Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Celtic 18th Nov.
How does Brown get away with fouls on Draper, Cardyne, Kellor -Dunn and O'Brien watched to see how many times he carried out a dirty tackle. Yes the Tics played well but football is about defending as well as attacking and County set up and commitment was excellent. If we carry on playing like the way we did today I can see us finishing top six Bring on Hearts next week

We keaped them out for 78 minuets and it was a peace of brilliance and we had good chances so over all I don’t think we can complain I don’t think that Fox would’ve saved the free kick now onto Hearts next week

Reasonable performance. Spent most of the game stopping them playing and failed to make many openings for ourselves. Treated to the usual Owen sound bites both before and after the game on Radio Scotland ... yawn! Pretty sure we’ll make top six this season based on what i’ve seen thus far. We’ll not lose many games at Viccy Park. COYS.

Thought the free kick was fantastic, from where I was sitting there was no chance any keeper was getting to that unless they moved early. McCarey did really well, commanded his area and wasn't afraid to go out for the ball. A few wee errors of judgement but much better from him.

(11-18-2017, 10:43 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Reasonable performance. Spent most of the game stopping them playing and failed to make many openings for ourselves. Treated to the usual Owen sound bites both before and after the game on Radio Scotland ... yawn!  Pretty sure we’ll make top six this season based on what i’ve seen thus far. We’ll not lose many games at Viccy Park. COYS.

Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Celtic most boring team I have seen in ages.
Spent most of the game fouling Ross County! And of course a spineless referee reluctant to send Brown off, he should have walked early on for his swipe.
As for some  of his team mates, Tears-ney, a fine example of cowardice, brushed on the hip, and goes down like a sack of tatties, lying half dead , while his gob mouthed team mates surrounded the referee asking for a brushing yellow card, and not for the first or last time in the game.
Celtic pocession? wow, don’t make me laugh, keeper to full back, to keeper, to full back, to keeper.
Yawn, Yawn, Yawn.

If you watch highlights on Sunday I am sure you will the Celtic player that was fouled ????????? by O'Brien for the Tics goal from Griffis was on his way down before Jim stuck out his leg At least two other tics went down about that distance from goal after G came on as a sub for Tics CHEATS I TELL YOU CHEATS Watched all that folk in green stagger back to buses after game because they had no ticket when they came up and watched the game in one of our pubs it makes ya laugh Oh well onwards and upwards and I hope someone busts the tic bubble soon

I thought Celtic were there for the taking today. I'd have hooked Curran at half time, he wasn't his best today, and played Schalk instead. I have no complaints over the refereeing, he resisted yellow cards as best he could.
There was a certain inevitability with Griffiths' free kick today. Remember when we* used to rattle them in regularly?
I'm hopeful of 4 points from the next two games.

*We bring Richie Brittain

The referee was excellent yesterday, would rather talk about our excellent performance. To contain them in the first half and deny them even a shot on goal (even if they did seem intent on walking the ball in) speaks wonders for our organisation and concentration. One error by O'Brien allowing a moment of magic for Griffiths is such a sickener but I can't fault our game plan.

Positive signs again and feel we can take points in the more important games for us.

(11-19-2017, 10:01 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: The referee was excellent yesterday, would rather talk about our excellent performance. To contain them in the first half and deny them even a shot on goal (even if they did seem intent on walking the ball in) speaks wonders for our organisation and concentration. One error by O'Brien allowing a moment of magic for Griffiths is such a sickener but I can't fault our game plan.

Positive signs again and feel we can take points in the more important games for us.

Great post Filthy, that's exactly how I see it. As frustrating as it is to play well and come away with nothing, there are a lot of positives to be taken from that performance.

Yeah (I agree with Filthy too) but...

Despite good and improving performances v Celtic and Motherwell I can't quite make the leap to expect a remarkable improvement in Consistency such that we can expect top 6. Even if Schalk's strike on the volley had gone in and we took points yesterday.

Note that Hamilton beat Rangers convincingly and Killie recently took a point off Celtic. Top 6 is a valid target but we would need 6 teams to be consistently worse than us in order to make top 6. At the moment only Dundee look consistently poor, so I hope we can take 3 points off them before they may start to improve.

Doomed I tell ye. Well, doomed to somewhere in the bottom 6 anyway. Probably.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Full credit to the management and team yesterday. Celtics first shot on target yesterday was a long range effort from Sinclair in the second half, when did that last happen?. Apart from that McCarey had little to do. We were well organised and for what seemed long periods Celtic just passed the ball about in an attempt to get past a resolute County midfield and defence. Curran had a thankless task up front, but he chased Bitton and Boyata and made them pass the ball between themselves and Gordon whch helped slow the game down. I thought Celtic were 'pedestrian' at times and I put that down to how we made them play.
I thought McCarey had a good game. All the high balls into the box from Celtics corners he shouted for and won, nothing he could do about the free kick.
Everyone played their part in what was a good team performance, but for me Fraser was my MotM.
Gutted not to get a point which would have been well deserved.
Its hard to put my finger on the difference in the side compared to the one prior to Owens arrival, but there is a change and its good to see.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(11-19-2017, 10:01 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: The referee was excellent yesterday, would rather talk about our excellent performance. To contain them in the first half and deny them even a shot on goal (even if they did seem intent on walking the ball in) speaks wonders for our organisation and concentration. One error by O'Brien allowing a moment of magic for Griffiths is such a sickener but I can't fault our game plan.

Agreed, referee was overall very good.
Perhaps just one failure, and that was not giving Brown at least a yellow card.

Gutted when we made it that far for that neb to score.... Probably would have taken 0-1 at the start of the game. Find it hard to then see some of my mates from the North banging on about Celtic. Wish folk would support their local teams. Anyway sounds like were are still making serious progress.

Was there many Celtic fans around the home stands?

(11-19-2017, 03:15 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Gutted when we made it that far for that neb to score....  Probably would have taken 0-1 at the start of the game.  Find it hard to then see some of my mates from the North banging on about Celtic.  Wish folk would support their local teams.  Anyway sounds like were are still making serious progress.

Was there many Celtic fans around the home stands?

Have to say it, well taken free kick.
Yes very hard to take, folk from the North banging on about Celtic, sad to see so many local faces heading to the away end, draped in their Celtic colours.
Wonder how many in the away end were locals.
In answer to your question, could not see or hear any Celtic supporters in the home ends, nothing that was really obvious.
Actually for the first time ever, there appeared to be some empty seats in the away end, not many but one or two gaps. No doubt the early kick off, time of year and live TV would have encouraged some to stay away, or watch it in the local pubs.
Having said all that, still a great support and sung through the whole game.
Our supporters tried to rally a few chants, pity a lot more would not join in.

Wemyss77, pleased to report that Owen Coyle has the team playing a lot better, looked organised, and fighting, helping each other.
A good centre forward in the next window, or before, could help us.

After this I'm relatively confident we can get something down at Tynecastle, which is admittedly a place where out results are usually pretty dire.

(11-20-2017, 09:38 AM)Despot Wrote: After this I'm relatively confident we can get something down at Tynecastle, which is admittedly a place where out results are usually pretty dire.

All our results are usually pretty dire.  Seven points from the last six games.  Not good.

When it's well known how good Griffiths is at free kicks, why didn't we put a man on the goal line as an extra insurance?

(11-20-2017, 03:13 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: When it's well known how good Griffiths is at free kicks, why didn't we put a man on the goal line as an extra insurance?

Because it would play everyone onside?