Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friendly against the Tinks
(11-09-2017, 02:13 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Not sure what that young "spanner" was thinking about setting off a smoke bomb - never seen so many youngsters in the Singing Section of the Jail End - frustrating that they are not there in numbers at a normal home game?

Anyway,  good turn out and support for a good cause - fair play to both teams for putting on this match for Maggie's Highland.

We should have scored more goals....

"SPANNER"
No need for smoke bombs at any match, and to do it at charity friendly, please pack it in.
They must have been watching the bunch of "TOOLS" aka Caley supporters marauding down Dingwall High Street before the match.
And, yes this bunch of spotty faced "TOOLS" let of a smoke bomb, on the High Street.
My guess is they only had enough pocket money for one.

(11-09-2017, 09:46 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: I doubt they’d be intimidated either as smoke bombs aren’t suppose to be intimidating hahah

You know what i mean  Tongue

Smoke bomb police out in force today

I genuinely worry about how some of you survive in day to day life, if a smoke bomb can cause you so much pain and anger.

It causes anger because the idiots who set it off are doing so without thinking of the implications. Lik3 finrs for the club. The fact that the smoke obscures the view of those around them and coud cause any people with breayhing conditions problems breathing.

In my opinion anyone condoning this behaviour is just as bad as the offenders.

The attention seeking wannabe ned who wanted to look big in front of his mates by setting off a smokebomb, it's the club that suffer the consequences of your actions with fines, police warnings( extra policing = additional costs) negative publicity etc, also a lot of people in the jailend were affected by the fumes, never heard so many people coughing and spluttering at the same time before, potentially very serious for someone with asthma or any other type of health condition. Think about that before you act so selfishly .
Next time( if you're allowed back) bring a drum instead and try to create a better atmosphere that way and support the club and your fellow fans with a bit more respect.

I think they are great, add a real edge to our already volatile support.

(11-10-2017, 09:50 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: I genuinely worry about how some of you survive in day to day life, if a smoke bomb can cause you so much pain and anger.

I struggle. 

Personally speaking, that short post took a couple of minutes to produce; it could have been a few sentences easily thrown out and forgotten.
But it wasn't.  That post was a snapshot of anguish.  

But it helps to know that even strangers on the internet are able to see my pain and anger, from something as opaque as a few written sentences.  
Many thanks for your genuine worry. 
It can only help people like myself heal.

[Image: Does+anyone+else+feel+almost+like+youre+...948078.gif]

(11-10-2017, 11:19 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I think they are great, add a real edge to our already volatile support.

Big Grin

The thing that amazed me was the large number of bods all huddled in the singing section - where are they on a normal home match day?....would love to see them there all singing and creating an atmosphere....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(11-10-2017, 11:16 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: The attention seeking wannabe ned who wanted to look big in front of his mates by setting off a smokebomb, it's the club that suffer the consequences  of your actions with fines, police warnings( extra policing = additional costs) negative publicity etc, also a lot of people in the jailend were affected by the fumes, never heard so many people coughing and spluttering at the same time before, potentially very serious for someone with asthma or any other type of health condition. Think about that before you act so selfishly .
Next time( if you're allowed back) bring a drum instead and try to create a better atmosphere that way and support the club and your fellow fans with a bit more respect.

Not that I’m calling anyone a liar but smoke bombs across Europe have been tested and there is no scientific evidence what so ever that it has any implication on health. Even being heavily asthmatic myself when I have been around ones at Scotland games it has never affected me. I do agree however that it does affect the clubs finances (should maybe look at the MLS or German football where the club sells  club approved smoke bombs to fans to use to specific sections of the ground). Imo just some young lads Having Fun at football without harming anyone. Every other league outside of the uk is lienient on the matter yet we wonder why our stadiums are empty of youth. Banning folk for a small harmless cloud of smoke isn’t a way forward

(11-10-2017, 02:49 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: (should maybe look at the MLS or German football where the club sells  club approved smoke bombs to fans to use to specific sections of the ground).

Are they approved there?  One of the guys was at an MLS game recently and there was controversy about smoke bombs over there with fans being banned etc? 
I thought it was similarly controversial in Germany, but that's just a hunch.

If you're right, this could be a good shout. 
A large part of the issue with smoke-bombs just now is the club wasting resource on fines, paying for an increased police presence, paperwork dealing with the fall-out, etc.   
And aye, if they were approved as safe, that would obviously help too.
So if there was an approved system in place that'd be great, wire in!

But under the current rules, smoke bombs tend to just be a head-ache.
Given the noises coming from Police Scotland and referees etc. (see link below*) I don't see a change happening any time soon.
All joking/sarcasm/sanctimony aside, its a bit of a shame like as they can add to the atmosphere if done properly, but I really don't think they're worth it just now with the rules as they are.
Not as tho I have any influence like, just thought it interesting so got stuck in!

* http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35402735

(11-10-2017, 03:08 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Are they approved there?  One of the guys was at an MLS game recently and there was controversy about smoke bombs over there with fans being banned etc? 
I thought it was similarly controversial in Germany, but that's just a hunch.

If you're right, this could be a good shout. 
A large part of the issue with smoke-bombs just now is the club wasting resource on fines, paying for an increased police presence, paperwork dealing with the fall-out, etc.   
And aye, if they were approved as safe, that would obviously help too.
So if there was an approved system in place that'd be great, wire in!

But under the current rules, smoke bombs tend to just be a head-ache.
Given the noises coming from Police Scotland and referees etc. (see link below*) I don't see a change happening any time soon.
All joking/sarcasm/sanctimony aside, its a bit of a shame like as they can add to the atmosphere if done properly, but I really don't think they're worth it just now with the rules as they are.
Not as tho I have any influence like, just thought it interesting so got stuck in!

* http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35402735

I agree and whilst it’s a pain for the club having to pay the fines it does add atmosphere.

Orlando FC in the MLS we’re the first to introduce it. See link below and others have followed. Would gain great publicity for any club in Scotland to be the first to introduce this. Imo the clubs going to be constantly fined for this if it remains bannable, always going to be one or more who sneak them in. 

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017/3/5/...all-ruckus

(11-10-2017, 03:30 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: I agree and whilst it’s a pain for the club having to pay the fines it does add atmosphere.

Orlando FC in the MLS we’re the first to introduce it. See link below and others have followed. Would gain great publicity for any club in Scotland to be the first to introduce this. Imo the clubs going to be constantly fined for this if it remains bannable, always going to be one or more who sneak them in. 

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017/3/5/...all-ruckus

Im not sure a club in Scotland could make that move, given the league and police take on it.
Might be worth looking into though, for the reasons you give.

Further to the MLS, its interesting how each club treats it so differently.
Bit of a tangent, but found this blog/link you may like:
https://www.eightysixforever.com/2017/7/...rs-culture

Good to hear the non singing section singing! Give them some praise,it was only one of them who let off the smoke bomb, not the section.
What I thought was worse,I saw a fan drinking a can of coke. The steward was superb in ushering him out,a real courageous  act,imagine what could have happened if he had drunk the whole contents of the can!
Stewarding at its best,keeping us safe.