Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hibs Away 23/12
That was pretty grim viewing. Roy is going to need to open the cheque book in January.

Looks like the Highland derby is back on again next year! Never liked the premier league anyway, merry Christmas

Looks like the jobs for the boys, old pals act isn't paying off, will reserve judgement until end of January and see who comes in , hope we're not all saying Roy, you called it wrong, this ones no better than Willie macstay.

Draper off for Lindsay said it all for me today, since Eagles came in the left back has had to mark two men.
Chow and Mackay were shocking . Davies sauntering about , too many players obviously don't give a f..k. the same scenario every January. this time I think we are going down. Hibs by miles were the better team and thoroughly deserved the win, but I would like to see the goal that was chalked off for offside, it looked level to me.

At what point do we start getting worried..

(12-23-2017, 05:46 PM)Ross county 7676 Wrote: What's coyle got against alex schalk?

Think its now pretty clear both Schalk amd Mikklesen are seen as surplus to requirements and if they can get fixed up elsewhere will surely depart in January. Schalk has had about 200 minutes under Coyle and Mikklesen even less in 13 matches so clearly Owen cannot rate them too highly.

Unfortunately McKay cannot seem to buy a goal but seems now to be a bit more in favour.

Coyle has persisted with Curran who after a barren spell in front of goal has scored a couple in open play in recent weeks.

Given the chopping and changing in midfield it looks as if Owen still is unsure of his strongest line up.

Possibly only Curran of the current strike force will remain post January?

(12-23-2017, 11:50 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: At what point do we start getting worried..

That was at the point when our chairman inexplicably chose a man who had spectacularly failed over the last ten years to be our new manager.

Sounds like we were gash, hope those that went had a good day out anyway.

We are really poor, and doomed if we don't have a good January transfer window. We'll soon see what Coyle and McGinlay have been up to, let's pray it's a level above McIntyre.

The first problem tp be addressed should be the goalkeeper. Fox is a great stopper be refused to release the ball quickly. yesterday . Hibs defenders just ambled back into position knowing he would still be standing clutching the ball . By the time he decided to get rid of it even our defenders were marked so there was no short outball so had to settle for big punt up the field to a strong back line facing the ball against a smaller attack . A no win situation time and time again. Get the goalkeeping coach to sort it out before the next 2 games and we will start to see an improvement in our position

Had a quick watch of the highlights the SPFL put up today and Mckay's goal didn't look offside to me at all. That'd be the second time in the last few games we've had one of those go against us, the one at tynecastle springs to mind.

(12-24-2017, 11:00 AM)gujeecof Wrote: The first problem tp be addressed should be the goalkeeper. Fox is a great stopper be refused to release the ball quickly. yesterday . Hibs defenders just ambled back into position knowing he would still be standing clutching the ball . By the time he decided to get rid of it even our defenders were marked so there was no short outball so had to settle for big punt up the field to a strong back line facing the ball against a smaller attack . A no win situation time and time again. Get the goalkeeping coach to sort it out before the next 2 games and we will start to see an improvement in our position

Nope.
We have problems, but Fox isn't one of them.

(12-24-2017, 11:00 AM)gujeecof Wrote: The first problem tp be addressed should be the goalkeeper. Fox is a great stopper be refused to release the ball quickly. yesterday . Hibs defenders just ambled back into position knowing he would still be standing clutching the ball . By the time he decided to get rid of it even our defenders were marked so there was no short outball so had to settle for big punt up the field to a strong back line facing the ball against a smaller attack . A no win situation time and time again. Get the goalkeeping coach to sort it out before the next 2 games and we will start to see an improvement in our position

A very valid point.  McCarey might have his shortcomings, but County played their best football under Coyle when being able to build from the back with McCarey's quick rolls or throws out to the defenders.  Fox is becoming ever more conservative with how he distributes and it's holding the team back.  He might as well have just hoofed the ball to a spare Hibs player and save the time in Mckay losing a header and County not competing the second ball.

The 'anywhere first' clearances by Van der Weg didn't help either yesterday, but the lack of willingness by the midfielders to pass or even show for the ball was the biggest issue.  Neither Chow nor Draper made a pass of note before 40 mins.  It shouldn't be understated how poor it was to see three central midfielders bossed by Hibs' two, who didn't even have particularly strong performances.

A very discouraging performance overall.

(12-24-2017, 05:50 PM)john@THHP Wrote: A very valid point.  McCarey might have his shortcomings, but County played their best football under Coyle when being able to build from the back with McCarey's quick rolls or throws out to the defenders.  Fox is becoming ever more conservative with how he distributes and it's holding the team back.  He might as well have just hoofed the ball to a spare Hibs player and save the time in Mckay losing a header and County not competing the second ball.

I disagree. I have no doubt that the decision to play the ball from the goalkeeper to the back four is over the head of the goalie. It's a management decision. There was a period under McIntyre when we used to do it regularly and it invariably led to uncomfortable possession fallowed by a turnover or a hump up the park. If Fox is playing the ball long from goal kicks it's because he is being told to by the GK coach who is being told from above.

Who would you trust Fox playing the ball short to? Not Davis, Fraser or Kenny for me. Jim O'B dropping deep? Maybe, but how often does he do that?

I'm all for creative play from the back, but my take on it is that the management has advised against it and therefore cant blame Fox.

If it’s the manager’s decision for the ‘keeper to lump it long when the ball is in his hands then we’re in even more trouble then I bargained for.

(12-24-2017, 09:52 PM)john@THHP Wrote: If it’s the manager’s decision for the ‘keeper to lump it long when the ball is in his hands then we’re in even more trouble then I bargained for.

Indeed. Buckle up for a rocky sleigh ride!