Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Celtic 18th Nov.
Someone is going to beat them why not us ! Get into their faces & don't let them play. Coming up to the game with Applecross staggie. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Agree. Watching Celtic's European games they do not cope with being pressured. The only issue with that approach is the challenge of fitness in the last 10 minutes which bis when they score a lot of goals.

That's how they got Aberdeen in the cup final ,the last twenty minutes or so Aberdeen were absolutely done, had nothing left in the tank. We've got to press and stand off cleverly and hope for a slice of luck. Lindsay and Draper (or Routis) will have to do some amount of running.

Celtic play a simple game at times.
Give and go!
They do it so simply and effectively, also very rapid.
The simple strategies of the game have not changed much over the years.
If anyone watched the Bil Shankly documentary on TV the other night, he had the very same attitude , it’s a simple game son, give and go, pass the ball.
Having witnessed signs of improvement at Ross County lately, let us hope we can keep up the good work.
If we are caught thinking about our next pass and dithering, Celtic will pounce and punish.
Play them at their own game, pounce onthem, in their faces, get the ball, give and go, don’t try anything fancy.

If we set up 4-5-1 the two players we really need to pressure are the two holding midfielders of the Tics that's where all there play seems to start off from Ruffle up Brown he does not mind dishing it out but cannot take it Second ball is what we need to work on and clinical passing Get some of that right and we might get a draw or even sneak a win COYS

(11-14-2017, 10:58 AM)Despot Wrote: That's how they got Aberdeen in the cup final ,the last twenty minutes or so Aberdeen were absolutely done, had nothing left in the tank. We've got to press and stand off cleverly and hope for a slice of luck. Lindsay and Draper (or Routis) will have to do some amount of running.

Lindsay can't play against the team we loan him from.

Doomed, I tell ye.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(11-14-2017, 11:58 AM)County Lad Wrote: If we set up 4-5-1 the two players we really need to pressure are the two holding midfielders of the Tics that's where all there play seems to start off from Ruffle up Brown he does not mind dishing it out but cannot take it Second ball is what we need to work on and clinical passing Get some of that right and we might get a draw or even sneak a win COYS

This pressure is what Draper is good at.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Chow in on Saturday if he's back.

(11-14-2017, 08:05 PM)gujeecof Wrote: Lindsay can't play against the team we loan him from.

I wasn't sure, I couldn't remember if a clause was in place.

I'd expect Routis to start instead then, Chow's occasional love of a wild lunge is just asking for a red against the frequent Celtic divers.

(11-15-2017, 12:35 PM)Despot Wrote: I wasn't sure, I couldn't remember if a clause was in place.

I'd expect Routis to start instead then, Chow's occasional love of a wild lunge is just asking for a red against the frequent Celtic divers.

It's got nothing to do with any clause in a loan deal. It's SFA rules where a player cannot play against it's parent club.

As ever with Brendan Rodgers' Celtic side, this is about damage limitation. A solid, disciplined performance and a defeat by fewer than three goals and I'll be relatively happy. Let's not get carried away.

(11-15-2017, 04:33 PM)Forfinn Wrote: As ever with Brendan Rodgers' Celtic side, this is about damage limitation.  A solid, disciplined performance and a defeat by fewer than three goals and I'll be relatively happy.  Let's not get carried away.

I hope to be reposting this on Saturday night to have with humble pie........why not? It's not impossible IMO.

COYS!  Heart

With Foxy still injured I think that we get some season ticket holders  stand on the goal line to give McCarey a helping hand and let the boys get on with the rest of the game the Ref will never notice  Tongue

(11-15-2017, 08:37 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: With Foxy still injured I think that we some season ticket holders  stand on the goal line to give McCarey a helping hand and let the boys get on with the rest of the game the Rev will never notice ?

Not sure there's enough in the jailend to fill the goal  Tongue

(11-15-2017, 11:17 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Not sure there's enough in the jailend to fill the goal  Tongue

Pull a few in from the East stand

Who's the ref?

(11-15-2017, 04:50 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I hope to be reposting this on Saturday night to have with humble pie........why not? It's not impossible IMO.

COYS!  Heart

Yes it is!

Can we switch this match to Hampden to give ourselves a better chance lol, keep our 100% record against them going.
Hope shalk gets a game , even if it's just to wind them up and get a penalty or two.

(11-15-2017, 04:50 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I hope to be reposting this on Saturday night to have with humble pie........why not? It's not impossible IMO.

COYS!  Heart

It's not impossible that I'll bump in to Gal Gadot on Princes Street tomorrow and she asks me out to dinner, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen!

(11-16-2017, 08:50 AM)Midge Wrote: Who's the ref?
Nick Walsh along with Douglas Ross, Michael Banks and Gavin Duncan.