Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell Away
Don't know how to feel about this one as we could have an entirely different squad by the time this game comes around. what I'd like to see us line up with is this:

fox
Naismith Fraser Davies New LB
New winger JO'B draper Eagles/DKD/GARDYNE
Schalk
New Striker

can't see that happening tbh but it's what I'd like, motherwell will be strong but hopefully we put this minging run behind us
MON THE STAGGIES!

Perhaps too many newbs there? How match-fit will they be for this important fixture?
Our existing squad should surely provide a decent 9 or 10 of starting line-up.

Squad has a bit of time to work hard - and fight to impress the manager for a starting place.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(01-06-2018, 04:31 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Perhaps too many newbs there? How match-fit will they be for this important fixture?
Our existing squad should surely provide a decent 9 or 10 of starting line-up.

Squad has a bit of time to work hard - and fight to impress the manager for a starting place.

we're bottom of the league and haven't won in nine games the current squad needs a boost and a few new faces in there might just do it

Any chance you could name these new guys????

Speculation thread is very quiet, will there actually be anyone new? Early days but I am a bit of an early panic merchant.

It's widely known that Motherwell are looking to further strengthen their attack, I'd be very happy if it isn't Craig.

Hoping a win in the cup before this will give the players a boost.
I'm of the opinion that this is an absolute must win game as we have Rangers and Aberdeen in the space of 4 days afterwards.
5 games in 15 days could make or break our season.

(01-07-2018, 01:27 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Any chance you could name these new guys????

Speculation thread is very quiet, will there actually be anyone new? Early days but I am a bit of an early panic merchant.

That's what I'm thinking! you'd expect a bit of urgency in terms of getting bodies in, should've had signings lined up for when the window opened.

tough games coming up too so I'm beginning to get a bit worried

It's always hard getting players to come up here - but it's going to be even more difficult to get players to come up here and sign for a team battling at the bottom of the league - tough task ahead for Coyle
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(01-08-2018, 03:51 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: It's always hard getting players to come up here - but it's going to be even more difficult to get players to come up here and sign for a team battling at the bottom of the league - tough task ahead for Coyle

Well, if he's not up for it.................

(01-08-2018, 05:06 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Well, if he's not up for it.................

I know - I just hope there are some gems about to be unveiled !

(01-08-2018, 05:43 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I know - I just hope there are some gems about to be unveiled !

He has to have some players sounded out and ready to sign.

He's supposed to have good contacts, knowledge and experience so how could he not.

We, as fans, recognise where the team needs strengthening. Surely he, with his years of top flight experience and knowledge is away ahead of us.

This basically is what we've been told since he came here so how's the time to finance the Piper!!

(01-08-2018, 03:51 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: It's always hard getting players to come up here - but it's going to be even more difficult to get players to come up here and sign for a team battling at the bottom of the league - tough task ahead for Coyle

Have great beleife we will pull away from relegation yes new signings will be brought in
If Roy sees his appointment as a mistake he will sort it out ,remember Mcstay

Motherwell similar to us in that they are having a bad run of league form, but their cup win over Hamilton might have bolstered that confidence somewhat.

Not sure how we'll line up for this either, but hopefully Coyle recognises that the midfield pairing of Draper and O'Brien is probably our strongest, most of the problems are instead in front of goal.

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson is hopeful of signing Blackpool loanee Peter Hartley on a permanent transfer. He is hoping to get Peter Hartley signed and sealed on a permanent deal as well which will be a massive news for them.
Brian Mcculloch Glasgow - Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.

(01-22-2018, 10:05 AM)Brian Mcculloch Glasgow Wrote: Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson is hopeful of signing Blackpool loanee Peter Hartley on a permanent transfer. He is hoping to get Peter Hartley signed and sealed on a permanent deal as well which will be a massive news for them.

That's nice......

After Partick losing tonight we only need to win 1 nil to move of the bottom! Mon the Staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

As previously mentioned a win tonight and we can move from the bottom! Time for the negativity to end, get behind the team and the manager!

3 points tonight could be huge for our season. Could galvanize our team for the gers and dons games. A defeat will have us wondering when will it end.

(01-24-2018, 11:42 AM)StaggieDoo Wrote: 3 points tonight could be huge for our season. Could galvanize our team for the gers and dons games. A defeat will have us wondering when will it end.

Just what I was thinking, the three points tonight could really set us up well for a tough run of fixtures.

Will be a tough game tonight - Motherwell have also strengthened their squad - so not sure if it's too early for our new guys to gel, but fingers crossed and hoping we get the three points, would be massive - I'll take anything though other than another defeat!