Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kilmarnock away - Sat 30 Sept
Information 
Killie away is arguably the best away day of the season (up there with Hearts), and this time we've got the added excitement of it being the first game of the Owen Coyle era.

The Central Staggies will be travelling in numbers and, as ever, we're absolutely open to new faces.  So if you've recently moved to the central belt for work or university, feel free to get in touch about meeting up, or just turn up on the day and say hello.  There's no better game to be introduced to a Central Staggies away day!

Those of us in Edinburgh are getting the 10:19 train from Haymarket to Glasgow Queen Street.  We'll then link up with the Glasgow lot to catch the 11:43 from Central to Kilmarnock.

We should arrive in Kilmarnock at 12:21, when we'll head to our regular pre-game haunt - Macks Bar on Grange Street.  Don't be put off by the bars in the window - it's a very welcoming pub, complete with prices those of us who live in Edinburgh and Glasgow haven't seen in 10 years!  50p pool and five songs for £1 on the jukebox is a pretty good throwback too.

After the game we'll play it by ear (probably a stop at Macks - the length of which will depend on the result! - before catching the train back to Glasgow.

Has our Ben passed the Central Staggies initiation ceremony yet, any pics?

Presumably the bus will arrive in time for a pint or 3 at the Park Hotel.

(09-29-2017, 10:54 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Has our Ben passed the Central Staggies initiation ceremony yet, any pics?

Presumably the bus will arrive in time for a pint or 3 at the Park Hotel.

Ha. This was supposed to be Ben's first big away day with us, except he's gone back north for the weekend and will be on the supporters bus like normal!

For the "we didn't start the fire" chant I'm buying you all a pint when i get the chance,

I mean it. 100% quality.