Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
St Johnstone at home 27/12
It’s the last home game of 2017 I would take a point right now

A point would feel like a win at the moment, we need a good performance to instil a bit of confidence in the team, seems to be something we're lacking. Hopefully once they pick themselves up a bit, the results will start to come. It's also the last chance for players to impress and avoid OC replacing them in January!

Need a massive response from the team tonight - they didn't look like a team wanting to win on Saturday against Hibs, was one of the worst midfield performances I've seen from us in the top league - loads of space for Hibs to exploit and they should have scored more than two goals TBH - nobody in the team willing to make a tackle?

Anyway, that was then, hopefully tonight the team are fired up and wanting to win every ball / battle - we need 11 guys who want to get us up this league!

Lately it's simply not been good enough and their jobs are at risk - they are all lucky to have the jobs they have and the salaries they are earning - get stuck in and show the fans you want to play for this club!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Fox,Naismith,Fraser,Davies........then whatever numbers come up when the wheel is spun. After Saturdays selection anything is possible.

We really, really need a sound performance from whoever is selected and sound direction so they know what they are all doing. I wish all the players were as passionate as most who write on this site. This game is definitely winnable but will require 90. + minutes concentration by all concerned.

(12-27-2017, 12:07 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: Fox,Naismith,Fraser,Davies........then whatever numbers come up when the wheel is spun. After Saturdays selection anything is possible.

We really, really need a sound performance from whoever is selected and sound direction so they know what they are all doing.  I wish all the players were as passionate as most who write on this site. This game is definitely winnable but will require 90. + minutes concentration by all concerned.

Agreed - next two games are massive - not for the faint heart'd - win both games and other results go our way and things will look a lot different - but only 11 guys and their management team can sort this - if what's on the park shows passion, then passion will come from the stands as well!

Yup, totally agree with above. Time for the players to do the business. Another lifeless performance and OC will be well entitled to dispose of two or three. Still feel we have a very decent squad. Time for them to earn their money. COYS

Time for the players to earn their money? They should have been doing that since the start of the season! Time to get rid of the passengers. OC will have a plan give him time and a chance to bring in his own players.

◾County have gone seven games without a win - three of which have been at home.
◾St Johnstone are seeking a fourth straight away win.
◾Saints have won in their past four visits to Dingwall.
◾County have won one of their past eight meetings with the Perth side, losing four and failing to score in three of the past five.

Stats don't look great

I am not expecting much tonight. Sorry for being negative but I have no confidence in the lads getting a result (win) tonight but I would definitely take a point right now.

(12-27-2017, 05:08 PM)Deed Wrote: I am not expecting much tonight. Sorry for being negative but I have no confidence in the lads getting a result (win) tonight but I would definitely take a point right now.

Unfortunately I have the same outlook as you. Sad

I'll be wrapped up like an Inuit and hopefully leave pleasantly surprised.

(12-27-2017, 05:42 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Unfortunately I have the same outlook as you. Sad

I'll be wrapped up like an Inuit and hopefully leave pleasantly surprised.

Pete, I will be wrapped up well and urging the lads on beneath many layers and I really hope I am eating my words later and proved very wrong. Come on the Staggies, show us fight, show us a winning desire and leave it all on the pitch.

Hoping for an improvement tonight, O'Brien and Draper TOGETHER in the midfield, PLEASE for once a change! 

Fox
Naismith Fraser Davies VD Weg
O'Brien Draper
Eagles McKay Gardyne
Curran

I'd have Gardyne on the left as his work rate will help Kenny out hopefully.

Looks 442 to me. Chow and Routis in the middle, Curran and Schalk up front.

Absolutely gutless goal to give away in TWO minutes!

Continuing to blast high balls to Curran who tries his best. Fraser having worst game ever.

On a brighter note Schalk looks sharp.

1-1 never a Penalty as it was outside the box but we'll take it after the decisions we've put up with lately.

Pleased with a point, takes us off the bottom on goal difference. We've had enough controversial decisions against us recently so I'll defs take the penalty, will be interested to see the highlights, as I wasn't able to be at the game.

Also interested to hear how the team looked compared to the last couple of games.

I can't believe after the disaster of a first half I'm gutted with only a point. We were shockingly bad until the penalty, but afterwards should have scored 1 or 2 more! Quite how we missed three consecutive chances from about 6 yards out I'll never know.

Certainly a much better second half performance than the first. Was really disappointed in the fans booing the players at half time. I know we want to see better; but don't think this is the way to let them know that.

Excellent second half.
Not a penalty in my opinion from where I sit,the foul appeared to be just outside the box. Given so I will happily take it.
How we never scored with the goal mouth 'stramash' I will never know, but Saint Johnstone had one as well with some great blocks by the county players.
The Lyndsey substitution appeared to be the catalyst for the upturn in the second half so well done Owen for going 3 at the back and throwing him on.
No failings in the team on the second half performance, just lacking a cutting edge.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(12-27-2017, 11:44 PM)Ed Wrote: Excellent second half.
Not a penalty in my opinion from where I sit,the foul appeared to be just outside the box. Given so I will happily take it.
How we never scored with the goal mouth 'stramash' I will never know, but Saint Johnstone had one as well with some great blocks by the county players.
The Lyndsey substitution appeared to be the catalyst for the upturn in the second half so well done Owen for going 3 at the back and throwing him on.
No failings in the team on the second half performance, just lacking a cutting edge.

Pretty much this ^^. Came away thoroughly depressed after the Kilmarnock game but tonight was a MUCH better performance, should have won imo.

(12-27-2017, 10:45 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Pleased with a point, takes us off the bottom on goal difference. We've had enough controversial decisions against us recently so I'll defs take the penalty, will be interested to see the highlights, as I wasn't able to be at the game.

Also interested to hear how the team looked compared to the last couple of games.

Definitely delighted to see us get a rub of the green for a change - team looked much better in the second half - Alex Schalk my MOTM tonight - at the heart of everything good and always trying to get the ball down and play on the deck! Why he’s not been starting is baffling and I really hope he’s not away in January!!

I’d have started with Schalk and Mckay though as they are both more mobile and clever with their movement.

Think Routis needs to remain at the back with Fraser and give an obviously unfit Davies a rest as he’s on his last legs!!!

DKD also made a difference when he came on for Eagles who I think is a bit of a luxury at the moment - let’s the game go by him at times - Chow much better tonight - I really thought we were going to be gash like Saturday after going down a goal in two minutes with shocking defending - but that second half has given me hope that with a few quality additions we can get out of this mess!!

(12-27-2017, 08:44 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Looks 442 to me. Chow and Routis in the middle, Curran and Schalk up front.

Absolutely gutless goal to give away in TWO minutes!

Continuing to blast high balls to Curran who tries his best. Fraser having worst game ever.

On a brighter note Schalk looks sharp.

got to agree first goal was nothing short of a joke Fraser was still asleep when they scored luckily for us St Johnston did not score again before HT and I mean luckily we were absolute crap all over the park I had to bite my tongue to stop me joining the boo boys at half time second half improved as the game went on and we came to life after the penalty which by the way was no more a penalty than flies through the air the tackle was a good metre outside the box

can someone tell me is Draper injured and why was J O B sitting on the bench we bemoan our midfield every week but tonight had our best ball player sitting on the bench and our stopper nowhere to be seen !!!!!????