Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Owen Coyle
(03-01-2018, 08:23 PM)1963 Rover Wrote: Having heard todays news I thought I would pop back on here and see what was being said. I am not here to gloat or mock as I honestly would not wish Owen Coyle on any football fans as their clubs manager.
I see many now are agreeing with the comments I made about him and are glad to see him go .
Good luck for the rest of the season !

All I can say is that he’s a complete gob [censored], must be very convincing during interviews. An absolute fraud.

(03-01-2018, 08:23 PM)1963 Rover Wrote: Having heard todays news I thought I would pop back on here and see what was being said. I am not here to gloat or mock as I honestly would not wish Owen Coyle on any football fans as their clubs manager.
I see many now are agreeing with the comments I made about him and are glad to see him go .
Good luck for the rest of the season !

Turns out you were spot on. His training “regime” was laughable. Turn up when you like for training emphasised the complete lack of discipline under Coyle. Certain players doing extra training in their down time to keep fit is extraordinary for a professional football club. The winter break period must count as the most abysmal abdication of managerial responsibilities on record. Bottom of the league but our manager was seemingly most concerned about getting flights home rather than addressing on field issues. Don’t even get me started on his sidekick.
I would hope the our next appointment is not also another duffer you know about!

(03-01-2018, 08:42 PM)number8 Wrote: The winter break period must count as the most abysmal abdication of managerial responsibilities on record. Bottom of the league but our manager was seemingly most concerned about getting flights home rather than addressing on field issues.

Worse than Jimmy Calderwood? Wow

Calderwood had a win ratio of 41% though
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(03-01-2018, 08:48 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Worse than Jimmy Calderwood? Wow

Much, much worse

(03-01-2018, 08:58 PM)Despot Wrote: Calderwood had a win ratio of 41% though

Probably because he regularly missed training and the players had to organise themselves!

(03-01-2018, 09:25 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Probably because he regularly missed training and the players had to organise themselves!

Which looks like it would be much more successful than OC

(03-01-2018, 08:42 PM)number8 Wrote: Turns out you were spot on. His training “regime” was laughable. Turn up when you like for training emphasised the complete lack of discipline under Coyle. Certain players doing extra training in their down time to keep fit is extraordinary for a professional football club. The winter break period must count as the most abysmal abdication of managerial responsibilities on record. Bottom of the league but our manager was seemingly most concerned about getting flights home rather than addressing on field issues. Don’t even get me started on his sidekick.
I would hope the our next appointment is not also another duffer you know about!

Certain players doing extra training in their down time is absolutely par for the course at all football clubs.

Coyle was hopeless on the pitch, but that's as far as it goes. Like John Robertson - or indeed any of the hapless managers County have had - the insane Jail End rumour mill goes into overdrive at the first sign of trouble, and then all sorts of nonsense comes out after the fact.

(03-02-2018, 10:09 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Certain players doing extra training in their down time is absolutely par for the course at all football clubs.

Coyle was hopeless on the pitch, but that's as far as it goes. Like John Robertson - or indeed any of the hapless managers County have had - the insane Jail End rumour mill goes into overdrive at the first sign of trouble, and then all sorts of nonsense comes out after the fact.

It was hardly the “first sign of trouble “! He was only hopeless on the pitch is the equivalent of saying the pilot was excellent except when in the air.

(03-02-2018, 11:09 AM)number8 Wrote: It was hardly the “first sign of trouble “! He was only hopeless on the pitch is the equivalent of saying the pilot was excellent except when in the air.

I think the Perth debacle said a lot - so many of the players making statements that day IMO - but for me, the players need to realise they are playing for Ross County and Chairman who is providing them with a living that a lot of people in the Highlands just don't have or can dream of having - a lot of them need to look in the mirror and ask "am I giving this club 100%"

If the answer is NO, then jog on!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(03-02-2018, 10:09 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: - the insane Jail End rumour mill goes into overdrive at the first sign of trouble, and then all sorts of nonsense comes out after the fact.

"He had to go because of what was going on behind the scenes/off the field activities/Roy McGregor wouldn't tolerate it"
Just a sample of stuff constantly posted online in the public domain about former managers again and again without any substance whatsoever. You've got to feel for family and friends reading some of the nonsense.
Like the officials automatically getting berated after the Hearts game for a decision supporters of the same club were still arguing about almost a week later.

Them goodness there are folk who want to do these jobs.

(03-02-2018, 02:57 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: "He had to go because of what was going on behind the scenes/off the field activities/Roy McGregor wouldn't tolerate it"
Just a sample of stuff constantly posted online in the public domain about former managers again and again without any substance whatsoever. You've got to feel for family and friends reading some of the nonsense.
Like the officials automatically getting berated after the Hearts game for a decision supporters of the same club were still arguing about almost a week later.

Them goodness there are folk who want to do these jobs.

I've heard things, from otherwise sane people who genuinely believe it, about John Robertson that wouldn't be unheard of from Krusty the Clown. Which may be apt, but certainly weren't true.

Still. Kettlewell will not have that to put up with. It's definitely a foot up in the popularity stakes. The head of the development programme and the head coach of the under 20s are being taken out of their jobs due to the Chairman's gross incompetence. This is a shambles all round.

Christ knows what's going to happen at the end of the season though.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Some posters on here are never happy.............. Coyle out! Ketts and Ferg in!

Happy??? No........... Who's looking after our development setup???? This is a shambles!

FFS...............

(03-02-2018, 03:33 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: The head of the development programme and the head coach of the under 20s are being taken out of their jobs due to the Chairman's gross incompetence. This is a shambles all round.

This is something that certainly needs to be looked at, you can make an argument for the majority of managers whilst Roy has been chairman being pretty poor on the whole.

Obvious exception(s).

Maybe it is time to have someone outside look at the managerial appointments in the future, be it SPL or Championship.

McGregor was interviewed the other week after the carry on at the SFA with Michael O'Neill and Stewart Regan. He bemoaned the committee culture in football and how even when we were looking for a new manager they had to decide on the job title.

Some of the managerial appointments over the years at County have looked like turnabout between Roy and the board. We've lurched from well kent names, to a left field one like McStay to McIntyre and Dodds (who I'd argue fitted the bill perfectly at the time and will be reflected upon as a success overall, once expectations are re-evaluated). With Coyle there's little doubt Roy McGregor lined him up himself before sacking McIntyre and Dodds. Whatever happens between now and next season it looks like there'll be time for the board to have a say in it.

(03-02-2018, 03:33 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I've heard things, from otherwise sane people who genuinely believe it, about John Robertson that wouldn't be unheard of from Krusty the Clown. Which may be apt, but certainly weren't true.

Still. Kettlewell will not have that to put up with. It's definitely a foot up in the popularity stakes. The head of the development programme and the head coach of the under 20s are being taken out of their jobs due to the Chairman's gross incompetence. This is a shambles all round.

Man, some of your posts are hard going. Everyone makes mistakes and Roy would have made the appointment with his best intentions. He is as big a fan as the rest of us after all. I think you can see they are trying to sort it now. Why the need to be so negative when it is obvious folk are working very hard to turn it around??

(03-02-2018, 03:41 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Some posters on here are never happy.............. Coyle out! Ketts and Ferg in!

Happy??? No........... Who's looking after our development setup???? This is a shambles!

FFS...............
Brittain and he will do what Ketts dose on a match day and been involved with the warm up and be in the stand with the video anlisit

(03-02-2018, 03:33 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I've heard things, from otherwise sane people who genuinely believe it, about John Robertson that wouldn't be unheard of from Krusty the Clown. Which may be apt, but certainly weren't true.

Love how you wet your pants when other supporters give their honest opinions which pinpoint criticism of the managerial set up or provide information you are not party too. This would not be so amusing if you then didn’t come up with some classics like the “Chairman’s gross incompetence “ and “shambles all round”. Great stuff, keep it up.

(03-02-2018, 08:12 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Brittain and he will do what Ketts dose on a match day and been involved with the warm up and be in the stand with the video anlisit

My comments were sarcastic as I have no worries about the development setup.

As you rightly said, Richie will take that on and be well assisted be Davie Kirkwood!

The point of my post was to have a wee dig at some posters who, no matter what gets done at the club, they can take something negative out of it!!

if there was no Roy there woukd be nothing there to moan about ,Roy is a County supporter who is rich enough to do things for the club , without him there woukd be NO stadium as we know it or indeed anything ,
Unless anyone can step in to replace Roy ,,which I don’t see ,