Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
St Johnstone at home 27/12
(12-28-2017, 12:02 AM)county AML Wrote: got to agree first goal was nothing short of a joke Fraser was still asleep when they scored luckily for us St Johnston did not score again before HT and I mean luckily we were absolute crap all over the park I had to bite my tongue to stop me joining the boo boys at half time second half improved as the game went on and we came to life after the penalty which by the way was no more a penalty than flies through the air the tackle was a good metre outside the box

can someone tell me is Draper injured and why was J O B sitting on the bench we bemoan our midfield every week but tonight had our best ball player sitting on the bench and our stopper nowhere to be seen !!!!!????

Draper went into the managers office before the match - never a good sign so suspect he was dropped tonight - JOB must be on the naughty step as he was benched on Saturday against Hibs also
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-28-2017, 12:09 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Draper went into the managers office before the match - never a good sign so suspect he was dropped tonight - JOB must be on the naughty step as he was benched on Saturday against Hibs also

In the Coyle out thread there is a contention in a post earlier today from Mike Lorrie that a senior player was benched for disciplinary reasons.

(12-27-2017, 11:00 PM)munlochy staggie Wrote: Certainly a much better second half performance than the first. Was really disappointed in the fans booing the players at half time. I know we want to see better; but don't think this is the way to let them know that.

Cracking game second half, maybe the booing at half time hit a spot.

Embarrassing first half. Don't care one bit if the second half was better, we can't go through the season having good halves every so often. It was the same as the Kilmarnock game, except people are likely to be happier than that as it was the second half we played better in this time.

Again, question marks have to be asked about Coyle. Why can't he put 11 players out on the pitch who can play well for 90 mins?

From my seat, it looked right on the line, edge of the box, so I guess penalty was the correct decision .
Linesman was right in line and ran towards line indicating penalty, so referee took’ his view also.
Then again, some commentator reckoned the Saints goal for off side should have stood, as the Saints player was just in line, hard to say from our end, but TV will no doubt clear that one up as there is usually a camera down that end.
About time we got a rub of the green.
Still could be worse , could be a hopping Mad Fizzing Neil Lennon, reckons Hibs one was well over the line.

(12-28-2017, 01:20 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Cracking game second half, maybe the booing at half time hit a spot.

As I said earlier yesterday Davie - the stands will show passion if the product on the park does - this works both ways and the fans were only showing how concerned they were with what they were seeing in that first half - it’s not something I like to hear - but it’s totally understandable given how important this game was
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-27-2017, 11:44 PM)Ed Wrote: Excellent second half.
Not a penalty in my opinion from where I sit,the foul appeared to be just outside the box. Given so I will happily take it.
How we never scored with the goal mouth 'stramash' I will never know, but Saint Johnstone had one as well with some great blocks by the county players.
The Lyndsey substitution  appeared to be the catalyst for the upturn in the second half so well done Owen for going 3 at the back and throwing him on.
No failings in the team on the second half performance, just lacking a cutting edge.

Did I just imagine that Routis was playing CH for the 2nd half then? 

2nd half formation was still 442. OC put Lindsey on for another Davies injury, agree with Kenny saying he needs a rest. 
There was no defenders on the bench? Kelly injured? 
I thought Routis did well again at CH though.

(12-27-2017, 08:44 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Looks 442 to me. Chow and Routis in the middle, Curran and Schalk up front.

Absolutely gutless goal to give away in TWO minutes!

Continuing to blast high balls to Curran who tries his best. Fraser having worst game ever.

On a brighter note Schalk looks sharp.

I'm very encouraged after the second half performance but this has to be compared against just how insipid the first half was. We CLEARLY DO have a decent group of players but getting more than 45 minutes from them is our problem atm.

Davies going off injured for Lindsay at ht and changing to a back three was the catalyst yesterday. DKD replacing a tiring but tricky Eagles excentuated our dominance. 

The way we switched the play quickly from left to right is something I want to see more often. It caught SJ defenders out all the time as we released DKD and Naismith. I really think this is something Curran is ideally suited to take advantage of but by the time we started doing this Curran had run himself into the ground and needed replacing. 

Worthy of mention is Big Kenny, he had a really good game against a horrible opponent in Michael O'halloran(sp?). Chow will never be a fans favourite but he tracks back, covers the defence and is a solid addition to a midfield allowing others freedom to push forward. Fraser, as bad as he was in the first half (really really bad) he was far more confident in a three, without Davies. Schalk looked really good in a deeper number 10 role, he can get involved in play more and start direct runs from a deeper position, please do this again OC.

The question I'm left with after last night is whether this change was a great tactical decision or one forced upon OC due to Davies injury?? 

I'm hopeful and I AM looking forward to going to hospitality at Partick Thistle on Saturday now though.

(12-27-2017, 11:55 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Definitely delighted to see us get a rub of the green for a change - team looked much better in the second half - Alex Schalk my MOTM tonight - at the heart of everything good and always trying to get the ball down and play on the deck! Why he’s not been starting is baffling and I really hope he’s not away in January!!

I’d have started with Schalk and Mckay though as they are both more mobile and clever with their movement.

Think Routis needs to remain at the back with Fraser and give an obviously unfit Davies a rest as he’s on his last legs!!!

DKD also made a difference when he came on for Eagles who I think is a bit of a luxury at the moment - let’s the game go by him at times - Chow much better tonight - I really thought we were going to be gash like Saturday after going down a goal in two minutes with shocking defending - but that second half has given me hope that with a few quality additions we can get out of this mess!!

Exactly right, Kenny.

We need our forwards to have good touch and movement and Schalk and MacKay definitely showed that. (Hard as he tries, I'm afraid that Curran looks a bit off the pace - he's not quick enough and his control isn't up to scratch). I would definitely start with both Schalk and MacKay against Thistle, give them something to think about and try to play the game in their half.

Only thing I would add is a shout out to Lindsay, his energy and drive changed the momentum of the game in the second-half, something you won't get from Routis, who should stay at the back alongside Fraser.

yes, and Routis WAS playing centre defence after Davies had to be replaced. I thought he did well there, and it may suit him more to have the game in front of him. He and Fraser had a terrible first 45 minutes. I would be quite happy for Routis to keep that position for a while.

Pleasantly surprised to see how Chow and Lindsay seemed influential in giving us a good second half. Our midfield has been far too flaky recently and even without Jim it looked a lot better with those two last night. I also have to agree with Kenny about Alex Schalk. He was everywhere he needed to be and worked tirelessly with good control and movement.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Lindsay and Chow were pretty good.  However, that needs to be gauged by who they were playing against.  Millar and Craig are both on the wrong side of 30.  Millar provided a masterclass in the first half in terms of the way he intercepted and passed the ball in tight spaces, but as the game opened up the extra running by Chow and Lindsay began to make a difference.  It might have been a different contest had Davidson been playing - it was only on Saturday that they were physically dominated by the Hibs midfield.

Still, it was an encouraging sign ahead of the trip to Firhill.

Why do some people think we played 3 at the back for the 2nd half?
Routis was playing CH alongside Fraser with Naismith and KVW as FB's.
I admit I'd been drinking, hospitality, but not so much that I couldn't see the players.

Last time Schalk and Mackay played together was later in the second half in the home game against Aberdeen and they looked a good combination then. As has been suggested on here the problem is that Mackay has not had the service he needs to play to his best in the penalty box. He had several good chances last night and if the service he got last night was repeated then he could come good. DKD seems to have regained his confidence but is guilty of sometimes taking a turn too many. Would be thinking of starting on Saturday with the team that finished last night. Why not?

I’m a fan of DKD like many but as OC said he has things to learn. Tremendous opportunities last night for the young man to create something special but rather than taking on frantic back peddling markers he disappointingly kept turning in-field & right into the traffic allowing opposition numbers to get back behind the ball and shut up shop. He needs to be far more direct & attack minded like Michael & maybe Billy Ferries should come back to show (all the squad) how to stroll past a defender and hit the byline.

(12-28-2017, 12:13 PM)frankthetank Wrote: The question I'm left with after last night is whether this change was a great tactical decision or one forced upon OC due to Davies injury?? 

Wasn't there but caught up with Sportsound podcast today, Coyle said Davies overstretched his knee in first half and had to stay off at HT.

He also praised Schalk's performance.

I'm confused by this thread, surely Routis dropped back to CB, and we didn't play a back 3?

Routis was playing the centre alongside Fraser. 2nd half performance was amazibg, just a pity those 4 chances didn't end up in the back of the net

Please nobody else say "back 3" in relation to this game.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(12-28-2017, 04:27 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Why do some people think we played 3 at the back for the 2nd half?
Routis was playing CH alongside Fraser with Naismith and KVW as FB's.
I admit I'd been drinking, hospitality, but not so much that I couldn't see the players.

Naismith moved further forward to the right wing, Midge moved infield. 

Fraser covered right side behind Jason, Routis central, Kenny on left covering behind DKD.

Looking at the start of the second half it appeared to me to be a back 3 with Routis in place of Davies.
Happy to be told otherwise.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(12-28-2017, 10:20 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Naismith moved further forward to the right wing

Think he did really well there too. More of that crossfield ball to DKD vs Partick please!