Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Partick thistle (last game before the winter break)
Losing against Dundee and Patrick in recent weeks (10th and 11th) proves we really aren’t good enough at the moment, I think we’ve actually gone backwards under Coyle. Major reinforcements are required in January which is always a risk. Which of the current players is Coyle actually getting the best out of?

What on earth is going on in centre midfield? There doesn’t appear to be any pecking order at all, senior players like O’Brien and Draper are filtering in and out of the squad, let alone the team. Very strange. I don’t think Coyle has any idea what his best team is, which is worrying, and leads me to wonder how much research he did before joining us.

Five points from 10th place now, we badly need a few wins, but with Aberdeen and Rangers in 2 of our next 3 fixtures, that’s going to be extremely difficult.

(12-30-2017, 06:12 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Debatable. 

Biggest game of the season, we couldn't even get numbers for a bus. 

Folk are happy to jump on the bandwagon when we are going well.

Debatable? How so? Since I won't leave my job and move back to Dingwall to ensure I can make every single game? This is 'look how much of a better supporter I am' behaviour at its worst, it's attitudes like that that do stop casual fans returning to the GES. Try encouraging people to come to games rather than attacking people for not attending when they may be unable, as in my case.

I was/am still here at Firhill.

Our team are pish, OC shouldn't be given a blank cheque he should be given a p45.

Paid £5.99 to watch that on Jags TV, bad decision, dreadful.

We are still suffering McIntyre's mess of a squad, let's see what Coyle can do in the transfer window.

(12-30-2017, 07:05 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Paid £5.99 to watch that on Jags TV, bad decision, dreadful.

We are still suffering McIntyre's mess of a squad, let's see what Coyle can do in the transfer window.

Our squad isn't that bad, banishing Draper and O'Brien from the team is disgraceful imo.

(12-30-2017, 07:05 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Paid £5.99 to watch that on Jags TV, bad decision, dreadful.

Better decision than actually going to firhill!

(12-30-2017, 06:12 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Debatable. 

Biggest game of the season, we couldn't even get numbers for a bus. 

Folk are happy to jump on the bandwagon when we are going well.

If they stay up you could go next year perhaps, then again the comfort zone of Dingwall is possibly too much to leave.

We can't get to away games if the bus doesn't run - we were booked on this one. Don't blame those who can't get there for good reason

(12-30-2017, 07:25 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Better decision than actually going to firhill!

Would have certainly gone if I had been home. Thankfully after that performance I'm somewhere where it's 1 euro a pint, I'll be erasing my memory very shortly!

Sorry to hear there wasn't enough numbers for a bus. It's harsh on those that go to every game and depend on the bus like some of those above. It's not so long ago we were promised by the much missed Ranald that a bus would run to every game no matter the numbers.

Some silly comments above, think we all need a winter break..

Today has to rank as one of the poorest performances I have seen from us in a long time. Abject, gutless performance from a team clearly lacking in confidence. In my opinion, the jury is still out on Coyle as it is still McIntyre’s team but there was some really poor decision making today. Today was the worst person I have ever seen from Davies in a County shirt who was clearly not fit so why was he playing? We were playing high balls into small strikers and Midge was taken off despite being the most likely to create something. This is going to be an incredibly important window for Coyle who must get the recruitment right or we will be cast adrift and facing relegation.

Can he be trusted with Roy's cash should be the question?

I'm positive our squad is better than what he's giving us, we're regressing at a VERY fast rate and at the same time the teams around us are picking up wins, what are we getting, HARD LUCK stories, it doesn't cut the mustard for me i'm afraid.

Would Fergie or Kets be willing to help us steady the ship? Wouldn't blame them if they wanted f all to do with it, i'd trust them with the squad and any $ more than OC.

(12-30-2017, 07:38 PM)maggiestaggie Wrote: We can't get to away games if the bus doesn't run - we were booked on this one. Don't blame those who can't get there for good reason

Ignore him,he is a wind up merchant

(12-30-2017, 11:00 PM)lothianstag Wrote: Today has to rank as one of the poorest performances I have seen from us in a long time.  Abject, gutless performance from a team clearly lacking in confidence. In my opinion, the jury is still out on Coyle as it is still McIntyre’s team but there was some really poor decision making today.  Today was the worst person I have ever seen from Davies in a County shirt who was clearly not fit so why was he playing?  We were playing high balls into small strikers and Midge was taken off despite being the most likely to create something. This is going to be an incredibly important window for Coyle who must get the recruitment right or we will be cast adrift and facing relegation.

Davies plays as he's our only proper centre half. Fraser is fine on the deck but is bullied so easily by strikers. Hoist a hanging ball to the back post from our left and strikers have a better than 50/50 chance of beating Fraser in the air.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(12-30-2017, 11:00 PM)lothianstag Wrote: Today was the worst person I have ever seen from Davies in a County shirt who was clearly not fit so why was he playing?

This probably sums up Coyle's position. One centre half who is far from fit, no replacement, an excess of midfield players who he appears to be working his way through by giving them all some game time, that being muddled by the Ryanair issue, and at a loss with strikers.

Davis' pass back is abysmal at this level, fit or not. If he is not fully fit he should not be playing. If he was fit then that standard of play from a professional player is not excusable. A lack of application has been evident for periods in a lot of recent games along with some outstanding periods of play. So we know the current pool of players can play exceptionally good football for periods but why not for 95 minutes? This was also evident under McIntyre n Dodds.

(12-30-2017, 06:21 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Debatable? How so? Since I won't leave my job and move back to Dingwall to ensure I can make every single game? This is 'look how much of a better supporter I am' behaviour at its worst, it's attitudes like that that do stop casual fans returning to the GES. Try encouraging people to come to games rather than attacking people for not attending when they may be unable, as in my case.

To be fair on the fans who regularly travel to away games - 4 away Saturdays in a row is pretty expensive at Christmas time - it’s not a cheap day out!!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-31-2017, 03:55 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: To be fair on the fans who regularly travel to away games - 4 away Saturdays in a row is pretty expensive at Christmas time - it’s not a cheap day out!!!

This is my point, there are a myriad of reasons supporters weren't at Firhill, me included, but it doesn't make them or me any less of a Staggie. I get irked by that sort of behaviour, some people need to get a bit of perspective. Not you by the way Kenny!

(12-31-2017, 04:01 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: This is my point, there are a myriad of reasons supporters weren't at Firhill, me included, but it doesn't make them or me any less of a Staggie. I get irked by that sort of behaviour, some people need to get a bit of perspective. Not you by the way Kenny!

Spot on - it’s a long season and I take my hat off to those who make every game - it’s a strain on the wallet when folk have kids, mortgages, bills and work shifts to juggle etc - I’m sad there wasn’t a bus running but only four booked on so you simply can’t run a bus regardless it’s not financially viable.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Davies should be packing his bags after that and making use of Roy's plane, he has been a passenger all season.

(12-31-2017, 10:04 PM)kenthehood Wrote: Davies should be packing his bags after that and making use of Roy's plane, he has been a passenger all season.

I would agree with you there. The weakest link in out defense

(12-31-2017, 11:18 PM)gujeecof Wrote: I would agree with you there. The weakest link in out defense

Davies hasn't been fit for the majority of the season. He's the only player (other than VDW) who wins the majority of his defensive aerial battles.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(12-31-2017, 11:18 PM)gujeecof Wrote: I would agree with you there. The weakest link in out defense

well have just finished watching the highlights and the loss of the first goal was typical of the way we have been playing the entire season
we are 20 yards inside particks half a simple 5 yard give and go pass down the line would have put real presure on there defence so what do we do turn round and kick it 70 yards back to our keeper its this kind of crap that has put us bottom of the table we are great at putting it sideways or back but point blank refuse to go forward well I have some advice for our team try kicking the ball at the opponents keeper for a change and see how that works