Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee at Home 2/12/17
Eagles showed glimpses but his dead ball delivery from set pieces was nearly as bad as Woods.

Manager got team selection and formation wrong. Mackay should start up front with Shalke. Lindsay had a simply awe full game and should be horsed back to Celtiic. Lacks confidence and just not producing. Chow is a better option. Coyle appears to speak better than he produces. Very worrying times. I simply don’t see where any points are coming from. After next week it will be 1 from 12 points!,

The only saving grace for myself was that I missed OC’s comments after the game. Honeymoon period is well and truly over Owen!

Yes, this was probably our worst display of the season but having said that, I didn't hear even a whisper of encouragement from our so-called support as Dundee did a good job of pressing us all over the park. I thought that Eagles did enough to show that he can still play a bit - I hope that the rest of the team just aren't yet on his wavelength, as opposed to the squad chemistry being disturbed by his arrival. Harsh to single out anyone in particular after such an all-round impotent performance but I hope we never see KVDW at centre-back again - next time Davies is out injured, we would be as well trying Draper there instead. As many have said on here for the past number of seasons, our midfield is at the root of our problems - hopefully January might see the arrival of a couple of proper midfielders and a left-back. Hard to believe that we haven't yet been able to find a useful combination of our many strikers but I still maintain that a bit of midfield creativity would at least give them some ammunition - I'm so fed up of these high 'hit-and-hope' balls which are easily claimed by the keeper or cleared by the defence, so I don't know how our strikers must be feeling, (and yes, I also think that Mikkelsen must be worth a bit more game-time). I was however pleased to see that one Routis free-kick which was passed up the left-wing, (along the ground!), resulting in a decent chance - some more variation like this would be welcome.. Anyway, onward and upward, COYS..

Amazing how different people view a game thought Routis was dreadful at times as usual real Jekyll & Hyde performance.

MacIntyre’s lack of forethought re signing a 3rd centre half was obvious way back in August Davis has a long history of injuries.

Hopefully we are still in the mix when the January window opens and some quality can be found if not Billy McKay will be relegated for the 3rd season in a row
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Have to say was vet disappointed today thought Eagles played well and had some good touches but we really didn’t create many clear chances. Really don’t thing bringing Curran on was the best would have gone with Mickelson though in fairness we didn’t create much of anything for the strikers. Am worried if this is our level where we will end up. I do believe we have pretty decent strikers but we need to create some kind of chances for them and Schalk particularly got nothing. Midfield a worry.

I was impressed with Dundee,they were so organised and pressed us high up the park.In saying that,we were poor ,lacked a creator,we definitely missed Obrien, maybe the fans that give him stick will have noticed that today ,but then they will probably look to slaughter another player instead,as there always has to be a fall guy with our fans, look out Draper,you are in their sights.

(12-02-2017, 08:40 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Lindsay had a simply awe full game and should be horsed back to Celtiic. Lacks confidence and just not producing. Chow is a better option. 

Amazing

Not show about Chow being an option- he's a trier but that's about it.

Lindsay to be fair was absolutely awful yesterday. Too often he's either hot and cold, no consistency.

JOB is the difference between our midfield being reasonable, or completely inept I'm afraid. And Davies commanding the positioning of those in front of him makes a huge difference too. We're just far too short in depth of quality.

The good news is that Coyle will probably have learnt a lot from that yesterday, so will know what to concentrate on in the January window.

Dundee certainly impressed me though, and were far better than I expected.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Easily our worst performance of the season, Coyle as some serious questions to answer imo.

Why was Keillor-Dunn dropped to the bench and then why was Gardyne hooked, when he was one player who was looking for the ball and to take his opponent on when he got a chance, instead of Eagles or Lindsay who were both very poor?

McCarey............Made some good saves, left exposed for the goals, did nothing wrong imo.

Kelly...................Doesn't look like a footballer, doesn't seem to anticipate anything.

Fraser & VD Weg...very poor paring, didn't dominate, second to everything in the air and let players run past them, had no cover from midfield runners though.

Naismith..........Good game, steady as ever, would have liked to see him stretch those long legs down the right wing more.

Routis..........IMO a luxury player, when the going gets tough he disappears, opponents must love being marked by him as they then have the freedom of Viccy Park, moved to CH when VD Weg was hooked at HT, Routis is a terrible centre half!

Lindsay.......I just don't see it, is he meant to have a free role with no defensive duties as that's how he plays. Very light weight, tries to chase and hary opponents but just seems to get caught out of position all the time. I can't help feel we could be playing and developing Dykes instead of Lindsay, send him back to celtic I say.

Draper.......Our new booo boy? Tried to defend, tried to attack but was either up against too many opponents in the middle and was easily passed through, or got a misfired pass thumped at him.

Gardyne....Tried to take his man on when he could, but took a few heavy challenges early on, found Naismith wasn't supporting him too much and Schalk hard to find, Midge kept trying though imo.

Eagles..... Some nice touches, that lets me hope for better things to come. Was posted missing when O'Hara had the freedom of out left flank to riffle in the first. Was obviously off the pace, this being his first game in a while, struggled to beat his man but has a good cross on him when given time on the ball.

Schalk....Was chasing high balls, I can't understand why we play high balls to Schalk! He's not a centre forward when we're playing at home as he struggles to hold the ball up. Maybe better away, if we're looking to hit teams on the break but not at home. He would be better in a slightly deeper role behind Curran maybe, as he has a good touch and pick up the ball, turn and run at defenders from a deeper starting point but we don't play in that system anymore!
If we are to stick with 433, I'd really like to see him in one of the wide roles supporting a lone attacker.

We're in serious trouble if yesterday's performance is anything to go by. Dundee are a decent team and we REALLY missed O'Brien and Davies.

I feel a bit sorry for Tim Chow.  He didn't necessarily deserve to start, but he sacrificed playing for his national team to sit on the bench when his spot could easily have been filled.  

Keillor-Dunn aside, there hasn't been a single place even on the bench for one of the u20 outfielders in a competitive match.  Dykes, Ashmore and Dingwall have hit a glass ceiling and will need to move elsewhere for a game.  Coyle is going to bring his own players in during January, so I don't see any place for the others.

(12-03-2017, 11:23 AM)Spain Wrote: Dundee certainly impressed me though, and were far better than I expected.

I have a feeling we'll be saying the same about Killie when they turn up to Dingwall.  Which leaves how many other teams we need to be better than?  Huh

(12-03-2017, 11:23 AM)Spain Wrote: JOB is the difference between our midfield being reasonable, or completely inept I'm afraid. And Davies commanding the positioning of those in front of him makes a huge difference too. We're just far too short in depth of quality.

The good news is that Coyle will probably have learnt a lot from that yesterday, so will know what to concentrate on in the January window.

Dundee certainly impressed me though, and were far better than I expected.

Yip, you're spot on.

I thought Eagles looked pretty handy, his touch isn't match sharp yet but he looks decent. What does everyone else think?

Give eagle a chance. Comes straight in to that performance today. Must make him wonder.
Hate to criticise but there is too many have a bad day to often.
League will not lie and unless we can string a few wins together its another long season.

Players need to step up when we loose the top 1s like JOB and Davis.

Roys cheque book will be smoking......

I thought Eagles look decent going forward but he didn't seem interested in the defensive side.

O'Hara wandered forward with impunity (Eagles was thirty yards away and watching when the first went in).

(12-03-2017, 12:56 PM),frankthetank Wrote: Easily our worst performance of the season, Coyle as some serious questions to answer imo.

Why was Keillor-Dunn dropped to the bench and then why was Gardyne hooked, when he was one player who was looking for the ball and to take his opponent on when he got a chance, instead of Eagles or Lindsay who were both very poor?

McCarey............Made some good saves, left exposed for the goals, did nothing wrong imo.

Kelly...................Doesn't look like a footballer, doesn't seem to anticipate anything.

Fraser & VD Weg...very poor paring, didn't dominate, second to everything in the air and let players run past them, had no cover from midfield runners though.

Naismith..........Good game, steady as ever, would have liked to see him stretch those long legs down the right wing more.

Routis..........IMO a luxury player, when the going gets tough he disappears, opponents must love being marked by him as they then have the freedom of Viccy Park, moved to CH when VD Weg was hooked at HT, Routis is a terrible centre half!

Lindsay.......I just don't see it, is he meant to have a free role with no defensive duties as that's how he plays. Very light weight, tries to chase and hary opponents but just seems to get caught out of position all the time.  I can't help feel we could be playing and developing Dykes instead of Lindsay, send him back to celtic I say.

Draper.......Our new booo boy? Tried to defend, tried to attack but was either up against too many opponents in the middle and was easily passed through, or got a misfired pass thumped at him.

Gardyne....Tried to take his man on when he could, but took a few heavy challenges early on, found Naismith wasn't supporting him too much and Schalk hard to find, Midge kept trying though imo.

Eagles..... Some nice touches, that lets me hope for better things to come.  Was posted missing when O'Hara had the freedom of out left flank to riffle in the first. Was obviously off the pace, this being his first game in a while, struggled to beat his man but has a good cross on him when given time on the ball.

Schalk....Was chasing high balls, I can't understand why we play high balls to Schalk!  He's not a centre forward when we're playing at home as he struggles to hold the ball up.  Maybe better away, if we're looking to hit teams on the break but not at home.  He would be better in a slightly deeper role behind Curran maybe, as he has a good touch and pick up the ball, turn and run at defenders from a deeper starting point but we don't play in that system anymore!  
If we are to stick with 433, I'd really like to see him in one of the wide roles supporting a lone attacker.

We're in serious trouble if yesterday's performance is anything to go by. Dundee are a decent team and  we REALLY missed O'Brien and Davies.
I think you were harsh on Routis I thought he was one of our better players yesterday I 100% agree with you on KVDW he’s better at LB than CH and for me the Midge for Keillor-Dunn should have happend before it did

(12-03-2017, 05:38 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Yip, you're spot on.

I thought Eagles looked pretty handy, his touch isn't match sharp yet but he looks decent. What does everyone else think?

The way he takes two or more players on could really open up spaces for others if the team works on it.  I'm a bit worried about Tavernier + Candeias vs Eagles and Kelly, however.

WTF Guys. Jesus at least got a chance to make his defence before they crucified him.  Our new manager will still be assessing players in training and in combat.   Given that he went up the tunnel at full time and no-one came out for a warm down speaks volumes.

Negatives straight forward.   P45 to Kelly.  Not up to it.  Second half lovely pass back from Eagles who shouted for overhead ball to corner, what does he do? Cuts inside and loses ball.  IMO Eagles was let down by players who are not, and some will never be, on his wavelength.   It was very clear that Keillor Dunn is, they worked well together.
Questions about Midge. Has he still got it at this level as a winger?  Would he prove more productive in between midfield and strikers I.e.  no 8 or 10?
Routis,  an unloved hero.  This guy is so frustrating.  One minute brilliance, next disaster.  Why?
Lindsay, the next P45.  I've seen less flapping from a shot goose.   Exit asap.
Forwards - Dundee set up to create a complete blockade in mid field.  Either a 3-8 or an 8-3 when we got yhe ball.   You can counter that by lying well back in tight formation and rely on two very  fast counterattacking strikers or push hard forrd with a big forward with a fast striker playing off him backed up by two midfielders one waiting outside the box and the other following in a few yards behind.  There was evidence on Saturday of the second strategy but not the first.
Suggest Mr Coyle is given another six games before he walks the plank!!!!!

(12-03-2017, 11:33 PM)the reaper Wrote: WTF Guys. Jesus at least got a chance to make his defence before they crucified him.  Our new manager will still be assessing players in training and in combat.   Given that he went up the tunnel at full time and no-one came out for a warm down speaks volumes.

Negatives straight forward.   P45 to Kelly.  Not up to it.  Second half lovely pass back from Eagles who shouted for overhead ball to corner, what does he do? Cuts inside and loses ball.  IMO Eagles was let down by players who are not, and some will never be, on his wavelength.   It was very clear that Keillor Dunn is, they worked well together.
Questions about Midge. Has he still got it at this level as a winger?  Would he prove more productive in between midfield and strikers I.e.  no 8 or 10?
Routis,  an unloved hero.  This guy is so frustrating.  One minute brilliance, next disaster.  Why?
Lindsay, the next P45.  I've seen less flapping from a shot goose.   Exit asap.
Forwards - Dundee set up to create a complete blockade in mid field.  Either a 3-8 or an 8-3 when we got yhe ball.   You can counter that by lying well back in tight formation and rely on two very  fast counterattacking strikers or push hard forrd with a big forward with a fast striker playing off him backed up by two midfielders one waiting outside the box and the other following in a few yards behind.  There was evidence on Saturday of the second strategy but not the first.
Suggest Mr Coyle is given another six games before he walks the plank!!!!!

Some very good points.

A lot of people with pretty harsh opinions on here.

I wasn't totally behind the OC appointment at the time, but now that he's here I'm going to support him fully. He has to be given a season and a couple of transfer windows before being judged properly.

One judgement I am willing to make is that Fox has to be put back into he side asap. McScary doesn't fill me with confidence. He got away with another parry straight out on Saturday and seems to do this at least once in every game. He was blameless for the first goal on Saturday, a terrific strike, but his decision to come out for the second was baffling. Fair enough, the game was lost by then but I just feel his decision making in situations like this is well suspect. This and his tendency to parry back into dangerous areas makes Fox a far better option IMO.