Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.67 Average
Coyle Out
(02-11-2018, 12:01 PM)Spain Wrote: To be clear, there is a difference between asking OTB to send an e-mail on your behalf (which there have been a grand total of 3 to date) and the private messages. These OTB e-mails are the ones that sit in the system as they've gone from the OTB outbox and would be the only ones Boff could have meant. The "private messages" themselves I don't see, but I'd still strongly advise against sending bank details or anything through this site. This is a free public forum, nothing more. We don't ask for your bank details, the information we have to protect is the information that we ask for. Which incidentally, doesn't mean that the staff aren't allowed to see it (your e-mail address for example).

Anyway, how about we talk about some football instead?

So first of all you said you had access to Private messages and now you are saying you don't, which is it? To be honest you have not really answered anything, or made anything clearer from this post.

I would rather talk football also, but guess your reasoning is to take the focus from yourself?

I don't really care to be honest. I've pretty much had enough of this place anyway, so crack on.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(02-11-2018, 01:28 PM)Spain Wrote: I don't really care to be honest. I've pretty much had enough of this place anyway, so crack on.

Fair enough, just avoid the question yet again.

All move on, nothing to see here....

(02-11-2018, 02:07 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Fair enough, just avoid the question yet again.

All move on, nothing to see here....

What question? There's a difference between me not answering a question and you not understanding the answer.

I've answered so try and read it back, have a look at your settings to check.

There are two distinctly different means of contacting people directly on here.

You can send an internal "private message" through the system. I don't see these, and you can't report these.

Or, you can setup the site to allow you to receive e-mails (to your actual personal e-mail address) from users which are sent via the overthebridge system. These, essentially sent through our e-mail address, are visible in our outbox - because it's us that are sending them. To date, there have been three of these in total sent. One of these ironically was to the "admin" account anyway.

The latter, would have been what Boff would have been referring to as private messages wouldn't have made any difference to him if he'd just logged out and left the site. But the system shows that he hadn't actually been sent any.

Now, I've wasted enough of my Sunday with this nonsense. If you want to raise a formal complaint, send a message to Adrian. Also, Adrian I'm more than happy to step down if you want. I've quite frankly had enough.

(02-11-2018, 02:31 PM)Spain Wrote: What question? There's a difference between me not answering a question and you not understanding the answer.

I've answered so try and read it back, have a look at your settings to check.

There are two distinctly different means of contacting people directly on here.

You can send an internal "private message" through the system. I don't see these, and you can't report these.

Or, you can setup the site to allow you to receive e-mails (to your actual personal e-mail address) from users which are sent via the overthebridge system. These, essentially sent through our e-mail address, are visible in our outbox - because it's us that are sending them. To date, there have been three of these in total sent. One of these ironically was to the "admin" account anyway.

The latter, would have been what Boff would have been referring to as private messages wouldn't have made any difference to him if he'd just logged out and left the site. But the system shows that he hadn't actually been sent any.

Now, I've wasted enough of my Sunday with this nonsense. If you want to raise a formal complaint, send a message to Adrian. Also, Adrian I'm more than happy to step down if you want. I've quite frankly had enough.

I am trying to wind you up but you are obviously a bit sensitive.

You were specifically asked if you had access to private messages which you said you did in theory, but gave a whole host of reasons why do don't look. You then said you did not have access to private message, and went on a ramble about emails Vs private messages. I only asked you to clarify as it looked as you changed your tune. If you were clear from the start these messages would not exist. I specifically asked if you had access or not and you DID not give any sort of straight answer.

To be frank I feel you are behaving like a 5 year old not getting your own way when you are only been asked legitimate, simple questions. Why make such a meal out of it? If you were open from the outset this would not have happened. Simple?

I have no reason to complain and obviously wont be. However I am really not sure why the reaction to simple questions.

(02-11-2018, 02:57 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: I am trying to wind you up but you are obviously a bit sensitive.

I'm just giving up a chunk of my own time trying to keep this place afloat when I don't even really post on it and all I get is abuse and hassle all the time. Nice to know I'm appreciated though.

Time to draw a line under this.

Spain, I have no desire to see you step down and value the time and assistance you give.

OTB is a forum giving county fans to have a place to discuss the club. Over the years I've had less and less time to monitor the site, and was on the verge of pulling the plug a few years ago. However a few regular users agreed to help out by taking on additional  administrator roles.  All involved volunteer their time for no reward, and rather than try to raise money through advertising I've continued funding the hosting servers etc. to keep the site going.

Just to be clear, if it gets to the point that the other administrators feel they no longer wish to be involved, the site will close...