Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hearts at home 14/10/17
(10-14-2017, 02:01 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Except it wasn't. It was a recognised formation with players playing in their favoured positions. Something that McIntyre didn't do. Subtle granted, but it was a little bit back to basics which was required.

Today will be the acid test.

If you are correct, then County are in serious trouble.

(10-14-2017, 07:10 PM)Despot Wrote: There was the two footed lunged at the Jubilee end, the boy that was sent off could have walked before for multiple fouls, the obvious handball in the box that only Collum seemed to miss, the niggling dropping of Hearts players, the dive their player took in the box when DKD got close to him, the constantly shirt lifting by Hearts centre half pairing at set pieces....

Do I need to go on?

He was absolutely howfing (not that County played much better).

Yes, he was rank rotten, that was almost expected though. What I am questioning is your claim that he was biased towards Hearts - which is boulderdash. He wasn't biased, just inept.

With regards to the game, Hearts had two breaks and scored two goals. Did Fox make a save? I don't remember one. We had our chances, but didn't take them.

Dire game which could have gone either way. Collum wasn't great but probably performed better than us. Heard Owen on the radio on the way back home ... he can certainly talk a good game!

(10-14-2017, 07:21 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: If you are correct, then County are in serious trouble.

Lose to Hamilton next week and we certainly are.

For the most part I thought out shape and formation were quite good today. A really poor midfield performance by Jim O'Brien didn't help. He must've given the ball straight back to the opponent at least 8 times.

(10-14-2017, 07:55 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Yes, he was rank rotten, that was almost expected though. What I am questioning is your claim that he was biased towards Hearts - which is boulderdash. He wasn't biased, just inept.

With regards to the game, Hearts had two breaks and scored two goals. Did Fox make a save? I don't remember one. We had our chances, but didn't take them.

It could be the bevvy and the realisation of another underwhelming performance at home. I'll sleep on it and come back (hopefully in a more positive frame of mind).

(10-14-2017, 08:11 PM)Despot Wrote: It could be the bevvy and the realisation of another underwhelming performance at home. I'll sleep on it and come back (hopefully in a more positive frame of mind).

The referee is definitely  not up to standard  ,linesman at west stand side shocking  ,but IMO gardyne did not turn up  O’Brien shoukd have been replaced not Draper, there will be a few moved on January  
Nit good on tge eye ,but I’ve honestly never seen such a bunch of cheating players  as Hearrs

(10-14-2017, 06:37 PM)Despot Wrote: Willie Collum might have well worn a Hearts top today.

I think Hearts fans would disagree,we were beaten by poor defensive mistakes ,not by Willie Collum.
How many County players were sent off or booked compared to Hearts ?
Look at the stats!

(10-14-2017, 07:55 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Yes, he was rank rotten, that was almost expected though. What I am questioning is your claim that he was biased towards Hearts - which is boulderdash. He wasn't biased, just inept.

Spot on Pete,

(10-14-2017, 07:10 PM)Despot Wrote: There was the two footed lunged at the Jubilee end, the boy that was sent off could have walked before for multiple fouls, the obvious handball in the box that only Collum seemed to miss, the niggling dropping of Hearts players, the dive their player took in the box when DKD got close to him, the constantly shirt lifting by Hearts centre half pairing at set pieces....

Do I need to go on?

He was absolutely howfing (not that County played much better).

Shirt lifting? Ooh err.

(10-14-2017, 08:01 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: A really poor midfield performance by Jim O'Brien didn't help. He must've given the ball straight back to the opponent at least 8 times.

I'm torn with him.  He's the one player who shifts the ball from side to side and uses angles that no-one else does.  He moves the ball quickly too, rather than taking two or three touches.  I think the team looks much better when he's dictating things.  He doesn't complete all his passes though.

The biggest problem is his tackling:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/OrneryJoyousBittern

That's the worst tackling I've seen from a holding midfielder at this level. He's played the vast majority of his career as a right-winger so maybe that shouldn't come as a surprise, but other teams will learn that about him very quickly.

(10-14-2017, 06:52 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Why, for sending off one of their players and carding 4 others?

I'll tell you why !
Hearts defenders took down Davies in the box, no penalty given. Then , before we had time to recover from this ineptitude they went up the field and scored the first goal.
Their second goal was a carbon copy, only this time they took Curran down in the box.
We would have won the game 3 - 0 if it wasn't for Willie Collum, 4 - 0 if he had given the penalty for the handball in the box !!
Don't get me wrong he, and his linesmen made some bad decisions against Hearts also, though not as many. Like flagging their attacker offside when there were three of our defenders in front of him.
Even the Hearts supporters were chanting "The Referee's a W****r", if we were a bit more vocal the whole stadium should have been joining in !
Something has to be done about these referees, the sooner video evidence comes into play the better IMO

(10-15-2017, 10:05 AM)BLUEZULU Wrote: I'll tell you why !
Hearts defenders took down Davies in the box, no penalty given. Then , before we had time to recover from this ineptitude they went up the field and scored the first goal.
Their second goal was a carbon copy, only this time they took Curran down in the box.
We would have won the game 3 - 0 if it wasn't for Willie Collum, 4 - 0 if he had given the penalty for the handball in the box !!
Don't get me wrong he, and his linesmen made some bad decisions against Hearts also, though not as many. Like flagging their attacker offside when there were three of our defenders in front of him.
Even the Hearts supporters were chanting "The Referee's a W****r", if we were a bit more vocal the whole stadium should have been joining in !
Something has to be done about these referees, the sooner video evidence comes into play the better IMO
something has to be done about Hearts and their blatant cheating.

Now I've sobered up, it's another game where we've had some reasonably good attempts and one absolute sitter (DKD) and not taken them. We just aren't clinical enough, far too often.

Watched Alba back today. There was a good piece with Ketts at HT, with some behind the scenes stuff on the development setup / youth academy.

Will be available on iPlayer for a week I presume.

(10-15-2017, 08:49 AM)john@THHP Wrote: I'm torn with him.  He's the one player who shifts the ball from side to side and uses angles that no-one else does.  He moves the ball quickly too, rather than taking two or three touches.  I think the team looks much better when he's dictating things.  He doesn't complete all his passes though.

That's the worst tackling I've seen from a holding midfielder at this level. He's played the vast majority of his career as a right-winger so maybe that shouldn't come as a surprise, but other teams will learn that about him very quickly.

That first attempt at a tackle looked awful from the West Stand. It looks even worse now.

(10-14-2017, 06:24 PM)StaggieDoo Wrote: Sat behind the dugout. Coyle Constantly shouting "tight!" Or "get out!". The players just looked very confused. County have nothing up front and as a result we just get stretched as we look to force a goal. Same old problems.

Not surprised about Coyle shouting get tight and get out I have been screaming the same comments  at nearly every game for the last 2 seasons  but unlike most posters on here I disagree that the midfield is entirely to blame we have a back 3 or 4 who just will not push up the park on occasions they are still within our
penalty box  when our forwards and midfield are in the opposing one  and yes if the move breaks down we do look stretched but that is due almost entirely to the fact our defence has not pushed up with the rest of the team leaving great big holes to be exploited perhaps they need reminding ( attack ) is the best form of defence

Just not clinical enough in front of goal, how many times have we heard that since Boyce left!

For me, playing one up front at home is just not showing enough belief - we need to get our act together - starting on Saturday against Hamilton - which is now a big game for us.....we need to think about changing our options up front - get Mckay on from the start with either Curran or Schalk - WE NEED GOALS!!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(10-15-2017, 08:49 AM)john@THHP Wrote: I'm torn with him.  He's the one player who shifts the ball from side to side and uses angles that no-one else does.  He moves the ball quickly too, rather than taking two or three touches.  I think the team looks much better when he's dictating things.  He doesn't complete all his passes though.

Agreed, that video takes no prisoners with regards to his tackling!

(10-15-2017, 08:14 PM)county AML Wrote: Not surprised about Coyle shouting get tight and get out I have been screaming the same comments  at nearly every game for the last 2 seasons  but unlike most posters on here I disagree that the midfield is entirely to blame we have a back 3 or 4 who just will not push up the park on occasions they are still within our
penalty box  when our forwards and midfield are in the opposing one  and yes if the move breaks down we do look stretched but that is due almost entirely to the fact our defence has not pushed up with the rest of the team leaving great big holes to be exploited perhaps they need reminding ( attack ) is the best form of defence

Yip, that's fair comment.  We dont seem to break like other team are capable of.