Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1.67 Average
Coyle Out
(12-27-2017, 07:04 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Players have to take responsibility on and off the field as well as I know Coyle in the past week has had to deal with alleged off field discipline resulting in a senior player been dropped to the bench as well as 2 other senior players involved.

The Ryanair three?

Some good points in your post, McIntyre should have been punted at the end of last season.

(12-28-2017, 12:45 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: The Ryanair three?

Some good points in your post, McIntyre should have been punted at the end of last season.

Correct

Coyle has to go now. He is completely clueless as we were warned by so many down south. He leaves JOB and Draper out and is completely unable to motivate and manage the team. No wins in the last 9 games is completely unacceptable. He can take Fraser, Davies, Kelly, Lindsay, Chow, Dow, Eagles and Mackay with him as far as I am concerned.

Coyle's ego getting in the way of team affairs is wrong. We're going backwards ffs!

Some are wanting MacGregor to give him new team, easier to get a new PROPER manager.

If OC had applied for a job at Global Energy he would not even have been considered for interview after scrutiny of his cv. Unemployed and unable to find a job for almost a year, failure and dismissal at his previous job, failure and dismissal at the job before that which he had had to go abroad to find, and failure at the two jobs before that, with the success at the beginning of his career a distant memory. The only reason for his appointment that I can think of is that his being a smooth talking, church-going, teetotal, family man took precedence over his management capabilities.

I enjoyed Mike Lowrie's comments above. Trumpeting the fact that OC's win percentage was better than JM's latter percentage at an unbelievably bad 23% - it's 21% now. ( and the first Kilmarnock game didn't really count did it?)

I also admire Mike's optimism that we will be half way up the league by April. OC's taken us straight down to the bottom - 5 points adrift already.

Why do I get the feeling that even if we signed Messi and Kane in the transfer window, we'd still end up near the bottom of the league with OC in charge. Please let me be wrong.

I don't appreciate Mike's inference that those of us who were dismayed at the appointment of OC are not real County supporters. Quite the opposite. Because I'm such a big fan and want to see County do well I was horrified at his appointment. Events so far have not changed my opinion.

I told my wife that we were relegated the day OC put pen to paper. I fervently hope I'll be eating humble pie in a few months' time.

(12-30-2017, 06:02 PM)skelbomark Wrote: Coyle has to go now. He is completely clueless as we were warned by so many down south. He leaves JOB and Draper out and is completely unable to motivate and manage the team. No wins in the last 9 games is completely unacceptable. He can take Fraser, Davies, Kelly, Lindsay, Chow, Dow, Eagles and Mackay with him as far as I am concerned.

What utter twaddle , back the manager , players and they will come thru, or are u happy to be relegated where the football is CHEAPER,back the manager ffs

Coyle is still trying to find a team that works with what he's been left with.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I have faith that we will be OK. Its a poor run we are on, but some fresh faces will see us turn things around. It will be a long haul and I am not expecting a transformed team in January, but we will be fine.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(12-30-2017, 07:04 PM)Despot Wrote: Coyle is still trying to find a team that works with what he's been left with.

He could try O'Brien and Draper maybe.

(12-30-2017, 07:30 PM)frankthetank Wrote: He could try O'Brien and Draper maybe.

I'm not convinced they work as a pair. Too slow and only one can tackle.

Lets be honest its the whole team not just the manager.

Its not the players they are good enough for mid table. Its the manager that is the problem. He is incompetent and clueless. Look what a good manager has done with Kilmarnock wit players no better than hours. He has to go or its the end of our time in the top flight.

Something that's become particularly apparent in recent weeks - our summer recruitment was woefully inadequate for what this season is an extremely competitive league (or at least the 5/6 team mini-league we're realistically in). Coyle needs to be given the opportunity next month to try and rectify that
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(12-30-2017, 08:37 PM)Despot Wrote: I'm not convinced they work as a pair. Too slow and only one can tackle.

Not convinced, how many minutes out of the last NINE GAMES have they played together??

155 minutes out of 810, that's nowhere near enough to be given a chance imo.

OC has questions to answer, we're a small team, who really can't/shouldn't be relying on Uncle Roy's cheque book again, our squad isn't THAT bad, it embarrassing and unsustainable in a Gretna fashion,and a road I WISH WE WOULDN'T GO DOWN JUST TO SAVE US FROM A $HITE MANAGER.

(03-23-2017, 01:46 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Getting better Pete, cheers  Smile

Eric Black.........Doubt we could afford the side payment!

Steve Clarke is unemployed at the moment.
Scottish with lots of experience and contacts.

This is a post I made on the if JM leaves who could replace him thread in March of this year. There was no takers at the time but I'm pretty sure there would be now. Shame Roy wasn't reading at the time!

Very much a shame, just imagine what a proper manager could have done?

Hard to do much worse, right enough!

(12-30-2017, 09:00 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Not convinced, how many minutes out of the last NINE GAMES have they played together??

155 minutes out of 810, that's nowhere near enough to be given a chance imo.

OC has questions to answer, we're a small team, who really can't/shouldn't be relying on Uncle Roy's cheque book again, our squad isn't THAT bad, it embarrassing and unsustainable in a Gretna fashion,and a road I WISH WE WOULDN'T GO DOWN JUST TO SAVE US FROM A $HITE MANAGER.

To be fair, O'Brien has been suspended and injured in that time as well.

Maybe they will work together. Certainly better than O'Brien with Lindsay or Routis.

Owen Coyle was a poor and hasty appointment. His previous clubs have mostly ended in relegation, I realise he talks a good talk but he is conning the fans and club and he should go now. Personally we should appoint a manager who knows the club and I would have no problem in a rookie like Kettlewell or Lawson albeit both are untried. After all Coyle is living in the past and reliant on exploits from 10 years ago, the signing of Eagles is a classic mistake of a professional journeyman and hinders the progress of Keilor-Dunn and others from the development squad. We have a good squad but it does need overhauling especially the defence and left back positions. I would agree with other posts that you should not leave O'Brien and Draper on the bench or not included at all, you cannot beat experience at this level. With regards to forwards a big man/little man would work well. Schalk and Mikkelsen would be a good combination if given a chance.

If we do go down and there is a good chance of this we as a club should promote our youth players mixed with a few experienced professionals.

Always be a County fan and I am saddened to what is happening at the moment

(12-30-2017, 10:25 PM)markanthony Wrote: Owen Coyle was a poor and hasty appointment. His previous clubs have mostly ended in relegation, I realise he talks a good talk but he is conning the fans and club and he should go now. Personally we should appoint a manager who knows the club and I would have no problem in a rookie like Kettlewell or Lawson albeit both are untried. After all Coyle is living in the past and reliant on exploits from 10 years ago, the signing of Eagles is a classic mistake of a professional journeyman and hinders the progress of Keilor-Dunn and others from the development squad. We have a good squad but it does need overhauling especially the defence and left back positions. I would agree with other posts that you should not leave O'Brien and Draper on the bench or not included at all, you cannot beat experience at this level. With regards to forwards a big man/little man would work well. Schalk and Mikkelsen would be a good combination if given a chance.

If we do go down and there is a good chance of this we as a club should promote our youth players mixed with a few experienced professionals.

Always be a County fan and I am saddened to what is happening at the moment

It's sad to see what seems to be the managers Ego getting in the way of team affairs, we're right in the $hit just now, have been for three or four weeks now yet our tried and tested, experienced campaigners are BANISHED, wtf is that all about?

Don't tell me they have a wee niggle injury, if so why was O'Brien an unused sub against SJ and Draper an unused sub today at PT, if they were unfit they'd be nowhere near he bench. I'm not happy if someone's ego is interfering with MY TEAMS affairs, and that's exactly how it looks to me. Roy has to hold his hands up and say he made a bad call, enough is enough.

Ok,Draper and Obrien dropped,people on this forum "in the know" ,commenting on Ryanair Three ?. What has gone on in the past fortnight, anyone got the b*lls to tell us? Because something is wrong with our club.