Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Owen Coyle
I for one am delighted that Owen is in Dingwall and like all our managers I will back him to the hill yes he’s got off to a great start but we can’t judge him on one game #inOwenandSandywetrust

Nice bit of negativity here. Give the man a chance! We won comfortably and looked pretty good.

To those folk comparing it to a JM team &a tactics....Did he play Tumilty in right midfield? No, because he has a clue what he's doing.

I liked how he set up the midfield with Draper and Lindsay ahead of O'Brien. He had acres of space to run the midfield.

Did anyone see Davie Provans column today? 
I used to like his column ,but his comment today really disappointed me,Quote ,"who knows ,in Owen Coyle,MacGregor may have found the man to top Jims record.More likely ,County are heading for the Championship,where they belong".
I thought he was above the central belt bias,how naive am I!

(10-01-2017, 11:32 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Did anyone see Davie Provans column today? 
I used to like his column ,but his comment today really disappointed me,Quote ,"who knows ,in Owen Coyle,MacGregor may have found the man to top Jims record.More likely ,County are heading for the Championship,where they belong".
I thought he was above the central belt bias,how naive am I!

Davie Provan is probably the most inarticulate of the ex-Old Firm "pundits", who offer no insight whatsoever.

His "argument" is that County are, naturally, a Championship club isn't wrong, but the wording is incredibly crass.  That's probably because he telephones in his "column" and one of the hacks is forced to try and make it remotely readable.  

I wouldn't let Davie Provan get you wound up, because otherwise he keeps getting to air his views.

(10-01-2017, 07:52 PM)Despot Wrote: I liked how he set up the midfield with Draper and Lindsay ahead of O'Brien. He had acres of space to run the midfield.

I have to admit, owing to our lack of incisiveness up front with 2 forwards recently, I was concerned to see us line up with just 1 here, but it actually worked really well. O'Brien looked really assured in the middle and linked up well with Gardyne and DKD, I think this made us look far more dangerous than having 2 striker and marauding around but very little service to them. Was surprised to see Curran go the full 90 playing up top on his own, shows what a difference decent service makes!

(10-02-2017, 09:19 AM)Rocco Wrote: Was surprised to see Curran go the full 90 playing up top on his own, shows what a difference decent service makes!

That's a good point, especially as we had McKay, Schalk and Mikkelsen all on the bench. Craig it would seem is our number one striker at the moment, fair play to him as he works so hard for the team and is a nice guy to chat to if you get the chance.

(10-02-2017, 09:19 AM)Rocco Wrote: I have to admit, owing to our lack of incisiveness up front with 2 forwards recently, I was concerned to see us line up with just 1 here, but it actually worked really well. O'Brien looked really assured in the middle and linked up well with Gardyne and DKD, I think this made us look far more dangerous than having 2 striker and marauding around but very little service to them. Was surprised to see Curran go the full 90 playing up top on his own, shows what a difference decent service makes!

Using the three makes up for losing Jackson Irvine's ability to get around the pitch and smother opposition midfielders into submission. Lindsay is the closest we have to that level of mobility and playing a high tempo, harrying role that's not directly in front of the back two suits him far better than lying deep.

I thought Lindsay had his best game for us at Kilmarnock. He was turning up all over the pitch and making some telling passes.

What a load of rubbish some folk talk (me included sometimes)
But to judge a manager on previous clubs when they don't know background of clubs is nonsence
People managers included learn by there mistakes
Don't know who set up team on Saturday but way midfield was set up was good
This is the first time that Draper O'Brien and Lindsay knew what there positions and jobs were
With the midfield set up this allowed fullbacks to push on (never seen VDW in oppositions box so much other than set plays)
Sure folks are saying Killie were bad but was that down to way we played or fact they didn't turn up?
I for one am prepared to give Owen and Sandy a chance
Looking forward now to rest of season

Delighted with the start. Looking forward to seeing how things go.

Can't understand why some fans get so hot under the collar when a fan from a club managed by their new manager comes on with some feedback. It actually happens  quite often on fans forums and I can't see what the big deal is. The Rovers fan is simply sharing his views with County fans who can take them or leave them. I, for one, am actually quite interested in what fans of clubs our new manager previously managed made or make of him. Likewise when new players arrive.
That said I'm happy to give OC the benefit of the doubt. Fact is his track record is very mixed - successful at St J and Burnley, unsuccessful everywhere else! Whether a manager is successful or not can depend on the "fit" e.g. Terry Butcher successful at Motherwell and Caley but a definite failure at all other clubs he managed (and most definitely at Hibs!).

Although the Rovers fan is entitled to share his view, what purpose was it intended to serve other than create negativity? 

I for one I am very encouraged by what I saw on Saturday and by Coyle's appointment. 

Coyle was once a highly regarded manager who worked wonders on a shoestring budget at Burnley leading to a Celtic approach. Sure, subsequent moves have not panned out as planned but Coyle deserves the opportunity to show what he can do without being so heavily scrutinized early on.