Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell Away
(01-25-2018, 02:07 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: That's not the point.....

The point is he made one mistake in the game and unfortunately it was that. And even that was harsh on him as if he does what hes trying to do its an excellent defensive header. He's just misjudged where he is in the box.

We haven't had players making those challenges recently and he cleared a few crosses of similar danger very well which we have been lacking. We've been losing lots of goals from crosses recently with very little being done by defenders so to have someone challenging the ball is a step up!

Agreed, the boy clearly meant to head the ball out for a corner, but mis-judged where he was in relation to the goal - I've seen this numerous times over the years from far more experienced players - even Boyd, Davies, Fraser etc have all made similar mistakes....it's a rash moment under pressure to clear the ball.....

In my mind, the boy will kick on from this and be a better player for it - more experienced players would have let that incident affect their game for the remaining minutes - he's dusted himself down and then put in an assured performance - shows maturity and professionalism!

I actually hope we go with him and Fraser on Sunday - Davies simply HAS to be rested before he ends up ending his career prematurely!

I'd also be resting Midge as there is definitely something not right there - whether it's fitness, fatigue, an injury, or off-field issues - there is something wrong in his body language!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Good post Kenny, agree with all of that.

(01-25-2018, 02:21 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif]

As much as all the criticism I get on here is unwarranted, I did let out a little chuckle at this one.

(01-25-2018, 02:24 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: the criticism I get on here is unwarranted

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm done now.

I am not sure I understand the logic with folk saying Andrew Davis needs rested, we are have just had the winter shutdown, how much more rest would a player need?

I was listening to the Motherwell online coverage until the goal and could not tune in for the second half, impossible to listen to two guys reporting while 100% behind their own team, painful.

So then after watching the stats it looks like we started to play after the second goal? Stats wise looked like we were on top. Motherwell winning 2-0 with 1 shot on target really does highlight what a terrible result this was for us.

Taking positives it is game time for the new guys and hopefully we will starting clicking very shortly.

If people want to discuss having to discuss rest Davies already (so soon after the winter break) to avoid ending his career prematurely, I think the bigger picture needs looked at. He's 33 with recurring fitness and injury problems. I would be surprised to see another season out of him especially at this level anyway. We need to turn our eyes to the future in my opinion.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Do we know what actually happened to Davies yesterday? Was him coming off injured due to a clash with another player (something that can happen to anyone), or a result of an existing injury recurring?

(01-25-2018, 03:13 PM)Spain Wrote: If people want to discuss having to discuss rest Davies already (so soon after the winter break) to avoid ending his career prematurely, I think the bigger picture needs looked at. He's 33 with recurring fitness and injury problems. I would be surprised to see another season out of him especially at this level anyway. We need to turn our eyes to the future in my opinion.

He will be immense for us in the Championship next season!

(01-25-2018, 03:24 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Do we know what actually happened to Davies yesterday? Was him coming off injured due to a clash with another player (something that can happen to anyone), or a result of an existing injury recurring?

He challenged for a header with Ciftci, then about a minute later the ball went out and he hit the deck and immediately made the sub gesture to the bench. It wasn't due to any heavy contact or anything, just standard defending

Davies hardly trains, he needs daily Physio treatment.

(01-25-2018, 03:09 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: I am not sure I understand the logic with folk saying Andrew Davis needs rested, we are have just had the winter shutdown, how much more rest would a player need?

I was listening to the Motherwell online coverage until the goal and could not tune in for the second half, impossible to listen to two guys reporting while 100% behind their own team, painful.

So then after watching the stats it looks like we started to play after the second goal? Stats wise looked like we were on top. Motherwell winning 2-0 with 1 shot on target really does highlight what a terrible result this was for us.

Taking positives it is game time for the new guys and hopefully we will starting clicking very shortly.

The logic would be Mark that he clearly needs more time out - that's around 5 games where he's had to come off or has limped up the tunnel....at least we have cover now in Harry Souter
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I liked the look of Souttar- rangy in the Gordon McQueen/David O'Leary mould. His powerful net-bursting header was unfortunately made worse by the stadium announcer's glee when telling us that the goal had been scored by a Ross County player. Effiong was not effective- hardly won a header, and wasn't able to control the ball. N'Gog came on and immediately won three in the air, showing evident class. So when fit he should start with Schalk (whose speed might have been good on the big Fir Park pitch) or one of the others in support.

^^^ Excellent username there.