Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.67 Average
Coyle Out
I was going to come on here and 'bump' this thread after just getting back from today's disaster, but looks like it's well and truly been done already!

Funny how I got a lot of things thrown at me calling me a troll when I started this thread, yet now a good portion of the fan base have since turned on Coyle too. I'm not looking so daft anymore!

Deeply concerning what is happening to the club. OC's tactics alone are enough for him to be deserving of the sack, but now he is banishing senior players too? Who does he think he is? What Coyle and Roy McGregor are doing to our club is scandalous. Here comes yet another January of short term fixes. Even if we do stay up, it'll be the same again next season. The sooner we get rid of Coyle and sign a manager who is willing to play our young players, like, uh, the Dev league title winning manager who is right on out doorstep, the better.

(12-31-2017, 01:45 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I was going to come on here and 'bump' this thread after just getting back from today's disaster, but looks like it's well and truly been done already!

Funny how I got a lot of things thrown at me calling me a troll when I started this thread, yet now a good portion of the fan base have since turned on Coyle too. I'm not looking so daft anymore!

Deeply concerning what is happening to the club. OC's tactics alone are enough for him to be deserving of the sack, but now he is banishing senior players too? Who does he think he is? What Coyle and Roy McGregor are doing to our club is scandalous. Here comes yet another January of short term fixes. Even if we do stay up, it'll be the same again next season. The sooner we get rid of Coyle and sign a manager who is willing to play our young players, like, uh, the Dev league title winning manager who is right on out doorstep, the better.

"What Roy Mcgregor is doing to our club is scandalous" just you calm yourself haha

I’m not one to call for a managers head, especially not this early but it is getting worrying. We’ve taken 2 points out a possible 22 and with Rangers and abaerdeen coming up it can only get worse. Why can’t the manager see playing Draper and O’B together or Draper, O’B and routis together is what we need to do??? Regardless if there’s an off field issue is it worth getting relegated for? We’re going backwards. We’re playing CRAIG CURRAN out wide while Eagles is on the Bench. Our most exciting prospect in years DKD has been frozen to the bench when we clearly need some pace creativity and flare. Draper is benched or not included at all, same with Jim O’B. I just don’t get it. I’m for giving him a transfer window but it’s concerning that not one player seems to have improved under him. Worrying times

There is no doubt we are worse under Coyle at the moment. Things were not great under JM but our target then was top six. Now its survival and that looks very unlikely.
However I think Roy has been quite cunning here because I do believe that that Coyle will steer us back into the SPL as that's where his strengths lie.
Coyle reminds me too much of Davie Moyes - successful at one club and bloody murder at every other club they take over.
I think in Coyle we have a decent Championship manager.

(12-31-2017, 01:45 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I was going to come on here and 'bump' this thread after just getting back from today's disaster, but looks like it's well and truly been done already!

I gave Coyle a bye until now. The window is the time to see what he's got lined up and where we are going. Motherwell first is not an easy game.

In regards to the player fallout, it seems a recurring theme with Adams and Jim both falling out with players as well.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

What exactly has happened with these 3 players?

(12-30-2017, 06:45 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: If OC had applied for a job at Global Energy he would not even have been considered for interview after scrutiny of his cv.

I'm sure Roy McGregor is reading this thread for advice.

(12-30-2017, 06:25 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Coyle's ego getting in the way of team affairs is wrong. We're going backwards ffs!

Some are wanting MacGregor to give him new team, easier to get a new PROPER manager.

I am one of those who wants to give Coyle the chance to bring in 2 or 3 of his own players as I think that is all we need we already have a good squad of players however like you I believe that his ego is hurting our club players should only be dropped if they are injured playing poorly or are not fully committed to the club he has no wright to drop players for any other reason his job is to field the best team possible regardless of his personnel opinion of them if he is unable to do this then yes he has to go

This thread is all about reading in between the lines, and I have no clue what is going on. Obviously various parties have various but not willing to spell it out...

I keep hearing things about the "Ryanair 3" of which I asume JOB is part of.

(12-31-2017, 01:53 PM)Despot Wrote: I keep hearing things about the "Ryanair 3" of which I asume JOB is part of.

Presumably Draper is another, not sure about the third, or what it relates to...

(12-31-2017, 02:16 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Presumably Draper is another, not sure about the third, or what it relates to...

No matter what it was about you do not drop players as punishment. There is a process of verbal and written warnings for discipline at work. During this period staff are expected to attend and carry out the work they are employed for. The only exception is if someone is suspended pending an investigation into a disciplinary issue. This is related to a perceived risk to the business or to personnel in the workplace.
I
Do not expect any comments from the club as they have to keep any disciplinary issues confidential. Highly likely normal service will resume later in January once hot collars have a cooling off period.

(12-31-2017, 01:49 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: This thread is all about reading the lines, and I have no clue what is going on. Obviously various parties have various but not willing to spell it out...

Mark,Coyle has them training only two and a half days a week,and they hardly trained after their Dublin trip. Something is not right when senior players are getting dropped.

(12-31-2017, 03:08 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Mark,Coyle has them training only two and a half days a week,and they hardly trained after their Dublin trip. Something is not right when senior players are getting dropped.
Is this the whole squad only training two and a half days a week? Can you clarify your statement please?

(12-31-2017, 01:04 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: I'm sure Roy McGregor is reading this thread for advice.

Thank you for this pertinent observation. Best giggle I've had for a while.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Heard that Curran, Midge and O’Brien were the three involved and I’d say the three of them need to grow up and realise our league position and decide if they want to still have a future at the club - that’s MHO - no place for comedians at the moment - please get your act together and your sleeves rolled up!!!

Fun is fun, but when it gets disruptive it needs snubbed out - I simply wouldn’t stand for this at work and would be looking to bin the disruptive influence and sharpish!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Jim O'Brien has been good for us but I'm afraid if the rumours of indiscipline are true then I would back the manager totally (even if I don't think he's doing a great job atm), there's no place for that in a team environment.

I'm scratching my head with the Draper situation, thought he'd be a cracking player for us, no doubt one of the stronger CMs in the league. Is it that we're just not set up like the Caley team he did so well in.

I too am deeply concerned. Don't want to say "told you so" but I really didn't fancy the Coyle appointment. He came to us with no momentum and hardly a good (recent) track record, in saying that, offered the choice between him and Steve Clark at the time I would certainly have gone for Coyle, so what do I know!

What stands out for me is that a 'better' manager should be able to get a little more out of the existing pool of players than his 'unsuccessful' predecessor, that undoubtedly just has not happened. It may have been that Jim n Billy's time was up but I honestly believe we'd be a few points better off if they hadn't gone.

How did Woods do yesterday btw............?!

(12-31-2017, 03:32 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Heard that Curran, Midge and O’Brien were the three involved and I’d say the three of them need to grow up and realise our league position and decide if they want to still have a future at the club - that’s MHO - no place for comedians at the moment - please get your act together and your sleeves rolled up!!!

Fun is fun, but when it gets disruptive it needs snubbed out - I simply wouldn’t stand for this at work and would be looking to bin the disruptive influence and sharpish!

Odd that's it's only JOB that's seen his playing time cut if 3 were involved? Obviously we don't know the details, there could have been a sliding scale of indiscipline, just odd that one has been dropped totally and the other 2 are still playing, quite the thing.

(12-31-2017, 03:59 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Jim O'Brien has been good for us but I'm afraid if the rumours of indiscipline are true then I would back the manager totally (even if I don't think he's doing a great job atm), there's no place for that in a team environment.

I'm scratching my head with the Draper situation, thought he'd be a cracking player for us, no doubt one of the stronger CMs in the league. Is it that we're just not set up like the Caley team he did so well in.

I too am deeply concerned. Don't want to say "told you so" but I really didn't fancy the Coyle appointment. He came to us with no momentum and hardly a good (recent) track record, in saying that, offered the choice between him and Steve Clark at the time I would certainly have gone for Coyle, so what do I know!

What stands out for me is that a 'better' manager should be able to get a little more out of the existing pool of players than his 'unsuccessful' predecessor, that undoubtedly just has not happened. It may have been that Jim n Billy's time was up but I honestly believe we'd be a few points better off if they hadn't gone.

I think Draper doesn't work with what's around him at the minute. I always remember him being further forward with Caley, using his size to brush off opposing players (poor Ketts in derbies who tried but just couldn't budge him) and without a mobile, quicker player next to him it's like having a glass cannon. JOB has skill, passing range and a good shot but is defensively very, very weak.

(12-31-2017, 03:59 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Jim O'Brien has been good for us but I'm afraid if the rumours of indiscipline are true then I would back the manager totally (even if I don't think he's doing a great job atm), there's no place for that in a team environment.

As I’ve said before - blaming “McIntyre’s Squad” for our current situation is naive - Steve Clarke has done an amazing job with a squad Lee McCulloch had heading for relegation end of the league - on paper we have a stronger squad than Dundee, Partick, Hamilton and Kilmarnock, but what we are lacking that these teams have is grit and fight in our team - some of our players don’t look up for the scrap ahead - that needs sorted fast!!

I also thought that Draper was exactly what we needed in midfield - but that signing hasn’t worked as well as I thought. I was very excited about Mckay signing and I still think he can come good but needs service!!

Transfer window again and asking Roy to open the cheque book again - it’s worrying indeed!!
Supporter Liaison Officer