Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hearts v Ross County - Sat 25 Nov
Celtic at home and Hearts away and only 1 goal conceded, happy with that.
A good away point.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Far from our best so a point is good. We looked up for it for the first 10mins, Schalk blasting against post, but as the game went on we were deeper and deeper and only some excellent McCarey stops kept us in it.
Davies and JOB going off injured obviously didn't help.
Hopefully Eagles gives us a better outlet up front, we're not creating much.

Reports say  Schalks  goal that was called up for off-side was actually on-side

Will need to suss out the highlights!

After that I'm not sure I'll be warm again for the foreseeable future. Absolute baltic at Tynecastle.

From my admittedly poor position in the Roseburn, Schalk looked on. I think DKD was close to him who might have been off but didn't play the ball- was the flag for him?

I've just watched the highlights and to me it looks like Schalk is definitely on, it is close but he's on. Also you could really see the difference today when O'Brien went off I thought, all of a sudden hearts had tons of space in the midfield.

(11-26-2017, 01:05 AM)NVACA Wrote: I've just watched the highlights and to me it looks like Schalk is definitely on, it is close but he's on. Also you could really see the difference today when O'Brien went off I thought, all of a sudden hearts had tons of space in the midfield.

I reckon the linesman got it right.  It’s certainly not a dreadful call.

Over all a point is a fair result McCarey was outstanding how ever the one thing that he dose that frustrates me is when he comes out when he dosent need to when a outfield player can clear the ball we need to see how O’Brien and Davis are after going off injured and there’s also the matter of Schalk been offside I don’t think he was but will need to wait and see the highlights today

O'Brien's attempted tackle (in which he injured himself) is another one for his nightmares, He just absolutely cannot tackle. He either lunges in like a nutter or just falls over. It's the only major weakness in his game.

(11-26-2017, 05:47 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I reckon the linesman got it right.  It’s certainly not a dreadful call.

Only two hearts defenders played Schalk onside for his disallowed goal.

(11-26-2017, 09:30 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Only two hearts defenders played Schalk onside for his disallowed goal.

Was pretty close. Looked to me like the keeper stopped when the flag went up so it's inconsequential anyway.

Confirmed on Sportscene by Statler and Waldorf that the goal should have stood

They put the white line across the pitch and it's clear the two Hearts players were goal side of Schalk

Was absolutely onside, but the keeper didn't make an attempt to save it.

What gets me is the time it takes for linesman to indicate that any player is offside Sure the Ref is in charge but the linesman flag was down when the ball was played as shown on sportscene and Schalk run about twenty wards and was about to shoot when ref blew whistle. But until refs and linesmen improve in Scottish football we will have to just grin and bear it.

Noticed that Hearts have installed digital turnstiles so looks like it wasn't just a one-off and tickets will be sold by Ross County ticket office for Tynecastle matches going forward I'd expect.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I have helped two Hearts supports supporters get ticket for a game at GES park One being my daughter (she is in lovhope hearts can return favour for all the county fans for next away game