Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
was it a penalty
like every one just watched the cup final and think the penalty was a dive  cant wait to here Brenden Rodgers take on the matter he had plenty to say about cheating divers when schalk dived to earn us a point  I am sure he will be honest Exclamation

(11-26-2017, 06:02 PM)county AML Wrote: like every one just watched the cup final and think the penalty was a dive  cant wait to here Brenden Rodgers take on the matter he had plenty to say about cheating divers when schalk dived to earn us a point  I am sure he will be honest Exclamation

Works both ways.  If Schalk was clever, so was the Celtic player.  Every manager is the same - quick to point the blame but never see it when their own player does it.

Part of the game, albeit a part which ruined the game today.

(11-26-2017, 06:02 PM)county AML Wrote: like every one just watched the cup final and think the penalty was a dive  cant wait to here Brenden Rodgers take on the matter he had plenty to say about cheating divers when schalk dived to earn us a point  I am sure he will be honest Exclamation

Be interesting to see if SPFL give out a similar match ban...or not given that it's Celtic.

(11-26-2017, 06:39 PM)munlochy staggie Wrote: Be interesting to see if SPFL give out a similar match ban...or not given that it's Celtic.

Of course not. It's Celtic.  Angry

Kipre will be up on an assault charge for what he did to Sinclair.

Sinclair made the most of the situation. However, when you pull an opponents arm (especially in the box) you are asking for trouble. I thought the ref got it correct.

The ref was conned and got it completely wrong. Slight contact does not mean you go down in the box as if you were fouled. For a team whose vast resources mean every domestic game they play is a mismatch, it was depesparate to resort to that. The repercussions of the incident handed the game to Celtic and the game became a farce as a spectacle!

Got a view of ??? penalty for Tics in league cup final on television tonight was not as bad as Schalk but almost not a word from Celtic manager and Craig Gordon on television saying Sinclair would not go go down what a load of rubbish he was the furthest from the dive Will the SFA act NO why because it is CELTIC I have discovered that SFA stands for there actions S---t f--- a--
watch this space

I guarantee if Curran or Schalk had their arm pulled back and went down, we would all be screaming for a pen and if got one we would not complain and move on.

(11-28-2017, 01:50 PM)Deed Wrote: I guarantee if Curran or Schalk had their arm pulled back and went down, we would all be screaming for a pen and if got one we would not complain and move on.

This.

However, considering the SFA took action against Schalk for 'that' penalty, I'll be disappointed if Sinclair gets away with it, was nowhere near enough contact to go down like that.

(11-28-2017, 02:32 PM)Rocco Wrote: This.

However, considering the SFA took action against Schalk for 'that' penalty, I'll be disappointed if Sinclair gets away with it, was nowhere near enough contact to go down like that.

I'm sure he'll get a two game ban.  It couldn't be the case that the law implementors make retrospective punishment up as they go along, could it?

(11-28-2017, 04:16 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I'm sure he'll get a two game ban.  It couldn't be the case that the law implementors make retrospective punishment up as they go along, could it?

I know, right? That would suggest some sort of bias towards the glass cow sides, and we all know the SFA aren't capable of such a thing...

(11-27-2017, 12:36 PM)Deed Wrote:  I thought the ref got it correct.

I hope you're taking the pith, a player from any other team would be hung out to dry by our media/ sfa officials, the fact he's brave enough to deny conning the ref is just brazen imo

Motherwell aren't even bothering to appeal.

(11-28-2017, 12:24 AM)County Lad Wrote: Got a view of ??? penalty for Tics in league cup final on television tonight was not as bad as Schalk but almost not a word from Celtic manager and Craig Gordon on television saying Sinclair would not go go down what a load of rubbish he was the furthest from the dive Will the SFA act NO why because it is CELTIC I have discovered that SFA stands for there actions S---t f--- a--
watch this space
Hi you are correct it was not as bad as Schalks his was a blatant dive with no contact what so ever and he paid the price however Brenden Rodgers in press today saying ref got it correct and it was not a dive I have a ? for him if there is a slight contact but not enough to knock you over but you go down any way what do you call that????? I seem to remember an interview after the game where the player in question said he thought there ( may ) have been contact the fact that he did not say there was contact begs the question what nocked him over

"he's entitled to go down" is something I really dislike. I don't want any players exaggerating or simulating contact- Schalk was rightly punished by the SFA and warned by the club. So should Sinclair, but there's absolutely no chance of that.

(11-28-2017, 08:08 PM)Despot Wrote: Motherwell aren't even bothering to appeal.

I don't see why they wouldn't appeal, given that there was minimal contact at the very most.  Even then, it clearly wasn't a penalty.  

That said, Scott Brown won his appeal for the most blatant red card you'll ever see.

As for the "right" to go down, I'd suggest Efe Ambrose's red card in the league cup semi final would be an example of a foul which wouldn't have been given if Schalk hadn't gone down.  I may be wrong, but that card wasn't appealed.

Wow, celtics dive for a penalty last night was even worse than in the cup final !

What is the point, if they get gifted penalties whenever they need them?

(I haven't seen it but i heard at work that rangers penalty to go one up was a bad one too)

(11-30-2017, 02:36 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Wow, celtics dive for a penalty last night was even worse than in the cup final !

What is the point, if they get gifted penalties whenever they need them?

(I haven't seen it but i heard at work that rangers penalty to go one up was a bad one too)

The Rangers penalty was as blatant as you'll get.

MacGregor needs to have a good look at himself for that dive - shocking decision that robbed Motherwell of three points.....having said that looking at the highlights - Celtic should have scored 4 or 5 last night.....

Thought Rangers played Aberdeen off the park last night....
Supporter Liaison Officer