

Tansey has been bought to play in a role, in essence to get the most out of others in the side.

Coyle still has links to the North West of England which I imagine will be utilized.

We have eight days till the Cup fixture, which this season will unfortunately be of low interest, the important fixture is in twelve days.

It is crucial that the right player is added to the team, signing a whole host of players that don't actually improve the team is a waste of time.

The original big mistake was taking on OC of course. The decision defied logic. His time had been and gone 10 years ago.

The second mistake ( although 100% foreseeable judging by his last 4 clubs before joining us) was taking us down to the bottom of the table before the transfer window. You're a young professional footballer, possibly with a family. Would you join a team in the north of Scotland looking favourites to be relegated? So we'll end up getting loanees or players who can't find a position at another club.

OC talks big about his contacts in England and knowledge of the game up here in Scotland. Now's the time to turn words into action.

I have to admire those on here who cling to the belief that OC will rescue the situation. I really hope you're right, and I'll be the first to congratulate him if he steers us clear of this mess.

(01-11-2018, 11:44 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: us reading your posts:

[Image: avatar.jpg]

the authors of some of the posts we're reading:
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-11-2018, 09:39 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: ICT fans at my work were also slaying him as being overrated - but then they would say that if he’s no longer in an ICT shirt....let’s hope he does the business and helps Draper and Mckay to both make a go of it also - part of me is hoping the break has come at the right time for us and the lads come out all guns blazing for the second half of the season
Yes, if only it was 'the second half of the season' - one round of fixtures left before the split, and 5 points/6 goals off base-camp pace..

Still, fingers crossed..

Totally behind the man and my eyes just about swivel out of my skull at some of the stuff I read on here. The author of this thread almost seems to be blaming Coyle for having Draper and McKay in the first team squad!

If so many people think our managerial appointments are so bad why not call out Roy McGregor and the board for it but remember, an awful lot of fans seemed very keen for change.

I had a wee look back at some posts when the knives were out for McIntyre and Dodds last season. Personally I erred on the cautious grass isn't always greener on the other side then and I still felt that way when they got the boot this season. But get the boot they did so we have to back the new man who has inherited a difficult task. He at least deserves more time than some have already stopped giving him on here.

(01-12-2018, 12:51 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Yes, if only it was 'the second half of the season' - one round of fixtures left before the split, and 5 points/6 goals off base-camp pace..

Still, fingers crossed..

I know, I'm as concerned as you Fozzie, just try to talk myself out of it now and then....just can't bear to think of us being relegated

(01-12-2018, 02:05 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Totally behind the man and my eyes just about swivel out of my skull at some of the stuff I read on here. The author of this thread almost seems to be blaming Coyle for having Draper and McKay in the first team squad!

If so many people think our managerial appointments are so bad why not call out Roy McGregor and the board for it but remember, an awful lot of fans seemed very keen for change.

I had a wee look back at some posts when the knives were out for McIntyre and Dodds last season. Personally I erred on the cautious grass isn't always greener on the other side then and I still felt that way when they got the boot this season. But get the boot they did so we have to back the new man who has inherited a difficult task. He at least deserves more time than some have already stopped giving him on here.

Very well put post....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-12-2018, 02:05 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Totally behind the man and my eyes just about swivel out of my skull at some of the stuff I read on here. The author of this thread almost seems to be blaming Coyle for having Draper and McKay in the first team squad!

I'm not blaming him for having Draper and Mckay in the first team squad, but he's only added to it by bringing in Tansey. Clearly, the logic behind this is because he played with Draper for so long, suggesting that he plans to play them together. So Owen Coyle's NO.1 target for this window is to bring in somebody to form a midfield that got our neighbours relegated last season!...give me strength!

OC has taken us from mid table to bottom in the space of months...I'd love to know what colour the grass is if it's not greener if we were to get rid of OC. It's a downwards spiral with OC in charge and it pains me how people like yourself are in denial over this.

"In denial", give your hysterics a break.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(01-12-2018, 03:25 PM)Spain Wrote: "In denial", give your hysterics a break.

Sorry?

(01-12-2018, 02:55 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I'm not blaming him for having Draper and Mckay in the first team squad, but he's only added to it by bringing in Tansey. Clearly, the logic behind this is because he played with Draper for so long, suggesting that he plans to play them together. So Owen Coyle's NO.1 target for this window is to bring in somebody to form a midfield that got our neighbours relegated last season!...give me strength!

OC has taken us from mid table to bottom in the space of months...I'd love to know what colour the grass is if it's not greener if we were to get rid of OC. It's a downwards spiral with OC in charge and it pains me how people like yourself are in denial over this.
Had you already forgotten about this post when you posted on the other thread that the board signed Tansey?
Very poor stirring. Take your spoon back to the dump.