Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Accies away 16th Dec
We clearly need another centre back, we ship goals for fun without Davies. We can’t concede two goals in each of the games against the teams around us (Dundee, Kilmarnock, Hamilton) and expect to pick up wins.

(12-17-2017, 09:12 AM)StaggieDoo Wrote: County are only going one way under Coyle I'm afraid. We have a good squad of players, better than the likes of Hamilton and Kilmarnock. To be struggling like we are is embarrasing. I expect us to be bottom come the new year.

No, we don't.

Our squad is a mess

Do we expect any further sanctions from the scrap at the end? I'd be surprised if Skondras(?) didn't get a retrospective ban. It was easy for him to bully Davis K-D, but when big Kenny steams in it's a different ball game.

Just watched the highlights. The ref giving the free kick that led to Accies third is absolutely unfathomable, ref had a good view of the incident, there was quite obviously no contact from Naismith, you can see Imrie's leg just slipping out from under him. Imrie also complicit in Jamie Lindsay's OG, pushing him into the path of the ball. Skondras deserves the book well and truly lobbed at him for his antics at the end.

Hope our management team were watching that Hearts performance - never let Celtic play and some good youngsters on show - great result for them!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Great week end for the old firm. It shows they can be beat and quite easy sometimes. I think teams (like us) give them far too much respect rather than getting stuck in.

Check the first few posts on the Celtic 18th November thread.
Just saying, and Murray Aberdeen Stag kicked it off.

(12-17-2017, 10:52 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Great week end for the old firm.  It shows they can be beat and quite easy sometimes.  I think teams (like us) give them far too much respect rather than getting stuck in.

Think the state we are in we shouldn’t gloat on the problems of other teams! We are the joke team of the league at the moment and our energies should focus positively on Ross County not negatively on the hatred of others! 
Every time we play Imrie, he seeems to own us. Yesterday was the most glaring example yet. We need to be streetwise and stop nurturing useless Celtic players!

I just believe we are better than this. To not get a win against the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Dundee is very concerning. Beating the teams around us is what kept us up last year. I don't doubt we need a centre half and a striker but the worry is we are looking to rely on somebody coming in and being an instant hit. Historically our signings are hit and miss. We have become a team that capitulates very easily. Concerning times.

(12-17-2017, 11:37 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Think the state we are in we shouldn’t gloat on the problems of other teams! We are the joke team of the league at the moment and our energies should focus positively on Ross County not negatively on the hatred of others! 
Every time we play Imrie, he seeems to own us. Yesterday was the most glaring example yet. We need to be streetwise and stop nurturing useless Celtic players!

Id agree that nurturing useless players is a bad idea, but the "Celtic" part seems redundant.
We've had quite a lot of success previously nurturing Celtic players, hopefully Jamie Lindsay comes good.

I don't think we are the joke team of the league at the moment, there's a few that are distracting attention from our troubles. Chin up mun.

The defending at times was utter laughable. We need some signings ASAP. I believe we just need a bit of luck too. Could easily of snuck something at the end there.

I think if we can add a decent striker - someone with a bit of power and height - a powerful defender as backup for Davies, and a midfield ball-winner we'd be in a much better place.

Our squad is not as bad as people think, I just feel we are missing Boyce big style and our defence is getting exposed at the moment as we are getting caught on the break and our midfield are pushing up field!

We never have been great (since the 40 game unbeaten run team) at defending as a team - the midfield need to close up and help out the defence when we are not in possession - we have enough attacking play, we are just lacking that cutting edge up front!

If we still had LIam Boyce, I honestly think we'd be in the top six right now....I think we'd have beaten Killie, Dundee and Hamilton comfortably if we had someone like Boyce up front!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-18-2017, 02:32 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: a midfield ball-winner 

Draper?

(12-18-2017, 02:48 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Draper?

No he's a tailor, but close.

(12-18-2017, 04:00 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: No he's a tailor, but close.

Alex Taylor now he was a decent midfielder

(12-18-2017, 02:48 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Draper?

Exactly, we have been screaming out for a Draper type player to shore up our midfield, then against the likes of killie he's sitting on the bench with Lindsay & Routis selected ahead of him.

Bad luck in several games now, questionable management too I'm afraid to say.

(12-17-2017, 11:37 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Think the state we are in we shouldn’t gloat on the problems of other teams! We are the joke team of the league at the moment and our energies should focus positively on Ross County not negatively on the hatred of others! 

Sorry did I dis your "big team"??

To be honest is it not good for the league that someone pumps the teams that are pumping us week in week out?  I don't hate anyone, just like to see a bit of decent competition.

(12-18-2017, 08:19 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Sorry did I dis your "big team"??

To be honest is it not good for the league that someone pumps the teams that are pumping us week in week out?  I don't hate anyone, just like to see a bit of decent competition.
Very true.

(12-18-2017, 06:29 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Exactly, we have been screaming out for a Draper type player to shore up our midfield, then against the likes of killie he's sitting on the bench with Lindsay & Routis selected ahead of him.

Bad luck in several games now, questionable management too I'm afraid to say.

I don't think Draper has looked anywhere near a 100k player so far, I'm not convinced he's the midfield saviour we all want him to be. From what I've seen so far, he's done best when deployed further forward, running interference on teams trying to play out from the back, he's not really looked like a dominant ball winner, which everyone seems to expect.

He's not really been given much game time is my point, hard to look good sitting on the bench,