Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
John McGlashan
Unfortunately passed away at the young age of fifty today.

Scored on his debut iirc.

(01-10-2018, 10:27 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Unfortunately passed away at the young age of fifty today.

Scored on his debut iirc.

His 1st goal was indeed on his debut and was in a 2-2 draw with East Stirling

Was a good midfielder for us, had an excellent scoring record for a midfielder.

RIP, way too young to go.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

My main memory of him was when he scored for Dundee against us in the Scottish Cup (Valentines Day 1998).
We drew in Dingwall 1-1 (Adams got our goal) and went to a replay at Dens where we got pumped 3-0; karma for skipping school.

So when we signed him I was a bit in awe of him - was a good player who helped raise us a level.

Very sad to hear this news - RIP John
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Also remember him being a good player for us with an eye for goal, very sad news.

RIP. Was a terrific player.
Brian Mcculloch Glasgow - Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.

(01-11-2018, 10:24 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: My main memory of him was when he scored for Dundee against us in the Scottish Cup (Valentines Day 1998).
We drew in Dingwall 1-1 (Adams got our goal) and went to a replay at Dens where we got pumped 3-0; karma for skipping school.

You have a truly amazing memory. Either that or you have google on speed dial.

(01-16-2018, 04:08 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: You have a truly amazing memory. Either that or you have google on speed dial.

At that time, the 1-1 draw was one of the best results Id seen us get against a team of that level, so I remember the game vividly. 

The date is easy for me to remember as it was the last Valentines Day before I left Dingwall.

The 0-3 game was only the second time id been to an away game without a chaperone of some sort, it was my mate's first away game of any sort, and was our first time in Dundee.  So I managed to remember that too.

I've got Google as a homepage, I have no idea how to speed dial it.

(01-16-2018, 04:22 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: At that time, the 1-1 draw was one of the best results Id seen us get against a team of that level, so I remember the game vividly. 

The date is easy for me to remember as it was the last Valentines Day before I left Dingwall.

The 0-3 game was only the second time id been to an away game without a chaperone of some sort, it was my mate's first away game of any sort, and was our first time in Dundee.  So I managed to remember that too.

I've got Google as a homepage, I have no idea how to speed dial it.

Incredible stuff. I cant remember my last Valentines day before I left Dingwall, I can hardly remember last week.

You should be on a gameshow with a memory like that. However if you get stuck they probably wont let you phone your friend google though.

(01-16-2018, 04:32 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Incredible stuff.  I cant remember my last Valentines day before I left Dingwall, I can hardly remember last week.  

You should be on a gameshow with a memory like that.  However if you get stuck they probably wont let you phone your friend google though.

Its weird eh? It's almost as though our minds work differently, and we've put different weight on different formative memories?  

That or I have actually used google to create false memories in a tribute thread for no apparent reason, and am now lying about it for no apparent reason.  [Its not this, that would be mental, instead I have actually remembered details of two football games which meant something to me when I was a teenager preparing to leave home.  With McGlashan playing a role in those memories.  Which was the point of the post.]

(01-16-2018, 04:22 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: , and was our first time in Dundee.  So I managed to remember that too.

I don't think anybody forgets their first visit to Dundee

(01-16-2018, 04:58 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: I don't think anybody forgets their first visit to Dundee

Haha! Fair. especially for a wee gudgie like I was.  "Formative" was a diplomatic description of that memory Wink

Ok mega-mind, I believe that you are able to remember who scored for and against us in a 1-1 draw in Dundee 20 years ago.

I remember when we lost in the QF of the League Cup at Tynecastle on 9th Sept 1998 with McBain scoring for us only to be cancelled out by a Derek Holmes strike. It was the day after I lost my virginity you see.

(01-16-2018, 05:58 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Ok mega-mind, I believe that you are able to remember who scored for and against us in a 1-1 draw in Dundee 20 years ago.

I remember when we lost in the QF of the League Cup at Tynecastle on 9th Sept 1998 with McBain scoring for us only to be cancelled out by a Derek Holmes strike.  It was the day after I lost my virginity you see.

Aye, I mind that game too, but for different reasons. 
Your story is cooler than mine  Undecided

(01-16-2018, 05:58 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Ok mega-mind, I believe that you are able to remember who scored for and against us in a 1-1 draw in Dundee 20 years ago.

I remember when we lost in the QF of the League Cup at Tynecastle on 9th Sept 1998 with McBain scoring for us only to be cancelled out by a Derek Holmes strike. It was the day after I lost my virginity you see.

It's also the day before Maid Marion retired .............was that the reason?

(01-16-2018, 06:07 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: It's also the day before Maid Marion retired .............was that the reason?

A gentleman would never kiss and tell.

Please please please, when does the football start again... Smile

John McGlashan was a big strong player for County,a bit of a hard man,the type that every team would want

I Remember the cup games against Dundee their buses had arrived in Dingwall early doors so you can imagine the shape of most of them before kick off, they pretty much took over the town.

Clip of both games still viewable on You Tube 3.44 mins

(01-16-2018, 08:19 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: John McGlashan was a big strong player for County,a bit of a hard man,the type that every team would want

I Remember the cup games against Dundee their buses had arrived in Dingwall early doors so you can imagine the shape of most of them before kick off, they pretty much took over the town.

Clip of both games still viewable on You Tube 3.44 mins

Aye,they cleared the shelves at Viccy Wines,hardly any money ended up in the till!
He was a really good player for us, un sung hero