Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tuesday this week County v Killie
(12-12-2017, 10:33 PM)Despot Wrote: Sounds like Boyd was lucky to be on the pitch.

Nah,I didn't think it was a dive, just a foul by Boyd,on the County defender.

(12-12-2017, 09:45 PM),wemyss77 Wrote: Looks like we are well on top 1st half (looking at twitter/BBC Sad ) Keep it up lads.

Anyone know why Gardyne not in the picture Tonight??

Wasn't on bench,heard he was injured

We played well the first half then...it just fell apart the second. We just lost our bottle, passes were going nowhere. I know it's still a point but somehow feels like a defeat. 

Also, I don't like the booing at the end, totally uncalled for. Leave that sort of behaviour to the Rangers fans.

Bring on Saturday!

That was an awful second half performance. Unprofessional. Don’t know what Coyle says to them at half time but it was a repeat of the Motherwell game. A second half collapse. To throw away three points at home against a bread and butter team is what gets you relegated!

I really hoped Coyle would bring some guile, some heart, passion and passing!
However, same old same old.....

Ineffective substitution, change pattern of game to deep defence when 2 up and game is 'won', some players bottled it big style tonight, as did a referee who was as ineffective as anyone we have seen all season.

We really need to man up on the pitch, and hopefully transfer window brings in some players who deserve to play in a county team.

Thoroughly depressed how we gave that up tonight....

The amount of crosses conceded from County’s left side in the last two matches is staggering.  More often than not, those crosses take Davies out of the game and that leaves Fraser to defend in the air.  Boyd’s equaliser was inevitable, particularly given the lack of bottle by so many.

Apart from the frustrating second half where most of the team disappeared and for the benefit of those not there:
- Andrew Davies was crocked near the end of the game and was a passenger for the last 10 minutes. Doubtful he will reappear at Hamilton. We are very short at cover in the Centre Back department which is worrying.
- Ginger Pele got a warm reception from the home fans when he came on, which was good to see.
- Kris Boyd got a hysterical yellow card for showing the ref how to pace out 10 yards at a free kick.
- Attendance of 3,200 - yeah right, pull the other one.

When the going gets tough Lindsay and Routis just disappear from that midfield.

Dow should never put on a County shirt again after that substitute appearance.

Davies going off injured is very concerning.

On a plus note, Eagles looks like a good signing.

(12-13-2017, 12:15 AM) pid=\68631' Wrote:On a plus note, Eagles looks like a good signing.
Really? Doesn't look any better than midge or DKD and much worse defensively, than midge anyway. He should have come off much earlier in 2nd half when we realised it was going to be backs to the wall as he doesn't work hard enough defensively. I appreciate he may not be match fit so hope he can improve. He is a massive improvement on dow though. If he can get fitter and better then he could be a good signing imo.

A lot of angry Staggies leaving tonight and the blame seems to rest on Mr Coyle. 2-0 up, so let's take off our attack & sit back; it always works! Did he not say he had the defence sorted?
Ross County can't afford to sit back, Mr Coyle, we must attack, it's the best form of defence, after all. Even when we're two up, we have to keep pushing for more. Parking the bus is not an option for us; it's never worked in the past and it won't work now.

When we are 2 or 3 up at half time it really is inexcusable not to come out second half and at least control the game - is that due to lack of leadership on the pitch? Or what? We seem to lack belief that we can win.

Excellent first half.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(12-12-2017, 09:45 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Looks like we are well on top 1st half (looking at twitter/BBC Sad ) Keep it up lads.

Anyone know why Gardyne not in the picture Tonight??

Injured along with Sean Kelly
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Thought we missed Midge last night, and that we were crying out for Schalk in that 2nd half to at least give us something on the counter.
Billy Mckay has brought nothing, and the jury is still out on the 100k for Draper.

Eagles is a good player, you can see that - but he pulls out of tackles and fades out of games too quickly for my liking - we needed to see Draper on much earlier last night when 2:0 up to tighten up the midfield and close up the game - WE NEED TO LEARN FROM THIS FAST!.

Worrying seeing Davies coming off before FT and limping round the pitch with Physio - looks like a calf injury again - looked like Dow also got injured - we can't afford to be without key players!.

First half was good - lots of one touch passing which was causing Killie loads of issues - but if I'm honest, we should have been more than 2:0 - no bite up front really - it's a real problem since Boyce left.

Second half - well, staggering the difference compared to first half!

Totally stood off Killie and allowed them to play and again, like the first goal conceded against Dundee, we parted like the red sea to allow Brophy to shoot from distance....no idea why we continually run backwards when opposition are attacking - we don't seem to be able to come out and put in a tackle - we simply lack belief at times - one up front at home proves that!

Boyd should have seen a second yellow for diving, but the ref bottled it - shouldn't have been on the park to score, but let's face it, that shouldn't have mattered - we should have won this one comfortably!

(12-13-2017, 10:58 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Thought we missed Midge last night, and that we were crying out for Schalk in that 2nd half to at least give us something on the counter.
Billy Mckay has brought nothing, and the jury is still out on the 100k for Draper.

Agree regarding Schalk - Midge has looked jaded in the last couple of games - think he's maybe been carrying an injury - no idea why we didn't see Schalk!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-13-2017, 09:55 AM)Ed Wrote: Excellent first half.

This sums up brilliantly for me. Wish I'd gone home then, like half our team did!

Most teams, when they go 2 up, gain confidence and start playing with more belief and freedom. Not us, we go 2 up and start sitting deeper. We don't retain any meaningful possession and start just punting the ball from back to front.
Schalk would have been lost in these circumstances, the same as Billy McKay was. Mikkelsen would have been a much better option.

People are questioning the Dow for DKD sub, were you watching? 
DKD was rotten, kept giving the ball away and was far too week in possession. 
Don't forget, he gave the ball away on Saturday against Rangers which lead to their 2nd, and winning goal.
Before people start giving it the "he's young, he'll learn" rubbish. If he's in the team he should already know his responsibilities to the team and last night fell way short.
Dow was put on to help try and shore up the left side of our team which is weak.

January can't come quick enough. Players are going to be released and hopefully we sign a striker, CH, LB and a LM.

It really would be a blessing if Dow was injured. Not sure what he brings to the game.

Was baffled at taking the 2 wide players off and playing 2 'central' players out wide....

(12-13-2017, 11:34 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: People are questioning the Dow for DKD sub, were you watching? 
DKD was rotten, kept giving the ball away and was far too week in possession. 
Don't forget, he gave the ball away on Saturday against Rangers which lead to their 2nd, and winning goal.
Before people start giving it the "he's young, he'll learn" rubbish. If he's in the team he should already know his responsibilities to the team and last night fell way short.
Dow was put on to help try and shore up the left side of our team which is weak.

January can't come quick enough. Players are going to be released and hopefully we sign a striker, CH, LB and a LM.

DKD hasn't turned up for the last few games.  Seems to have lost confidence in his ability and def scared to go into a tackle.  Noticed Routis the same last night, skipped over the ball at onepoint instead of a head on crunch and winning the ball.  Mackay showed that determination when he came on.  I would like to see him start with Schalk or Curran.
Eagles will hopefully bring more to the team once match fit.  He had some fantastic runs across the field and sharp give and goes.  Once some others get on his wavelength I think he'll prove more than capable at this level.
Lindsay, sorry just a passenger.  One way ticket back to Glasgow.  I could not see what he was on the pitch for, poor passing, pulling out of tackles, and getting in the way of others.

The most alarming thing for me last night is the inability of Fraser and Davis to runs being made by Curran, Eagles and KDK.  There were several times when a long pass behind the Killie back line could have brought some joy.

Coyle has been guilty of sitting back once we are ahead but to do that your midfield and defence need to be closer.  Last night the back line were almost walking out when the ball was cleared leaving a huge space in the middle of the park which Killie exploited.  Its this space in front of defence when Draper can be effective although against Motherwell he was effective playing further forward. 

Its so frustrating when you see two halves like that from the same players.  Are they fit?  Are they happy?  Lot of boos at the end of the game past night and lot of irritation going over the bridge after the game as to how we lost our way.

Bit of jumbled rant but hey ho it's Christmas soon.  What will Santa have for us?

Ross County are concomitant to letting in 2 second half goals on a regular basis. Sorry I couldn't resist that one.

(12-13-2017, 11:34 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Dow was put on to help try and shore up the left side of our team which is weak.

Aye, and a great job he made of that, he seemed to make a weak left side even weaker.

Draper for DK-D would have made a lot more sense to me.

DKD has made some mistakes recently but at least he doesn't hide when the going gets tough. That's my biggest gripe about that 2nd half performance last night, players pulling out of challenges and afraid to get on the ball.