Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Owen Coyle
Hello lads and Lasses. I am a Blackburn Rovers fan, been going on for over 40 years. Just wanted to say how shocked I was to hear Owen Coyle has got another job managing a football club. He is a terrible manager and constantly talks bull [censored]. Don`t let him kid you, he tries to make everything a positive and as it goes wrong ends up blaming the fans. I hope for Ross Countys sake he has learned some lessons and does well for you, but don`t hold your breath. I`ll be keeping an eye on your results. Good luck !

To be fair, your club has totally lost the plot over the last few years, so it's tough to judge him on that.

He's been successful in Scotland before, so we'll see.

(09-30-2017, 06:51 AM)1963 Rover Wrote: Hello lads and Lasses. I am a Blackburn Rovers fan, been going on for over 40 years. Just wanted to say how shocked I was to hear Owen Coyle has got another job managing a football club. He is a terrible manager and constantly talks bull [censored]. Don`t let him kid you, he tries to make everything a positive and as it goes wrong ends up blaming the fans. I hope for Ross Countys sake he has learned some lessons and does well for you, but don`t hold your breath. I`ll be keeping an eye on your results. Good luck !

That's a [censored] bizarre post if you aren't trolling, but I'll bite.  

More managers should blame the fans. Fans more often than not do a disservice to their club, especially when their team is in a rut. I'd love it if any County manager turns around and gives it back to the "local lads" moaners.   I also fail to see how "making everything into a positive" is a bad thing.  But thanks for passing judgment on the Ross County board, chairman, players and fans.  And of course, no manager has ever had a bad spell at a basket case club.  Excuse me if I give the manager the benefit of the doubt.  St Johnstone and Burnley fans see him quite differently to Blackburn fans.

Presumably, if Coyle proves successful it'll be down to the poor standards of Scottish football?

(09-30-2017, 06:51 AM)1963 Rover Wrote: Hello lads and Lasses. I am a Blackburn Rovers fan, been going on for over 40 years. Just wanted to say how shocked I was to hear Owen Coyle has got another job managing a football club. He is a terrible manager and constantly talks bull [censored]. Don`t let him kid you, he tries to make everything a positive and as it goes wrong ends up blaming the fans. I hope for Ross Countys sake he has learned some lessons and does well for you, but don`t hold your breath. I`ll be keeping an eye on your results. Good luck !

Hi 1963 Rover.  Firstly, thanks for taking the time to come on here.  It's always interesting to get the views from the fans of a new manager's former club.  I'd like to know - and as Despot alluded to - Blackburn have been viewed as a bit of a basket case for a number of years because of the Venkys.  How much of an influence do you think that had on Coyle's time as manager?  ie, if the club had been more stable would he have done better, or are his failings all his own?

(09-30-2017, 08:25 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: St Johnstone and Burnley fans see him quite differently to Blackburn fans.

I asked a Burnley fan I know about Coyle.  He despises him.  He also sent me some screenshots from a Burnley fans Facebook page and there wasn't one positive post about Coyle.

I guess it all comes down to how you measure success?
Cannot argue that JM wasn't successful with county. But I didn't enjoy the way we were playing, or the lack of spirit and belief.
A manager like Coyle with 30% win rate at his previous clubs, would be relatively decent for us. But I would rather enjoy what I watch than have dull wins or draws...

Not trolling or fishing for bites.
I have heard horror stories of what went on, or what didn`t go on at training. I agree a manager needs to be positive, but they also need to be honest. When you have just watched your team capitulate at home and he says lets take the positives out of it and refuses to admit he got team selection and tactics wrong and I`m not talking about isolated incidents. It starts to grind.
As for what other fans think, try asking Bolton, Wigan and yes Burnley fans, where he was succesful and see what answers you get.
Like I said I hope he has learned something and is good for you. I know what its like to see your club being made a laughing stock and its not nice !

Just to add. Coyle gained us 29 points from 31 games. Mowbray came in and got us 22 points from 15 games. The difference in the team was apparent from game one under Mowbray, the team had a shape, a purpose and a plan. Under Coyle those things didn`t exist, it was 11 individuals sent out to play football however they wanted.
If we had had Mowbray for the full season we would have stayed up easily.
Mowbray is also twice the man Coyle is, no bull and as honest as the day is long, says it as it is.

He will see what pans out, but I refuse to be lectured by a Blackburn Bloody Rovers fan on managerial appointments. An absolute bomb scare of a club, with a horrendous history of hiring and firing.

I`ll just leave it here. I`m not in it for an argument. Time will tell. Good luck and I wish Ross County all the best !

See ya.

Don't really get the point in doing this to be honest. Would anyone here sign up to another clubs' forum to warn them about a managerial appointment? Odd behaviour IMO.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

It's probably JM or BD.

(09-30-2017, 11:23 AM)Spain Wrote: Don't really get the point in doing this to be honest. Would anyone here sign up to another clubs' forum to warn them about a managerial appointment? Odd behaviour IMO.

I don't get the point either  we don't need him on the forum ,

(09-30-2017, 02:22 PM)Iker Wrote: It's probably JM or BD.

JM BD to take over from Pedro Caixchina   !! The barrras is rife with it !!!

(09-30-2017, 10:13 AM)1963 Rover Wrote: I`ll just leave it here. I`m not in it for an argument. Time will tell. Good luck and I wish Ross County all the best !

Kilmarnock 0 Ross County 2.  I'll just leave here.

(09-30-2017, 04:20 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I don't get the point either  we don't need him on the forum ,

JM BD to take over from Pedro Caixchina   !! The barrras is rife with it !!!

Kilmarnock 0 Ross County 2.  I'll just leave here.
Sorry to disagreee Buff but you cant credit that to Coyle it has been overdue and would probably been the same score with the previous management.  The game did not look different to me.

I have had similar "condolences" about our manager from Bolton fans I know well.  It is hard to find a good word about him from his recent clubs.  

I genuinely hope I am wrong but it worries me how similar the complaints from previous clubs fans are.  I am willing to give it a chance but am pessimistic at the moment.

As for giving younger players a chance it is the SPL to blame for this.  The league is too small and one defeat can cost you lots of money.  An 18 team league would allow managers to blood youngsters in a less pressured game.  It is too tight to take a chance on a youngster.  I believe that Celtics success and the SPL board are killing the game in Scotland and stifling the development of youngsters.

(09-30-2017, 08:52 PM)Boff Wrote: Sorry to disagreee Buff but you cant credit that to Coyle it has been overdue and would probably been the same score with the previous management.  The game did not look different to me.

I have had similar "condolences" about our manager from Bolton fans I know well.  It is hard to find a good word about him from his recent clubs.  

I genuinely hope I am wrong but it worries me how similar the complaints from previous clubs fans are.  I am willing to give it a chance but am pessimistic at the moment.

As for giving younger players a chance it is the SPL to blame for this.  The league is too small and one defeat can cost you lots of money.  An 18 team league would allow managers to blood youngsters in a less pressured game.  It is too tight to take a chance on a youngster.  I believe that Celtics success and the SPL board are killing the game in Scotland and stifling the development of youngsters.

We won 3 points  2 goals non against. Can't be bad.  !! County. County !!!  Be happy tonight.

Played great, loved it, plus

"we sacked macintyre
they'll be no turmoil
under owen coyle"

is my sound of the summer

(09-30-2017, 10:23 PM)Despot Wrote: Played great, loved it, plus

"we sacked macintyre
they'll be no turmoil
under owen coyle"

is my sound of the summer

Happy clapper  Tongue

(09-30-2017, 08:52 PM)Boff Wrote: Sorry to disagreee Buff but you cant credit that to Coyle it has been overdue and would probably been the same score with the previous management.  The game did not look different to me.
If you don't already have an agenda against Coyle you're certainly managing to convince everybody you do.

I was there yesterday. I must admit singing songs about sacking jim was pretty poor. I can't understand why jim was so disliked. He wasn't a great media personality or story teller like OC but he gave us the greatest achievement in our clubs history.

As for yesterday, Kilmarnock were rotten. We could have played without a manager and won that. I'll judge OC when he signs a few players. Hopefully has some good contacts down south.

(10-01-2017, 08:51 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: If you don't already have an agenda against Coyle you're certainly managing to convince everybody you do.

Actually boff is 100% in his assessment IMO. Coyle has the same players on the pitch and from what I saw played exactly the same way. That is understandable of course, he is just in the door and hasn't had time to change anything.
Time will tell what Coyle can do for us. A transfer window and the rest of the season should tell us that!

(10-01-2017, 08:51 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: If you don't already have an agenda against Coyle you're certainly managing to convince everybody you do.

For me to have an agenda I would have to have some control over the appointment and try to influence change to my demands.  Thankfully I dont have any control I merely have an oppinion and concern.  As i said earlier I hope it works but will need evidence before I jump on the bandwagon.  Our manager will be judged at the end of the season not after 1 game.  At the moment all people can have is views, hopes and inspirations about the appointment.  It is also ok to have a view that you are concerned/worried about the appointment but still hope it works.