Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County vs Motherwell 4th Novvember 2017
(11-04-2017, 05:34 PM)Skipper Wrote: Barry Wilson going on about how Curran played up front himself v Hamilton. Didn't Billy Mckay play up front with him in that game? He really annoys me on the radio. He can't hide his joy when a goal is scored against us.
Doing well so far today
Only piece of sense there was County doing well so far. Comments about Barry are rubbish,grow up.

Can't wait to see the highlights, Keillor-Dunns goal went in like a rocket and I loved the way gardynes 2nd was expertly placed through the gaps rather than hit and hope, I was right behind the goal and you could see that gardyne knew exactly where to put it.

(11-04-2017, 11:49 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Only piece of sense there was County doing well so far. Comments about Barry are rubbish,grow up.

I can assure you I am grown up and because of my situation tend to hear more games on radio than actually see them. Something that disappoints me but means my opinion is based over a long time of listening to him. You say that the only bit of  sense in my post was that County were doing well. Did Billy Mckay not play up front v Hamilton? So why was BW telling everbody that Curran played on his own then basing his opinion of the tactics on a false piece of information. He did get quite excited over Motherwell's 2nd goal yesterday. But never mind a great 3 points regardless of the sub standard commentary.

(11-05-2017, 10:38 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Can't wait to see the highlights

link on P&B http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index....t=11741421

(11-05-2017, 12:28 PM)Skipper Wrote: I can assure you I am grown up and because of my situation tend to hear more games on radio than actually see them. Something that disappoints me but means my opinion is based over a long time of listening to him. You say that the only bit of  sense in my post was that County were doing well. Did Billy Mckay not play up front v Hamilton? So why was BW telling everbody that Curran played on his own then basing his opinion of the tactics on a false piece of information. He did get quite excited over Motherwell's 2nd goal yesterday. But never mind a great 3 points regardless of the sub standard commentary.

Didn't make the game yesterday so listened to Sportsound coverage. First time I've heard BW cover us on radio and thought he was on the whole quite negative towards County. Questioning Coyle for just playing Curran up front (lol, soon 3-0).
Asked by Richard Gordon how Coyle had been accepted he said "mixed reports" and then something about old school management/training. I may have misheard due to the usual shrieking in the background by other commentators.
Asked about new Chief Exec David Calder - said he knew him from years ago and it was basically a hole being filled, non-story.
And after Coyle's post-match interview (thoroughly deserved 3pts etc Coyle ultra positive as usual) laughed and said he disagreed. Do they have previous? 

And then you had Alan Preston on the Sportscene results show saying we thoroughly deserved to be 3 up at HT, Gardyne was unplayable, and it could have been 5 or 6! Pundits eh.

Just seen highlights, have a few opinions.
Chris Routis looks good, fell asleep at first well goal but feels fresh as a new signing to me.
Midge getting more confident with every game.
DKD on fire, can't remember him having a poor game, even when the team is playing badly.
Draper starting to look like a £100,000 player, becoming more dominant in midfield.
So much competition for places under Coyle, kind of wish there were 20 places in the starting lineup!
In the first half, not necessarily dominant but clinical with chances, this is something we failed to be under Jim and Billy.
Overall, plenty to be positive about, the only (albeit big) worrying thing for me is two second half Motherwell goals.

Agree with Midges Fan Club about the two Well goals.   First one Routis doesn't go with the scorer's run and for the second neither Fraser nor Naismith got off the ground.  Still amazed at the difference Mr Coyle has made to the same team playing under M n D.

Thought Draper and O'Brien were immense.  To me the game changed just before the first goal when Draper appeared to move a bit further forward and intimidated the Well midfield a bit more face to face.  Gardens back onto full form.   Good crowd yesterday too

(11-05-2017, 03:43 PM)the reaper Wrote: Agree with Midges Fan Club about the two Well goals.   First one Routis doesn't go with the scorer's run and for the second neither Fraser nor Naismith got off the ground.  Still amazed at the difference Mr Coyle has made to the same team playing under M n D.

Thought Draper and O'Brien were immense.  To me the game changed just before the first goal when Draper appeared to move a bit further forward and intimidated the Well midfield a bit more face to face.  Gardens back onto full form.   Good crowd yesterday too
Forgot to mention O'Brien! Just goes to show that almost everybody is performing very well. Can't keep track of everyone!

Amazing what can happen when players are played in the right positions!

Message to Coyle and co and players

Please score 4 next time so the last 10 minutes arent so much on my nerves.

Jeezo that was edge of seat stuff.

Bring on the Celts?⚽️

(11-05-2017, 10:07 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Bring on the Celts?⚽️

Can we stop the jugernaught?

That was a nervy ending there. Delighted with the win and its a big one at that especially with Celtic coming up.

(11-05-2017, 07:50 PM)Despot Wrote: Amazing what can happen when players are played in the right positions!

Which players have moved position since McIntyre has left?

(11-06-2017, 01:57 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Which players have moved position since McIntyre has left?

We've not had Dow or Midge at wing back for starters.

(11-06-2017, 02:34 PM)Despot Wrote: We've not had Dow or Midge at wing back for starters.

That's true.  I am glad the back three is a thing of the past.

Does anyone know if Kenny was injured on Saturday? Would have thought so since he didn't make the bench.

Now look if we are moving towards a settled or definite first eleven with only one midfield spot and possibly a full back slot seemingly still up for grabs. With 4 strikers on the books and the formation now being played only utilising one can expect some movement in the transfer window?

Fox (when fit)

Naismith
Davies
Fraser
Van der Weg or Kelly

Gardyne
Draper
O'Brien
Routis or Lindsay
Keillor Dunn

Curran

(11-06-2017, 01:57 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Which players have moved position since McIntyre has left?

Reghan Tumilty isnt being played at right mid....

Great to see Gardyne back on scoring form. Goals from him could be crucial this year.

(11-05-2017, 02:14 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: link on P&B http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index....t=11741421

Didn't make the game yesterday so listened to Sportsound coverage. First time I've heard BW cover us on radio and thought he was on the whole quite negative towards County. Questioning Coyle for just playing Curran up front (lol, soon 3-0).
Asked by Richard Gordon how Coyle had been accepted he said "mixed reports" and then something about old school management/training. I may have misheard due to the usual shrieking in the background by other commentators.
Asked about new Chief Exec David Calder - said he knew him from years ago and it was basically a hole being filled, non-story.
And after Coyle's post-match interview (thoroughly deserved 3pts etc Coyle ultra positive as usual) laughed and said he disagreed. Do they have previous? 

And then you had Alan Preston on the Sportscene results show saying we thoroughly deserved to be 3 up at HT, Gardyne was unplayable, and it could have been 5 or 6! Pundits eh.

I don't make many games at the weekends and listen to Sportsound quite regularly. Any time he's commentated on our games I've thought Barry Wilson has always been negative towards County.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Fantastic first half albeit we scored against the run of play for the first - 3:0 up at HT, had to pinch myself - however, disappointed we didn't close out the game - we must have known Motherwell would come out all guns blazing in the second half - should have maybe dropped Draper back in front of the back four to shore thing up.

We really need to be doing better though with cross balls into the box - far too easy for Motherwell to score IMO - should never have been such a nervy end to the game - great three points though and so important with Kilmarnock beating Hearts....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(11-07-2017, 12:10 AM)central staggie Wrote: I don't make many games at the weekends and listen to Sportsound quite regularly. Any time he's commentated on our games I've thought Barry Wilson has always been negative towards County.

I was beginning to think that it was only me.