Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Rangers at Home 28/1/18
Two desperate mistakes.

Macarey with an amateur attempt at a save, and Draper passing straight to the opposition.

I have always maintained that Fox is by far our best keeper, but a lot of folk on here told me his distribution is inferior to that of Macarey. Well I'd rather have a solid keeper who can keep out shots straight at him than someone who is good at releasing the ball quickly.

I just dont know what came over Draper.

(01-28-2018, 08:32 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Two desperate mistakes.

Macarey with an amateur attempt at a save, and Draper passing straight to the opposition.

I have always maintained that Fox is by far our best keeper, but a lot of folk on here told me his distribution is inferior to that of Macarey. Well I'd rather have a solid keeper who can keep out shots straight at him than someone who is good at releasing the ball quickly.

I just dont know what came over Draper.

No idea who Draper thought he was passing to - no County player in sight, Draper too pedestrian today for me at times - simply can’t afford that.....and Kenny had a howler of a first half today - Curran up front on his own again and never getting on the end of the high balls we played - yet, two taller forwards on the bench???

I still think we can turn this around.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Yes Draper mistake was bad, but I couldn't get over the amount of times he was penalised ,when it was obvious the foul should have been in his favour. Baffling.
I'm just scunnered tonight , gave them two goals.

The match ball sponsored by “Inverness True Blues” today. Come on to [censored] County, are you having a laugh. ? Utterly embarrassing.

(01-28-2018, 09:29 PM)King_Salmon Wrote: The match ball sponsored by “Inverness True Blues” today. Come on to [censored] County, are you having a laugh. ? Utterly embarrassing.

What an absolute embarrassment.

(01-28-2018, 09:47 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: What an absolute embarrassment.

Think they sponsored the ref too.

(01-28-2018, 09:29 PM)King_Salmon Wrote: The match ball sponsored by “Inverness True Blues” today. Come on to [censored] County, are you having a laugh. ? Utterly embarrassing.

Agreed. More tainted than a President's Club charity donation.

That was pretty dire. Agree with everything said. First half was dreadful but second was better. We gifted it to them.

Away support running on celebrate was embarrassing. As was the referee.

Still not a fan of Coyle. Time to go.

We gifted the match to a fairly mediocre Rangers team for the third time this season. Signs of improvement in the second half, but I can't see us getting out of 12th place.

I can just about deal with it when the mascots are announced as supporting County + whatever Old Firm [censored] cheek, but whoever accepted that match ball sponsorship should be embarrassed. There isn't a single other team in the Premiership who would allow an opposition fan club to sponsor them.

(01-28-2018, 10:40 PM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: That was pretty dire. Agree with everything said. First half was dreadful but second was better. We gifted it to them.

Away support running on celebrate was embarrassing. As was the referee.

Still not a fan of Coyle. Time to go.

Did I miss something, did Rangers win the league today?
Nah! stupid question, then again why did  all these Morons run on the park? 
I hope the SFA punish them for it, and no doubt there will be a bill sent to Govan for broken seats, well I hope they send a bill.
Will they be punished for their continual  singing of sectarian songs, doubt it?
F the P and all the other nonsense.
And sadly there was many local faces in the away end today, shame on you.

The game itself, how this lot beat Aberdeen is a mystery , but then again are inconsistent, hopefully another bad day on Wednesday and County get 3 points of them.

Much said about Draper miss pass, it was probably the only mistake he made all game, there was still plenty others behind who could have put a tackle in.
Keeper, yes bad mistake, should have saved it.

Overall we were rather poor in many areas, short passes, lack of commitment from certain players.
We looked short of match fitness, not sure how full time players such as ours could look so unfit.

I feel guilty about criticising players and the manager, as they are better players than I ever was, BUT!
I have no time for Shirkers, players that can’t commit to  a 50/50 tackle, having said that Rangers appeared to be getting  away with lots of pulling , somehow managed to get all or most of the 50/50 decisions.

Why do we keep playing  balls back the way, when there are options ahead? It is baffling.
Some players  are past their sell by date.

A final point, and OC if you read this, why, please tell me why we continually played high balls up to Curran, who offered nothing the whole game, his replacing was long overdue.
We had nothing to loose in the second half, and had we 2 yes 2 strikers on, we could have got something out of the game. 
Some poor decisions from the players  and manager, end of the day if they can’t fix it then ta-ta.
I was never in favour of sacking managers, and as good a talker as OC is, the future and well being of my beloved club is more important to me than the ego of any manager.
Surely it’s not difficult to get some who would put their heart and soul into the club.
Not everyone’s favourite, but I think Yogi Hughes could bot that lot into shape.
Or call for Buff!
Seriously we are letting teams off the hook to easily, and that includes today’s despicable mob.
It has to end, Roy and the board have put a great deal into the club, they are being short changed, as are the supporters.

Rant over, off to be bed very disappointed.

Question.
Was this guy at the game?
By Chris McLaughlin
BBC Scotland at the Global Energy Stadium
I was certain that one of the Govan mob got a yellow card, if not I stand corrected.
BBC stats do not show it, interesting they show a 51 to 49 % in possession.
He also claims Martin was dazed and confused at the penalty award, wonder why, trying to con the red perhaps.
Regardless of dazed or confused, the ball hit his arm, not normally associated with dazing players who get hit in the face.

their captain was definately shown a yellow right in front of the main stand for a foul on Midge I think it was.

(01-28-2018, 08:39 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: No idea who Draper thought he was passing to - no County player in sight, Draper too pedestrian today for me at times - simply can’t afford that.....and Kenny had a howler of a first half today - Curran up front on his own again and never getting on the end of the high balls we played - yet, two taller forwards on the bench???

I still think we can turn this around.....

I don’t think,, I know we can turn this round ,watch us do just that ,we were not good enough first half ,but if Coyle had brought the big boy on earlier ,we had them on the ropes , like or dislike them they are a good team of footballers ,my opinion is we gave them too much respect first half , Wee Kellor not at races a good strong player woukd have taken Tavenier out time and again ,young Kellor was easy meat for Tavenier , but we will beat Aberdeen and Dundee I saw change in County , referee didn’t help either , We need a left back in a hurry , Kenny not the answer ,
Liked Souter good player ,and young Marcus fought well the whole game , yes yes yes we are going to survive ,Hamilton down ,
Going to survive , sorry Pete our two keepers are good , but yesterday Mcarey kept it moving
Fox woukd be dilly dallying Yes howler by Mcarey But in fairness he kept a lot out cmon you staggies Going to watch County now is like a silent movie , players need encouragement it is not happening