Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Partick thistle (last game before the winter break)
Okay so away to Partick on Saturday 30/12/17.  After an encouraging second half performance against SJ's can we dare to hope of a positive result to keep us off bottom place going into 2018?

Are there many of you fellow Staggies heading to this?  Partick have been running a special offer for their hospitality for this (£70 for two) so I'm taking a few friends to this one.

What line up / formation would you like to see OC put out for us?

I'm hopeful atm but the nerves will get to me prematch i'm sure.

1-3 to The County 
(although I may revise this  Big Grin )

I'll be going down, missed the previous Christmas games due to work/family.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Hopefully carry on from our 2nd half performance against the Saints. Was at our last game of 2016 against our now championship neighbours and would love another win to end 2017. Fingers & toes crossed. Mon the County & very best wishes to our beloved club & fellow staggies for 2018. Smile
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Just realised the supporter's bus is cancelled (can understand with the cold and snow) so I'm 50/50 again on going.

(12-29-2017, 10:47 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Okay so away to Partick on Saturday 30/12/17.  After an encouraging second half performance against SJ's can we dare to hope of a positive result to keep us off bottom place going into 2018?

Are there many of you fellow Staggies heading to this?  Partick have been running a special offer for their hospitality for this (£70 for two) so I'm taking a few friends to this one.

What line up / formation would you like to see OC put out for us?

I'm hopeful atm but the nerves will get to me prematch i'm sure.

1-3 to The County 
(although I may revise this  Big Grin )

Any reason why we shouldn't continue with the team that finished on Wednesday vs St Johnston? Only change I would consider would be O'Brien in for Lindsay.

(12-29-2017, 03:08 PM)the reaper Wrote: Any reason why we shouldn't continue with the team that finished on Wednesday vs St Johnston?  Only change I would consider would be O'Brien in for Lindsay.

I'd be all in favour of that. O'Brien for Lindsay, Draper for Chow maybe but for whatever reason our two best midfielders can't get onto the field of play.

I must admit, if fit I'd be inclined to play Davies ahead of Routis at the back every day of the week.

(12-29-2017, 03:35 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'd be all in favour of that. O'Brien for Lindsay, Draper for Chow maybe but for whatever reason our two best midfielders can't get onto the field of play.

I must admit, if fit I'd be inclined to play Davies ahead of Routis at the back every day of the week.

If Chow plays like the second half v St J, I'd have him over Draper. I've really yet to see anything from Draper to make him stand out from the others in the middle.

If Draper wasn't even on the bench on Wed, I'd be very surprised if he started this one.

And JO'B dropped for disciplinary reasons (allegedly) it will be interesting to see when/if he returns. Are we really missing him? His tackling is horrific and has cost us goals.

Some chat on P&B about the game being in doubt?

Who’s the money on to put Woods in the stand haha

(12-29-2017, 04:34 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Some chat on P&B about the game being in doubt?

No doubt I'm told, game on  Smile

It's a biggy this one, we should have beaten them at Viccy Park hopefully we can get a full 90 minutes out of our team and take the three points north.

Woods is going to either be laughably inept or score a free kick winner in the 93rd minute.

We definitely need something here, 3 points is required if we're going to have any hope of getting further up the table, we need to create a bit of separation between us and Thistle. Some good football on display second half v St J, more of that please! Line up is anyone's guess.

I'll settle for the former (laughable Woods).

Someone is going to have to do a job on him as he'll certainly be up for this game.

I'm nervous about Routis starting at centre half, or anywhere tbh. This is a bottom of the table clash, I'm not sure if he's the guy I want to fight our corner, if he starts it's in his hands to prove my doubts wrong.

No Eagles or DKD, Lindsay, Gardyne, Chow and Routis in midfield. 

McKay and Schalk upfront. 

Kelly in for Kenny, harsh on Kenny imo.

Davies starts.

Odd that 2 of our most creative wide players aren't playing?

Kelly goal chopped off for offside.

Didn't see it myself but not at the best angle to see tbh

Routis is ch with Davies, Naismith RM with Gardyne in the middle
Next to Chow btw. Looking ok tbh

(12-30-2017, 04:03 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Odd that 2 of our most creative wide players aren't playing?

DKD most creative wide player? Jury out on that one for me.

Sake a goal down already. Glad i never went now.

One down,Kris Doolan,who else.

Where's JOB? Still on the naughty step or is he injured?